Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:59 PM   #241
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any progress on the house?
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #242
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Any progress on the house?
Unfortunately not. We have gone back and forth a few times with the city and have had to submit revised drawings a few times now. We should be able to apply for variance on the last couple line items soon though.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:55 AM   #243
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute

Removed the spoiler and test fitted some new track wheels. Buddy Club P1 in 16x8+22, so slightly more aggressive then OEM R32 GTR wheels. The plan is to have them refinished over the winter and find some more appropriate track rubber.

I had always found the spoiler to be a bit too aggressive against the rounder Tommykaira Sides and rear valance. It needs something, just need to figure out what that something is
Old 10-24-2017, 01:46 AM   #244
Y0SH
Zilvia Junkie

Y0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the rough
I like how you have a R32 in the blueprints for the house.
Y0SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:11 PM   #245
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0SH View Post
I like how you have a R32 in the blueprints for the house.
I had to make sure the garage would be adequate. The plans for the house are now in the hands of the city's planning division so hopefully we hear back soon.

was able to go out for a last cruise with some local guys before storage. A friend wanted to shoot the cars with film so im excited to see how that comes out.

I also recently replaced the transmission mount with a nismo unit. The car had developed a clunk over the summer so I got it in the air and saw that the stock mount had completely torn. words cant begin to describe how much better the car drives when the driveline is fastened to the vehicle.

My replacement speedometer cable and clutch slave cylinder (which i noticed was seeping a little) have also arrived. Those will have to wait until next season though as unfortunately the car is now in storage for the winter.

Time to start stockpiling parts before the house gets underway.

till next time.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #246
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
1: Your dog is the best dog on Zilvia

2: D1SP is very cool and I enjoy seeing the media coverage that follows!

Excited to see what the winter brings. The P1s look great.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:43 AM   #247
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
1: Your dog is the best dog on Zilvia

2: D1SP is very cool and I enjoy seeing the media coverage that follows!

Excited to see what the winter brings. The P1s look great.

1: She makes the best co pilot (despite all the dog hair)

2: D1SP has some pretty exciting things planned for 2018. stay tuned.

thanks for the kind words
Old 11-17-2017, 05:11 PM   #248
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Got some pictures back from the other weekend. My friend shot them with film so they look super 90s

No progress since the car is sleeping for the next few months, Just thought I'd share.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:24 PM   #249
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Been quite some time since we've had an update.

The car is still sleeping and tucked away for the winter. I have managed to pick up a "OP6" RB25 Neo turbo which is on its way from Japan right now. It was pulled from an automatic car with 65kms on it so it should be in decent shape.

To match the new turbo, I have also picked up some 444cc GTR injectors and required resistor box. I also worked a Garage Saurus tuned ECU into the deal which should get get up and running until I can get the car ROM tuned.

The ECU is currently tuned for the RB25 turbo @ 14 PSI, GTR injectors, Z32 MAFS (I'll need to source one) and the usual mods like intake / exhaust/ front mount. But unlike the MINES ecu I am currently running, the Garage Saurus board isn't epoxied and can be retuned.

I am also trying to work out a deal on an HKS cast manifold which would be right at home in my engine bay. fingers crossed for that.

As I have slowly been collecting parts for the car, we have made HUGE progress on our house.

We were granted all of the variances we were asking for as well as received our certificate for zoning. Plans have been submitted for the building permit so we should be able to start construction in the next month or so.

More updates as they happen
Old 02-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #250
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Nice! That is going to a great space
Old 02-18-2018, 02:55 PM   #251
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Sweet! The city sure loves to drag their feet with large project, so it's nice to hear that the ball is rolling again!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #252
boostzilla
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
boostzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post

Removed the spoiler and test fitted some new track wheels. Buddy Club P1 in 16x8+22, so slightly more aggressive then OEM R32 GTR wheels. The plan is to have them refinished over the winter and find some more appropriate track rubber.

I had always found the spoiler to be a bit too aggressive against the rounder Tommykaira Sides and rear valance. It needs something, just need to figure out what that something is
Just my luck. been looking for that spoiler for months on end now. finally pull the plug on a gtr spoiler and boom i see yours up for sale ! always loved the look of this car. super 90's !
boostzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:56 PM   #253
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostzilla View Post
Just my luck. been looking for that spoiler for months on end now. finally pull the plug on a gtr spoiler and boom i see yours up for sale ! always loved the look of this car. super 90's !
I just picked up a GTR spoiler , strangely enough
Old 03-04-2018, 07:50 PM   #254
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The ruf is missing solar-panels
Old 05-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #255
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

So long time no update.

Had a bit of a busy last couple of months, We are finally moving out of the house this coming sunday and the demo should be underway in the next week or so. Hard to believe that this is finally underway, its been a hell of a time getting to this point.

Since the house was taking forever to get a approved and canada was stuck in the dead of winter, My wife and I (along with a couple friends) went to to Japan for a couple weeks. We figured we wouldnt be able to once the house was being paid for so why not?

We planned out a trip which included various sight seeing as well as some car things to keep us happy. The trip went Tokyo > Hakone > Osaka > Kyoto> Hiroshima > Tokyo , with a day trip to Ebisu.

The first couple nights we roamed Toyko, did Robot Restaurant and Maricar at Shibuya. Although both are really touristy, they were loads of fun.

We then went to Fun2Drive and did one of their tours. I rented the 32 and my friend got the FD

The weather wasnt the greatest but we still had a blast. We were lucky we did it at day as it snowed 15cm that night.

Car spotting is fun in Japan because there is something every few minutes. The main thing is that car culture there is so diverse. In the span of a few hours we saw everything from Enzos to Lowriders to old TVRs.

I am a fan of R-chassis (obviously) So here are the good spots:

Saw the SuperAutobacs TommyKaira Car

Spotted lots of Shibas too

Went to Ebisu for the day to explore a bit as well as go to the zoo?

It was pretty dead as it was a weekday but we did see a few locals out on track.

There was a lion cub on a leash too.

Its just amazing at the stuff that gets discarded here though, its really where cars come to die.

Probably the most interesting spot was (what i think?) a Ultima GTR driving late night around Ginza

So after all that my pockets were a little empty, I still did manage to skrimp a bit to get the car some goodies during the off season which include:

- RB25 Neo Turbo
- GTR Injectors
- Garage Saurus Tuned ECU (for 25 turbo, GTR injectors, z32 Mafs ect.)
- R32 GTR Spoiler

I Still need to get some tires for the P1 wheels but will probably only pick something up should I get a chance to go lapping.

Unexpectedly, A good friend gave me his spare Top Secret Bumper to run as a trade for my old stock seats. But it looks much nicer than the old cut-up bumper and JUN lip

I hope I can get all these goodies installed in the upcoming weeks. The car just came out of storage last weekend and I have had little time to put in work with the move happening and all.

-Jordie
Old 05-09-2018, 06:39 AM   #256
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Man I want to try out the go kart.
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:01 PM   #257
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_nice View Post
Man I want to try out the go kart.
It was a ton of fun. Not too sure how long it will be around seeing as people keep crashing the karts, not to mention the lawsuit from Nintendo.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:38 PM   #258
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Mad jelly that you're car is out and about... It's looking GREAT by the way!

Quote:
It was a ton of fun. Not too sure how long it will be around seeing as people keep crashing the karts, not to mention the lawsuit from Nintendo.
I believe they are shutting things down by years end. The lawsuit has been lingering for a little while now.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:10 AM   #259
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Not so much a car update but we finally started demo on the house.

This is the first photo I took the day we moved in. You can thank hurricane sandy for the gloomy shot.

Here it is now. We got the roof mostly torn off and the inside completely gutted. touch wood, there have been no major surprises aside from the 4 layers of flooring in the house.

Mostly all of the wiring, HVAC and plumbing has also been removed.

We are living with my In-Laws during the renovation, my wife and I are commuting to the city together which allows us to take advantage of the HOV/Carpool lane. Needless to say the R32 has been sitting a lot lately.

I am chasing a missfire issue at about 5000 rpm. Rather than replace the aging system piece by piece, ive decided to do a complete overhaul and convert to LS coils. Ive debated over this for a while but it seems to be the most cost efficient solution.

The last thing I want to do is bandaid problems by throwing used RB parts at the problem. At the moment I cant afford to take out another mortgage to buy all new OEM ignition components. Gotta love that R chassis Tax.

Ive got a conversion harness on the way which from wiring specialties. will do away with
the OEM ignitor.

The ONLY caveat to me doing this swap is that it has to fit under the oem (or in my case Machined "HKS") Cover. I am not filling my engine bay with brackets, coils and plug wires. I am going to try an re-use my stock coil boots / springs, if not I will order some MK4 supra units which seem to do the trick with other peoples builds.

Which brings me to the bracket. I found the CX racing bracket which mounts the coils in the OEM location. Perfect. I went to order a few (one for pal) to save on shipping but was still quoted $80 USD to ship which is outrageous. So I will make my own.

Keep your eyes on this space for 3D scanning and lasercutting content

Cheers

-Jordie
Old 07-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #260
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

A few weeks back I got a chance to swing by my "house" (very loose term at this point, but more on that later) to pick up my RB25 Neo turbo.

Car looks and runs a lot cooler with the new Top Secret bumper too

Turbine swap was fairly standard bolt-on procedure which went fairly smoothly. If youre doing this swap be sure it comes with all the standard RB25 drains as well as the rb25 inlet and it is a 100% bolt on affair. Also swapped over the rb20 wastegate actuator for 10psi goodness.

Took this time to do some much needed maintenance. this included replacing the drivers side cam cover gasket as well as change the plugs. this combined with cleaning the MAFS fixed the missfire issue. Also replaced the transmission output seal as well as put in a new speedo cable.

In doing this we found quite possibly the best "rag" in the random bag from princess auto

I still plan on doing the LS coilpack conversion but at least now I can enjoy the car.

Got to take the car out for my first ever time lapping. I've been on track for drifting countless times but never an actual lapping session. I think everyone should try it at least once, as there's so much to learn and it easily shows you the strong / weak points in your build.

For my first time out I think I did 4 or so 10 min sessions in my car. I went with a friend who agreed to show me the ropes. I hopped in his car (600whp GTST) for the first while to learn the course. Then switched back to my car, which felt painfully slow) for the next few sessions to follow his line and have his record me driving.

I had a blast. It was a really hot day but the car stayed cool, Before we go out next time I really need a set of agressive pads and grippier rear tires ($70 the chinese tires arnt cutting it). The zestinos I have up front worked really well. An oil cooler would be nice but I think I can do without for now as I am still focusing on learning and not pushing the car too hard.

-Jordie
Old 07-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #261
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Oh man, that bumper looks sweet.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:06 PM   #262
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Oh man, that bumper looks sweet.
Just going to have to find side skirts to match now... its never ending haha
Old 07-02-2018, 02:59 PM   #263
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Just going to have to find side skirts to match now... its never ending haha
It NEVER does HAHA! Your car is looking great my man!

Old 07-16-2018, 06:05 AM   #264
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
It NEVER does HAHA! Your car is looking great my man!
Thanks! Not a car update but I had a chance to swing by the house and the framing is almost done. Beyond stoked to move back in, just have to wait a few more months.

Quick before and after (during? lol)

The roof should be installed this week along with the windows and doors. Then we can move on to all the mechanical stuff.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:07 PM   #265
dsc4130
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
dsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
So long time no update.

Had a bit of a busy last couple of months, We are finally moving out of the house this coming sunday and the demo should be underway in the next week or so. Hard to believe that this is finally underway, its been a hell of a time getting to this point.

Since the house was taking forever to get a approved and canada was stuck in the dead of winter, My wife and I (along with a couple friends) went to to Japan for a couple weeks. We figured we wouldnt be able to once the house was being paid for so why not?

We planned out a trip which included various sight seeing as well as some car things to keep us happy. The trip went Tokyo > Hakone > Osaka > Kyoto> Hiroshima > Tokyo , with a day trip to Ebisu.

The first couple nights we roamed Toyko, did Robot Restaurant and Maricar at Shibuya. Although both are really touristy, they were loads of fun.

We then went to Fun2Drive and did one of their tours. I rented the 32 and my friend got the FD

The weather wasnt the greatest but we still had a blast. We were lucky we did it at day as it snowed 15cm that night.

Car spotting is fun in Japan because there is something every few minutes. The main thing is that car culture there is so diverse. In the span of a few hours we saw everything from Enzos to Lowriders to old TVRs.

I am a fan of R-chassis (obviously) So here are the good spots:

Saw the SuperAutobacs TommyKaira Car

Spotted lots of Shibas too

Went to Ebisu for the day to explore a bit as well as go to the zoo?

It was pretty dead as it was a weekday but we did see a few locals out on track.

There was a lion cub on a leash too.

Its just amazing at the stuff that gets discarded here though, its really where cars come to die.

Probably the most interesting spot was (what i think?) a Ultima GTR driving late night around Ginza

So after all that my pockets were a little empty, I still did manage to skrimp a bit to get the car some goodies during the off season which include:

- RB25 Neo Turbo
- GTR Injectors
- Garage Saurus Tuned ECU (for 25 turbo, GTR injectors, z32 Mafs ect.)
- R32 GTR Spoiler

I Still need to get some tires for the P1 wheels but will probably only pick something up should I get a chance to go lapping.

Unexpectedly, A good friend gave me his spare Top Secret Bumper to run as a trade for my old stock seats. But it looks much nicer than the old cut-up bumper and JUN lip

I hope I can get all these goodies installed in the upcoming weeks. The car just came out of storage last weekend and I have had little time to put in work with the move happening and all.

-Jordie
The yellow fd in the picture that on the scrap pile had no title and couldn’t be sold, that’s why it was parted
Old 09-04-2018, 07:23 AM   #266
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
It was necessary to quote the whole post for that reply? hahaha
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #267
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc4130 View Post
The yellow fd in the picture that on the scrap pile had no title and couldn’t be sold, that’s why it was parted
In the US, that would be solved.

People talk about the US being a disposable society, I feel like Japan takes it to another level.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:01 AM   #268
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

This past summer has been rather uneventful in terms of playing with the R32. I am currently living outside the city which makes it tough to meetup with everyone.

With everyone being so busy, We only managed to organize one D1SP trackday this summer. It turned out to be a perfect day with good weather and great people.

Managed to disintegrate my off brand burner tires as well as bubble a sidewall in my front zestino tires. Limped it home on miss matched wheels.

I had booked a lapping day for the next weekend so it was a mad dash to get something on the car. Learning for my first lapping day, I had used up my limited budget on getting new Powerstop Trackday pads. I managed to get some 225/50/16 DUNLOP DZ102 for my spare Kosei k1 wheels.

My father in law took the boat fishing so I took over and got to work.

went to fit my "GTR" wing but the stands ended out being shorter than the edges so I will need to make a little riser to get it to fit properly. Kinda bummed about this as it was supposed to be a "bolt on" piece. Another reminder not to buy reps.

The tommykaira graphics were becoming a little worse for wear so they came off. Trying to figure out what to do next because the car just looks naked with out them & the wing.

The change to these tires made lapping fun but not quicker. The harder rubber made and seemingly weightless wheels made my mostly stock setup feel like it had 300hp. The brake pads were a big improvement.

Still cant keep up with this guy though.

Ive picked up some 225 front & 235 Rear NS2R for next season. I doubt I will make it to the track anymore this season because it gets dark so early now. not to mention the snow.

We should be back in the house in the next month or so. Just in time for winter.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:25 AM   #269
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

I really dig the car on the K1. House looks like it is coming along nicely!
Old 10-22-2018, 07:38 AM   #270
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I really dig the car on the K1. House looks like it is coming along nicely!
Thanks!. I like the look of them too. Theyre just a paint to keep clean with these pads.

I cant wait to be back in the house with the garage.