Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:11 AM   #121
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
That sounds like it would be pretty straight forward, RB would probably suit the chassis better as far as power/weight goes anyway.

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2015, 08:40 PM   #122
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Is that g35 really towing, or is it in the same picture?
I was thinking the same thing, but there's no damn way it's pulling that trailer...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:01 AM   #123
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Is that g35 really towing, or is it in the same picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

I was thinking the same thing, but there's no damn way it's pulling that trailer...

Yeah it is. That's in Australia I think. I believe I saw a video with this happening
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:25 AM   #124
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchs14 View Post
Attachment 88046Attachment 88047Attachment 88048Attachment 88049Attachment 88051Attachment 88052

So I see this one has a sr in it. But they can with a rb25. They also came vq30 as well. That's only in Japan. We got them with the v8. So Swapping a z32/RB trans in how hard? Or even making it work with the v8?

Thanks for the info. I might be in touch
This is what I'm waiting for. The VQ30DET version. Safe at 500hp & tons of parts compatibility with the Maxima's VQ30DE... Swap in the 350Z's CD009 and it's on like Donkey Kong. I think the Y33 Leopard is probably my favorite. Apparently, it was marketed as the 4 door companion car to the Fairlady Z32. Pretty cool.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:36 PM   #125
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Why is nobody drifting IS300 wagons?
Available in the US and way cooler than all these Japanese taxi cab-looking sedans people are importing.
IS wagons are dope but Lexus did not sell a lot of them. You actually see more CT200 wagons than IS wagons.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:25 PM   #126
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

i gather that it does tow from time to time
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #127
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240KA View Post
i gather that it does tow from time to time
Well then... consider me surprised! That's rather cool...

Old 10-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #128
240KA
Zilvia Addict

240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
can you tell i love this thread? more specifically the jzx81...

excuse the sedan wannabe....but damn i had to share

how rare are these things? 1967 toyota 2000gt

lmao...edit....^^^ those are million dollar cars
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:39 AM   #129
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Aside from the 2000 there I think it's hilarious that we love these old grandpa styled 80s/90s sedans that don't look sporty at all.
Some people scroll through IG and look at lambos, we come here and look at these.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:09 AM   #130
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Some guy up here bought a big financial mistake.

1980's H250 Nissan President.

The reason I say it's a financial mistake is cuz you can't buy any parts for these any more, not even through Nissan or on the auctions.

Pretty sure he's just trying to flip it in the US.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:25 PM   #131
Mitch604

Mitch604 is an unknown quantity at this point
well i haven't really bee on zilvia for a long time. here's my Mark II. recently bought this after losing my R32 and i couldn't be happier having an x-chassis, just want to do a few suspension things, as well as areo

old r32
Mitch604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:58 AM   #132
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445273878.719300.jpg

More of this thang
Old 10-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #133
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Why is nobody drifting IS300 wagons?
IS300 wagons are really rare.
5 speed is300's are really rare.
5 speed IS Wagons are incredibly rare, like unicorn shit.

There's basically no room in the trans tunnel for a transmission that would hold any respectable power or abuse, so for a decent power build you're already looking at some good fabrication.

Although a factory 3s Beams swapped one could be pretty fun, there was a built NA one in a Best Motoring episode that was awesome.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #134
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

TMW is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post

There's basically no room in the trans tunnel for a transmission that would hold any respectable power or abuse, so for a decent power build you're already looking at some good fabrication.

Although a factory 3s Beams swapped one could be pretty fun, there was a built NA one in a Best Motoring episode that was awesome.

Didn't they not make any 5 speed sport cross?

Like it's not rare. It wasn't even an option.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #135
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Also you can fit a good trans in the tunnel. They make lsx Kits for them so I'm sure they can fit a t56 no problem
Old 10-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #136
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
I've seen a 5sp sport cross for sale before, but he didn't mention anything about swapping it so I'm not really sure? I figured maybe they didn't build any 5sp, but it could have been ordered as an option if you really wanted it.

That's weird about the trans, there was a thread with a guy doing a 2jz swap and he gave up because he couldn't get an r154 to fit in the stock trans tunnel. Maybe those are huge bastards lol.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:08 PM   #137
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post

Where are you getting your info?

Sportcross is300 was never sold in america with a manual transmission.

And the is300 transmission options are plenty for ones which can withstand abuse.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #138
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Like I said I saw one for sale and he didn't say it was swapped so I didn't know.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:59 PM   #139
renegade_ewok
Zilvia Junkie

renegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Where are you getting your info?

Sportcross is300 was never sold in america with a manual transmission.

And the is300 transmission options are plenty for ones which can withstand abuse.
Yep. I have a JZX110 R154 in mine, and it fits V160/161s no problem. Oh and T56s. And whatever else the hell you want.
renegade_ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:37 PM   #140
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Some people run CD009's too, with the help of a hammer. That's the route I'd go if I could do it again in an IS.

Old 10-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #141
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Wait. Where are you guys seeing CD009's successfully going into IS300's with just a little BFH massaging? I thought it was impposible without serious fabrication to the trans tunnel... http://www.clublexus.com/forums/perf...ml#post7784750
Old 10-19-2015, 07:13 PM   #142
rJZx

rJZx is an unknown quantity at this point
http://my.is/forums/f219/3-year-hiat...geance-550089/
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:33 PM   #143
simmode1
Post Whore!

Wow. Well look at that. Time to revisit the is300 vs g35 sedan debate.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #144
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Old 10-21-2015, 04:12 PM   #145
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
I got a lot of love for cefiros

Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:03 PM   #146
rJZx

rJZx is an unknown quantity at this point
Series 2 jzx100 Cresta is my favorite out of the three <3
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #147
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Had a quick shakedown at the track with this over the weekend. Will be installing GKTECH front roll center correction kit and TF outer tie rods to fix some front end issues.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:20 PM   #148
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

I need to just pull the trigger and get a laurel
Old 10-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #149
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240KA View Post

how rare are these things? 1967 toyota 2000gt

lmao...edit....^^^ those are million dollar cars
Saw a 2000GT at a classic car show a few years ago. it was in the parking lot of all places

they are beautiful cars
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #150
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
beautiful car wish it had the watanabe's
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote