Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-19-2018, 08:25 PM   #16171
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
No, just remake another one . I miss the comedy
Old 06-19-2018, 09:12 PM   #16172
oldman_KA_T

Trader Rating: (0)
oldman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
can't say i really care about importers going out of business. they charge $10k+ for cars people literally don't care about in japan(even at the current time with drift tax.) you can go on any small used car lot in japan and find half of these cars for $5k. if the time comes that an 80s econobox is fetching $10k+ you might as well just buy a brand new toyota 86, you will get all the same pleasure and a warranty on top of it. importers capitalize on the market(obviously can't blame them) but that just means 99% of people getting the cars are teens with well off parents, only diminishing the supply even quicker since they will likely crash them. it's a lose/lose for actual enthusiasts of the cars from their generation.
oldman_KA_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:11 AM   #16173
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
On topic:

SiIick BuIld BrOoo
Old 06-20-2018, 07:13 AM   #16174
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Another 240 down the shitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brokeboi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:20 AM   #16175
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough

Old 06-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #16176
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm unsure if that cap is "real" or "replica" but for whatever reason those caps do go for big money
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:26 AM   #16177
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That's not even a bad price for a NIB HKS cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman_KA_T View Post
just buy a brand new toyota 86, you will get all the same pleasure.
Also a new 86 is definitely not "the same pleasure" as our favorite 80s/90s cars from Japan.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:22 AM   #16178
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
New old stock demands the highest resale prices in most aftermarkets. The box alone is pretty cool imo.
"Rare" or "jdm tyte" parts only go for what people are willing to pay
Old 06-20-2018, 09:59 AM   #16179
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
That cap went for $60 new... man that sucks to buy such a large step up in price.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #16180
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
$200 doesn't sound bad to me for a rare piece like that. Especially if someone has a ton of money into a custom built and painted valve cover (s13.4 for example) and needs one last piece to finish it off.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:31 AM   #16181
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
$200 doesn't sound bad to me for a rare piece like that. Especially if someone has a ton of money into a custom built and painted valve cover (s13.4 for example) and needs one last piece to finish it off.
Yeah but how you really feel about a nerd putting it on a knocking dirty ass KA lol

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:26 AM   #16182
oldman_KA_T

oldman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enough
what stops someone from just buying a similar style cap and putting hks emblems on it? nevermind the fact that there are probably a couple hundred cars in japanese scrapyards with it. lol paying $200 for a purple cap is the definition or trend slave.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:43 AM   #16183
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Or its the definition of someone buying what they want regardless of the price... Yes prices have been jacked up lately from people trying to get on that "parts broker" band wagon and learning a couple keywords to find and import parts from YAJ etc. I'm not going to get mad at them for taking the initiative that anybody else could have taken themselves. Honestly that HKS oil cap is not one of those parts lol, they're genuinely rare.

Yes I agree putting something like that on a shoddy KA would be ridiculous, and i'd probably ridicule someone for doing that but I wouldn't really care.
The difference is anybody with a brain would KNOW the difference between the genuine cap and some "similar style cap with hks stickers".

I just paid over $1,200 for a made to order hood from Japan. Is it a lot? Fuck yeah that's a lot for a damn hood for my drift car that could potentially get damaged. However it's what I wanted, and I get what I want. Doesn't mean i'm a trend slave. It has a specific cost from the manufacturer, and shipping a hood on an airplane is not cheap.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #16184
oldman_KA_T

i guarantee you someone could make that cap and you would never know the difference. not to mention a cap like that costs nothing at all to produce. and people like things in that way because it is deemed popular at one point. the root cause of a stupid little cap being $200 is that it was once trendy. it's literally cheaper to have a machine shop make you a cap you can design from scratch, which would be your ultimate personal style.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #16185
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I get you on that. I hand carried garage mak rear overs from Japan back. Those fucking fenders are NOT cheap!

But I love them.... hence gotta pay for what you like.

You do you right?

Quote:
Or its the definition of someone buying what they want regardless of the price... Yes prices have been jacked up lately from people trying to get on that "parts broker" band wagon and learning a couple keywords to find and import parts from YAJ etc. I'm not going to get mad at them for taking the initiative that anybody else could have taken themselves. Honestly that HKS oil cap is not one of those parts lol, they're genuinely rare.

Yes I agree putting something like that on a shoddy KA would be ridiculous, and i'd probably ridicule someone for doing that but I wouldn't really care.
The difference is anybody with a brain would KNOW the difference between the genuine cap and some "similar style cap with hks stickers".

I just paid over $1,200 for a made to order hood from Japan. Is it a lot? Fuck yeah that's a lot for a damn hood for my drift car that could potentially get damaged. However it's what I wanted, and I get what I want. Doesn't mean i'm a trend slave. It has a specific cost from the manufacturer, and shipping a hood on an airplane is not cheap.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #16186
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think you're missing the point. Back in the day that part was cool, it's still cool now.

I want it.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #16187
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

"You're doing it wrong" Pt. 2 - Because turrible ideas never die

I’d get $100 since its an uncommon, out of production “genuine” piece retailed for $60 new. But $200 for an oil cap regardless of whatever jdm brand is straight ludicrous, I mean think about it. That’s just personal input aside from whatever the market favors.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:30 PM   #16188
oldman_KA_T

parts that are difficult and costly to reproduce are one thing... an oil cap... any machine shop can recreate that. maybe i should have some made and sell them for $200. nah, lets face it. nobody is paying him $200 for that.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:54 PM   #16189
oldman_KA_T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trWJ8S6Nack
Old 06-20-2018, 01:10 PM   #16190
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
"Drifting"
Old 06-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #16191
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
parts that are difficult and costly to reproduce are one thing... an oil cap... any machine shop can recreate that. maybe i should have some made and sell them for $200. nah, lets face it. nobody is paying him $200 for that.

> Random dudes HKS "replica" oil cap he had made at "any machine shop".

> Genuine NIB HKS oil cap.

Guess which one people would pay $200 for.

Matter of fact, i'll bet you $200 you COULDN'T replicate that oil cap at any machine shop local to you and it not be noticeably different.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:54 PM   #16192
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
$200 for oil cap that sells for 5,800yen(~$58 us) new. Ha ha. Even $58 bucks for an oil cap is a waste of $$ IMO.

That 'drifting' video was so.. bad.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:38 PM   #16193
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeboi01 View Post
I’d get $100 since its an uncommon, out of production “genuine” piece retailed for $60 new. But $200 for an oil cap regardless of whatever jdm brand is straight ludicrous, I mean think about it. That’s just personal input aside from whatever the market favors.

Quote:
Quote:
> Random dudes HKS "replica" oil cap he had made at "any machine shop".

> Genuine NIB HKS oil cap.

Guess which one people would pay $200 for.

Matter of fact, i'll bet you $200 you COULDN'T replicate that oil cap at any machine shop local to you and it not be noticeably different.
Quote:
what stops someone from just buying a similar style cap and putting hks emblems on it? nevermind the fact that there are probably a couple hundred cars in japanese scrapyards with it. lol paying $200 for a purple cap is the definition or trend slave.
Quote:
i guarantee you someone could make that cap and you would never know the difference. not to mention a cap like that costs nothing at all to produce. and people like things in that way because it is deemed popular at one point. the root cause of a stupid little cap being $200 is that it was once trendy. it's literally cheaper to have a machine shop make you a cap you can design from scratch, which would be your ultimate personal style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
$200 for oil cap that sells for 5,800yen(~$58 us) new. Ha ha. Even $58 bucks for an oil cap is a waste of $$ IMO.

That 'drifting' video was so.. bad.
Maybe it the humidity in the air or maybe its the salty pessimism, either way you guys are all sounding like my Ex gf's friends ranting about a brod with a slick set of T&A. If the man wants to sell a discontinued oil cap for $200 let him exercise his capitalistic business venture and if you cant tell the difference... then theres lack of imagination on your part. And no machine shop, will go through CAD to CNC, to powder coating a one off oil cap to that exact spec for $200, whatever it is that your smoking ... PLEASE let me know, love to get on that shit.

Theres a lot that can be done cheaper and is probably becoming the demise of that rat roach of car you have and to a extent this current forum and culture. You buy a discontinued oil cap because its the finishing touch behind a extensive build, quality project, or even a tastefully moderate whip sporting a simple yet extensive set up. Deep pockets and baller status aside, you buy era/quality aesthetic parts because you simply want it for what it is, forget about the prudent finical decision making, and the recent rampant of validation for a shallow self esteem and fragile ego *COUGH *hubeny* COUGH* that I am constantly seeing. I get the overly saturated hypebeast "supreme-esqu" stigma that we see on social media that taints your taste towards this stuff, but it comes down to style and execution the that not even money can buy.

And lets be real, don't banter on the idea of being financially frugal and judicious by having a overly glorified s-chassis regardless of what your intention is with it. Because if its not a $200 oil cap its something else...

IG Holy_khal
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:41 PM   #16194
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:56 PM   #16195
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
why would they ruin a s15 like this damn...
Old 06-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #16196
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
why would they ruin a s15 like this damn...
Looks like a spec S without turbo in it, so it was already ruined when brand new
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:30 PM   #16197
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadghost View Post
And no machine shop, will go through CAD to CNC, to powder coating a one off oil cap to that exact spec for $200, whatever it is that your smoking ... PLEASE let me know, love to get on that shit...
That's essentially what I was trying to say lol.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #16198
flartius
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I dunno, for $200 an oil cap I might. Once you have the program proofed it’s not a big deal.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:01 PM   #16199
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

Old 06-22-2018, 06:59 AM   #16200
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeboi01 View Post

I may be wrong, but judging by the hole in the rocker panel I believe that I once owned that chassis. The dude I sold it to started to fix some "rust" and just cut it all out and never patched it back up. RIP to that chassis, it was once very very clean.