Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Australia/New Zealand

Old 02-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
marcencar
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
marcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to marcencar
Sydney to Cairns

I will be in australia this year and was wondering how many miles is it from sydney to cairns and based on the speed limit, what is your best guess on how many hours it will take to drive?

Also if anyone has other suggestions/experience in other means of travel from sydney to cairns.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
take a plane its pretty far. i think it was like a 2 hr plane ride when i went a few summers ago. but i cant really remember.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #3
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
Yeah mate, Just catch a plane our flights here are pretty cheap you can get around most places for like $70-100AUD.

Otherwise if your up for a long drive, and Cairns is VERY hot/humid which means you will be abusing that aircon so your throwing away the money.. Fuel in Australia is about the 1.20c mark average upto 1.35 on a Thursday..

Sit back get a plane you wont regret it!

anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
marcencar
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
marcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to marcencar
ty for the feedback
Old 06-20-2010, 04:02 AM   #5
jdformosa

jdformosa is an unknown quantity at this point
hey dude from sydney to brisbane its 9-10 hours drive and from brisbane to cairns its that again i hope you have a good car to ride in man coz Queensland hi-ways are fucking SHIT HOUSE speed limits are 100 - 110 kph
from syd to cairns flight will be about 5-6 flight
jdformosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
HAWAII
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
HAWAII is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
hahaha! that is hella far, don't be fooled by Australia's land size. That place is huge with very, very,very wide open spaces. Just take a plane bro, that's what we do when we go to the reef to do some snorkling
HAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:58 AM   #7
tongy

tongy is an unknown quantity at this point
it takes about 3 hours to fly from sydney to cairns. to drive it take about 9-10 from sydney to brisbane then about 20+ hours up to cairns best to do it over 2 days. i've done the drive its not thats great but hey i'd rather fly
tongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
domino

domino is an unknown quantity at this point
I've driven from Sydney to the Goldcoast in 7 hours before, but there's too many speed camera's these days
domino is offline   Reply With Quote