Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:46 AM   #31
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Time to bring this back up.

We all know what happened at Ortiz/Shamrock 3 (another thread), so I'll talk about UFC 64.

Franklin looked very off in this fight. He didn't look like his usual self. Maybe it was Silva's Muy Thai clinch? Silva looked dominant, but I still don't know why Franklin fought (or lack of fighting) the way he did.

UFC 65: Bad Intentions

November 11

Heavyweight Championship
Monson vs Sylia
I pick Sylvia

Welterweight Championship
Hughes vs GSP
I pick GSP

Pride this Saturday! Can't wait to watch it.

Ortiz/Lidell
coming in December! I'm on my boy Tito on this one, even though I like both, I gotta go with Ortiz.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2006, 05:12 AM   #32
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Franklin just got rocked hard. Silva was flawless once he got the Thai clinch on. I mean every knee he threw landed dead on, and that kneee that broke Franklin's nose was just sick. In pretty much every fight Rich has been in he is used to being the one that was dominating. When Silva started dominating him in the clinch he just looked so lost.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #33
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey, did Silvia come from PRIDE? I've never heard of him. He comes outta nowhere and beats Rich down.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:51 PM   #34
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
hes been in the game for a while bro...he has way more than enough credentials to beat rich: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Silva

franklin was horrible...his footwork was awkward, his pace was rushed and impatient...but lets face it, silvas game is too solid for him...it only took silva a little bit of time before sensing rich's weakness...look how long it took rich to "feel" silva out...oh wait, he never finished...went straight from "feeling out" to survival mode...

most of these UFC guys arent used to real muay thai or even kickboxing for that matter...and when i say used to and "real", i mean backgrounds of pride fc or K1 status fighters...and thats the exact reason why ive always said that wanderlei would beat rich...knees and traditional muay thai...

as for tito and liddell...as much as i hate liddell, im gonna say its all him...

PRIDE THIS WEEKEND!!! WOOOHOOO!!! leaving friday afternoon suckahs!!! arriving just in time for weigh ins at caesars palace and be a groupie bitch! yay!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:54 PM   #35
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
and btw, GSP rocks...cant wait for him to take hughes' belt away...
Old 10-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #36
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14
Is that scheduled yet?
Old 10-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #37
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE

UFC 65: Bad Intentions

November 11

Welterweight Championship
Hughes vs GSP
I pick GSP
There ya go Premie. I keed I keed.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:09 PM   #38
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Quote:
i wouldnt be so cocky about it

been watching mma shit for years now
Old 10-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #39
zenki-217
Zilvia Junkie

zenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nice
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Obsessed...MMA/index.php?

Nice clean BS free MMa forum^ join up fellas.
zenki-217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:12 PM   #40
zenki-217
Zilvia Junkie

zenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar

Anything is possible...
zenki-217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:12 PM   #41
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
There ya go Premie. I keed I keed.

I don't think it will be so one sided. Hughes was being a dick to him on Ultimate Fighter. I'm going to go with GSP too though.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:27 PM   #42
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar

im gonna have to favor GSP on this one...bj revealed a chink in matt's armor and GSP is definitely gonna give him a run for his money...

what does that have to do with anything? so have i, along with a handful of members here...people arent allowed to have favorites now?
Old 10-18-2006, 02:22 AM   #43
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
man, i havent been keeping up with the fights.
i havent seen the fight yet. but i knew silva is a great overall fighter with the precisionass stikes in muay thai and has good bbj. thinking, he was going to be a a handful for rich but he can take him. then after hearing he got rock on the first round with a clinch and knees is just disppointing. franklin should getout pat militage camp and join tito's camp. haha. my answer to silva is brute power drilling into your face and rage! oh well, im gonna check it out in youtube.

as for hughes, i hope he gets served... gsp style!
btw also after checking out the ufc site that brandon vera is going to fight ufc 65 against frank mir. i hope vera wins.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:48 AM   #44
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
zomg! i just finished, the fight was ridiculously annoying. i think, franklin was already hurt on the first or fourth knee strike. that look on franklin is haunting. he looked like he wanted a time out, but then he realized it was an actual fight, not practice, he said to himself "oh shit". that OHSHIT look. like oh shit i didnt practice for this. he so was unprepared for a clinch like that.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:07 AM   #45
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Would you guys agree that Tito has probably the best ground and piund in the business? I sure think so. He's so accurate with his elbows and fists on the ground it's just crazy.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:03 AM   #46
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Cashizslick can only hope to improve
Its nice to see some more MMA fans.

I have a decent ammount of experience in MMA.

http://fightingartsacademy.com/ Was my first school and I trained here for 6.5 years.

MMA is probably the best thing anybody could do for themselves. Its just so practical.
Cashizslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:06 AM   #47
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Quote:
im gonna have to favor GSP on this one...bj revealed a chink in matt's armor and GSP is definitely gonna give him a run for his money...

what does that have to do with anything? so have i, along with a handful of members here...people arent allowed to have favorites now?
I would rather see Anderson Sylva fight Matt and kick his ass. But lets just wait and see what happens.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:47 PM   #48
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed
Would you guys agree that Tito has probably the best ground and piund in the business? I sure think so. He's so accurate with his elbows and fists on the ground it's just crazy.
I agree. Once he has you on the ground, you are not going anywhere. He's also the best at inflicting punishment (no pun intended ) inside his opponent's guard.

Can't wait for him to take the belt away from Lidell.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #49
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I agree. Once he has you on the ground, you are not going anywhere. He's also the best at inflicting punishment (no pun intended ) inside his opponent's guard.

Can't wait for him to take the belt away from Lidell.
God, how I would love to see that happen! I don't think we'll be so lucky. If he get's Liddell to the ground I think he can dominate him Liddell is going to try to keep the fight on their feet and expect a TKO again. Titio, should say fuck that and shoot in ASAP and then work that ground and pound and fuck him up.

(sorry i feel the need to cuss while discussing MMA)
Old 10-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #50
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

The only real flaw to Liddel's game is his conditioning. Tito has the best conditioning regimine bar-none in the UFC. I think if Tito can withstand some of Liddel's punishment early on, and then wears him out, Tito has a VERY good chance at taking Lidell down and doing his GNP that he's so good at.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:57 PM   #51
grudge
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
grudge is on the path to ruingrudge is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
tito all the way
grudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:59 PM   #52
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grudge
the only way i see tito beating chuck is if he can keep him on the ground. but he has to get him to the ground first, which is already a hard thing to do since chuck's takedown defense is one on the best. but im for tito all the way, no doubt!
On the other hand, Tito's takedown offense (for the lack of a better term) is one of the best, so that's a toss-up.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #53
grudge
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed
God, how I would love to see that happen! I don't think we'll be so lucky. If he get's Liddell to the ground I think he can dominate him Liddell is going to try to keep the fight on their feet and expect a TKO again. Titio, should say fuck that and shoot in ASAP and then work that ground and pound and fuck him up.

(sorry i feel the need to cuss while discussing MMA)
thats pretty much the only way tito can win this fight. but chuck's takedown defense is one of the best. let's just hope tito can keep him on the ground. im all for tito though.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #54
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

When is the last time Liddell went to the ground? Does anyone know? I think if someone can get him down he'll go out like a bitch.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #55
grudge
Zilvia Member

can't recall for sure but he has been on his back before, but he's so good at getting back up. thats one of his features that makes him such a good fighter besides his offense, his defense.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:29 PM   #56
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

i think liddells gonna defend his title on this one...his overhead punches will eventually catch tito...not to mention liddells a pretty smart fighter; hes very patient, unlike tito...and most of his devastating hits are offensive counters...on top of that, he does have the best takedown defense so tito better shoot and pray for the best...if tito gets him down, its definitely over, but just like any bout, its still a fight...theres so many variables, anything can go...

i dont know if liddell has been on his back in UFC, but he has in pride...hes like a defenseless turtle flipped on its back...granted the bout with quinton was three years ago, liddell still doesnt really place grappling/ground game as priority in his training...tito should review the pride video and use quinton jacksons double leg takedowns...they seemed to work for him and won him that fight...

PRIDE IN 2.5 DAYS!!! any one gonna be there?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #57
anthony240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
anthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anthony240
UFC 65 is in Sacramento! I wanna go watch, since the card looks freakin awesome!
Old 10-20-2006, 01:02 AM   #58
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
when will brian ever spar with me.... i swear weve had countless discussions over MMA and all that but hes never ever spar'd with me...we should since were about the same height only thing he lacks is the weight and build..brian like i said we should train... as for shamrocka nd ortiz we all know what happend the clover guy is gonna get his ass kicked no matter what...oh well tough call... i wanna see a lidell vs silva but that will never happend both parties are being beotches.......

brian i await ur callin and anthony also...=)
Old 10-20-2006, 02:44 AM   #59
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitexsound
when will brian ever spar with me.... i swear weve had countless discussions over MMA and all that but hes never ever spar'd with me...we should since were about the same height only thing he lacks is the weight and build..brian like i said we should train... as for shamrocka nd ortiz we all know what happend the clover guy is gonna get his ass kicked no matter what...oh well tough call... i wanna see a lidell vs silva but that will never happend both parties are being beotches.......

brian i await ur callin and anthony also...=)
ANYTIME, ANYWHERE BORY!!! oh, ive been building, waiting for you, bro...haha

what are you talking about homie?...i called you to go with me to pride real deal...i thought you were gonna pull through too =( ...go with us anyways! im leaving tm afternoon foo...ah, youre gonna flake...ill give you a call when i get back...commence "brian getting his ass handed to him!" :hammer:
Old 10-20-2006, 07:25 AM   #60
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Did you guys watch Ultimate Fighter last night? Man I'm so pissed Matt Serra won. He's such a douche bag. Not that Shonie Carter is much better, but at least his not a prick.