Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-09-2018, 01:38 PM   #1
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Speed Junkie is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Strut Bar Clearance S14 SR in S13

There have been a few threads but nothing concrete established on this question.

I there a company that makes a good strut bar (like the DC sport one) that fits S13s with S14 SR20s? I tried my friends DC Sport bar but it interferes with the S14 rocker cover. Evidently S14s have higher strut towers so they clear. Some people found that shorter engine mounts might help clear it as well but I would like to keep the OEM mounts.

I saw this bar but I can't fine anything on fitment with an S14 SR. Also I think the company no longer exists...

Speed Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I would contact Streetfaction about there combinations and see if they know if theres fit.

https://streetfaction.net/collection...cts/strut-bars

Alternatively, you can go with Driftfreq (user on here) and install his, which lower it a touch.

Also, that strut bar you posted should work, since it's back against the firewall; where'd you find that?

Some other options here, if you haven't found it...
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=445693
Old 08-10-2018, 06:05 AM   #3
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Speed Junkie is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's Rotorimp from the nissanroadracing forum I think. I dug up some threads from like 2009 where people were talking about how seldom the guy sold them in batches so I don't see these coming back soon. And yeah it does look like they will fit but they don't look very structurally sound/effective.

If the Street Faction one looks anything like their solid model then there's no way it will clear the rocker cover. The main cross bar goes right across from strut to strut and doesn't curve up at all.

It's starting to look like the only option is to make a custom one.
Speed Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote