Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:25 AM   #1
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
brake light inspection?

my car recently got a salvage title, so now i need to get a brake light inspection. has anybody ever went through this procedure before? what do they check for and where do i need to go to get this inspection? i hear they check your brake lights, tail light, turn signals and headlights. but i am not sure, if anybody had any information or knows of a shop that would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2008, 02:31 AM   #2
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I think test only places do it. I bought a salvage car a few years back and I got sent to a specific shop and it was a test only place. Pretty much check if everything is in working order, properly aligned, and it's not about to fall off.

No big deal, just goes with buying a salvage car. There's another test they did... some CHP thing iirc. I think there were 3 test total that the car needed to pass.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:39 AM   #3
importdude
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
importdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to importdude
all they do is check all your lights
exterior wise

well i did bring it to a viet shop so mabe they were lazy
cost me 40 buck
importdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:57 AM   #4
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
siccckkkkkk. cuz my car is kinda low and the 225/45s on a 10.5j is not exactaly "safe". i thought they might trip.

haha.

importdude, where did you go? im in san jose as well and i have a bunch of vietnamese friends who work in other areas of automotive related work and you know how that is, they all know each other.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:00 AM   #5
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
they will check your exterior lights (tail lamp, brake light, license plate light, head lights, turn lights, markers)

you'll also need a brake inspection check

and you'll have to go to a police station to have them check the vin numbers on your car

Just call around the repair shops around your area to ask if they do the brake and light inspection check for dmv. If they don't, ask them if they know of one. Once you do find a place, make sure they give you a certification or some sort which makes it legt (i believe it has dmv written on the papers)

oh yeah, you need to get a smog too
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:13 AM   #6
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

cooool. got it.

got the smog already.

what do they do for the brake inspection? do i just gotta make sure my rotors and pads are still good and the system is bled properly?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:19 AM   #7
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
They are going to test it twice by driving it up to speeds of:

15mph or 45mph (can't remember)

25mph

and your car needs to stop at a certain amount of distance (maybe like stock or better?)
Old 02-13-2008, 03:34 AM   #8
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

they are gonna drive my car??

wtf?

oh well, i beat the shit out of it anyways.

thanks for the info!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:36 AM   #9
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

been there thats why.

no problem and good luck