Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
E30 SR20det swap Thailand drift build

Update, went out for Midnight cruise through Bangkok with some friends in their wild rides.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX1jVPDaLxU

Also go to do some skids in the car and damn this thing is twitchy with 265's and such a short wheel base!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYf50v9qnfk

Update, practicing launching in the car has been fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23cbytUW54g
NGK Iridium spark plug upgrade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cdt65IIX3g

Finally got around to snapping a few pictures of my project out here in Bangkok.
Check out the Blog for details and a little write up. Sr20det Aem Infinity flex fuel build

I will try and keep it to mostly pictures and video here on the forum Of course please feel free to ask any questions, always happy to help out if possible.

Super short build list: BIG thanks to Alex at Brewed Motorsports for getting all my parts safely shipped in one package to Thailand!

2dr E30
s14 SR20det
AEM Infinity 508 Flex Fuel tuning
ID1000cc injectors
O44 bosch fuel pump
E85 ~25-30psi on the S15 turbo **buddy gave me an evo 8 turbo so i used that over the gt28**
BC sports coilovers 8k front
E36 rack
E46 front control arms
Sparco seat
Complete E34 subframe
Rear coilover conversion 6k springs

Coming from the states where i have every tool imaginable at my finger tips this little project is tacking me back to my roots!

I am still waiting on most of the parts to get this thing finished up and on the road. But here are a couple things that have already arrived The Big package of electronics and fuel parts from Brewed should be arriving in about 5 days. Just hope customs doesn't rape me on this one!

Last edited by tunermt; 01-13-2023 at 09:49 PM..
tunermt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
rgztmalv
Leaky Injector

rgztmalv is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like it's gonna be a pretty sick project.
rgztmalv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
SR20Driftking4lyf
Leaky Injector

SR20Driftking4lyf is an unknown quantity at this point
25-30psi on an S15 turbo?
SR20Driftking4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
ralphandthequeen
Zilvia Member

ralphandthequeen is an unknown quantity at this point
i miss Thailand.. so much fun. and looks like a nice ride. keep updating!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20Driftking4lyf View Post
25-30psi on an S15 turbo?
It will make the boost and good power in the mid range however I will need to taper the boost down to ~20 by redline.
(this set up makes for a FAT torque curve on a little SR20, very nice for sliding)

Oh and a pic of the wheels i'm leaning towards at the moment, 16x9 20mm will more than likely still need some spacers though.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:43 AM   #6
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Do work eric!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #7
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I'd request this get moved otherwise lock down I foresee... A lot of people swapping SR's into BMW's lately.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
keeeban
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
keeeban is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
the things I would do to have a place like that.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #9
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for the kind words guys, i was planning to have some updates and be driving a bit by now but BC Sports Thailand just told me yet another few days until my 51mm front lower coilover mounts clear customs...
Old 06-09-2012, 01:56 AM   #10
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Well the post office finally got me the big box of treats Brewed Motors sent out 2 months ago!

Just yanked out the S14 SR engine harness and started labeling/cleaning things up in preparation for the AEM EMS install and tuning.
Pictures of the finished harness coming soon.

All cleaned up

Last edited by tunermt; 08-02-2012 at 09:35 AM..
Old 06-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #11
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeeban View Post
the things I would do to have a place like that.
haha yea i totally agree. but if i had a place that big id want a lift knowing id have the room. jacks and jack stands are such a pita sometimes
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #12
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Haha the car was on jack stands 10ft I'm front of a lift that no longer worked. That shop is about 300 meters from my apartment and was a body shop that closed after the terrible floods out here last year. The owner is super nice and offered me space to tinker with the car until the new location in Bangkok is ready.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
So a s15 can do 25-30lbs now? Thats something new
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #14
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunermt View Post
It will make the boost and good power in the mid range however I will need to taper the boost down to ~20 by redline.
(this set up makes for a FAT torque curve on a little SR20, very nice for sliding)

I would like vids of a OEM S15 T28 boosting 30psi.

Then an update of said turbo after 3 events.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #15
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

remember my friends 25-30psi will only be in the mid range, to remain "safe" tapering the boost back down to the 20psi range by red line is a must.

For example (RUFF example don't quote these #s they are just an example, stock SR with S15 turbo) at say 4500 rpm and 20psi the shaft speed would be ~100k rpm but by 7k eng rpm and 20psi the shaft speed will increase to ~130k rpm (engine is moving more air the turbo must work harder to keep up)

At 4500 eng rpm and ~28psi the shaft speed will be ~130k rpm, by tapering the boost back down to ~20psi by 7k eng rpm you can maintain a similar/safe shaft speed. As apposed to forcing ~28psi at 7k eng rpm causing the shaft speed to sky rocket to 150-200K rpm + of course trying to hold to much boost all the way to redline with a small turbo will also cause intake temps to sky rocket

Don't get me wrong this is not easy on a turbo but if you keep a close eye on everything and don't get greedy it is a great way to make some extra torque as long as your fuel can support it. (high octane to avoid detonation)
Unfortunately i will not have a shaft speed sensor on this turbo to show you all exact #s but this should give you an idea.
I will however be happy to post up AIT, boost, rpm data to help shed some light on this.

Don't get me wrong this is not gods gift to tuning small turbos but it does work quite well its just a matter of finding the "sweet spot" which very well may be 25psi tapered to 18psi.

haha notice i did say 25-30 yet 30 is the only # anyone repeats
Old 06-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #16
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
I dont know if you know something we dont know, but the max power and boost that turbo can put out safely and reliable is 300ish hp at 16psi.

anything past 16 is past its efficient range and it will grenade. I know this because Ive had friends that have been tuned and ran that turbo at 18-19 psi and the bearings shit themselves. then another one that his boost controller crapped out and was running 21-23 psi and after a 3 weeks was a substantial increase in shaft play.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Old 06-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #17
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Yeah there is no way it will make that much boost.
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #18
cbcm2435
Zilvia Junkie

cbcm2435 is an unknown quantity at this point
i trust that eric knows what he is talking about. he tuned my car, and i run 18-19psi on my t28 daily for probably 6-7 months now, including a 1500 mile trip when i moved to PA. and i checked my turbo the other day while i had it off and its still good to go.
cbcm2435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #19
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcm2435 View Post
i trust that eric knows what he is talking about. he tuned my car, and i run 18-19psi on my t28 daily for probably 6-7 months now, including a 1500 mile trip when i moved to PA. and i checked my turbo the other day while i had it off and its still good to go.
DD and 1500 mile trips don't mean anything, you're not straining that turbo driving at 2,000 RPM in Vac, unless your running full boost the whole way.

Drifting/tracking a is different story.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 06-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #20
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

No worries guys i'll post up details and results, haha i'll be throwing some anti lag at this turbo as well to help make sure it lasts forever
Old 07-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #21
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Couldn't find an electric shop ANYWHERE in my area (near Bangkok) that had what i needed... or even understood what i needed haha, SO I cannibalized the old gauge cluster i wont be using.
Didn't find the 100 ohm resister that i needed but i did score a 70 ohm and a 30 ohm bing bang boom soldered inline =100 ohm resister!

Last edited by tunermt; 07-28-2012 at 08:06 AM..
Old 07-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #22
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Is the resistor added to calibrate the speedo?
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #23
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

no i pulled the resistors out of the old BMW gauge cluster (my dash will consist of 1 AEM serial gauge, shift/rpm lights and MAYBE a tach)

The Alternator has power, ground, and a 2 pin connector (voltage sensor wire and the wire that runs to the dash warning light).
I don't have the nissan dash or warning light/led from the dash so i had to use a 100 ohm resistor for this wire before the Alt would start to put out any voltage.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #24
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

So preliminary tuning, just giving the map a bit more head room for some extra boost and RPM

Old 07-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #25
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Coming along nciely Eric. Can't wait to see it in action.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #26
Nismo11
Zilvia Addict

Nismo11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick project bro!
Nismo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:06 AM   #27
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

some more goodies from America

Was planning to finish up the front half of the chassis wiring harness today but to damn busy with a few E-Tunes.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:38 AM   #28
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Fuse box and start switch all wired in and mounted on top of a little sticker bomb action

Old 08-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #29
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

pulled apart the front half of the chassis harness to make sure the engine bay won't be cluttered up by anything i don't want to look at haha

Old 08-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #30
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
e30 love do it
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote