Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
movable without engine crossmember?

story short. my friend is parting out his s13 and i need the engine crossmember.

My Question is;
Is it safe to roll the car around without front crossmember.

thanks!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
im gonna say no
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
The LCA has nothing to connect to if the cross member is gone
so No i dont think so. but you can use some carts!!
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
yea i had a home depot cart/tray i slid under my car to move it around
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
yea i had a home depot cart/tray i slid under my car to move it around
LOL. that sounds so easy. i was/might going to build my own rack with 4 wheels and 2x4 to move my junk shell onto a uhual truck to bring it to recycler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Just don't get caught stealing shopping carts!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
while we are talking about shopping carts, I found a easy way to transport an engine, I have to drive 20miles. I'm thinking of cutting the shopping cart and keeping the bottom, I will tie the engine to the bottom of the cart and then tie the cart to the back of the car.
SO my question is, is this legal? Having half a shopping cart with an engine on top, being pulled by a car on the streets and little bit of freeway driving.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:04 PM   #8
Zachsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Zachsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashiriya415 View Post
while we are talking about shopping carts, I found a easy way to transport an engine, I have to drive 20miles. I'm thinking of cutting the shopping cart and keeping the bottom, I will tie the engine to the bottom of the cart and then tie the cart to the back of the car.
SO my question is, is this legal? Having half a shopping cart with an engine on top, being pulled by a car on the streets and little bit of freeway driving.

LOL man this shit made me giggle.

That does not sound safe at ALL. Definitely not legal.
Zachsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #9
LOUD240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
LOUD240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
you have got to be kidding, this will not work in any way. the cart will flip and you will loose the motor cause an accident etc etc:smas h::smash :
LOUD240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
when i was moving from my old house to new house, i had to throw my blown sohc motor away. we rented one of those $100 large dumpsters in the driveway. i had to move the motor from my backyard to the driveway, so i loaded it onto a handtruck with 4 wheels (made for vertical or horizontal moving). the weight collapsed some of the wheels and it was almost impossible to move, but i got it in the dumpster.

i know you are probably kidding about the shopping cart (at least i think you are?), but it will NOT work! the think metal frame would be crushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #11
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I was not kidding, I'm to lazy to load it in the back of a car, then take apart my cherry picker and load it into the car, then have to unload and assemble the picker, then pull out the motor, the take apart the picker again and back into the car and to my house, then assemble at my house. I'm running out of space to store stuff at my house, so I wanted to bring it to my friends house, but if I could put it onto a cart that would save lot's of time. or if somebody wants to buy it please buy it now, search turbogodzilla on craigslist or check my sale thread

If you guys wanna hear something funny listen to this, when I was a kid around 10 years old, me and my friend got a "free" motor from a golf course. The time was around 1am at night and we brought a shopping cart from a nearby store, we managed to pull it out of the cart with some pliers and screw drivers and an adjustable wrench, we then loaded the motor onto the shopping cart and we rolled it down the hill hoping to ram the gate and break it open, it didn't work gate was to strong, we were prepared we brought helmets cuz I knew if the gate didn't break we would get hurt. We then cut hole and managed to get it out, the real funny part is when we had it on the cart, we had to push the cart on the sidewalk for about 60 blocks took like 3 hours and made tons of noise but we managed to get it to my house. The point of the engine back then was for us to make a go kart it was 16hp motor, and with my skills back then the chassis would have only lasted 1 block around the house, I had no idea how to weld and I was cutting up couple of shopping carts to make a chassis. I was putting them together with screws and hose clamps, along with duct tape. I had no idea how to build it, I had no book to read or anything, all the ideas were coming out of my head. I tried build my own steering system but it didn't work out to well wheels would lock when turned. the brake system was just 2 rods in front and 2 rods in rear scraping the floor when applied, after about 6 months of trying and failing I couldn't get the engine to start, I had no idea what kind of gas it took, and I had no idea how to deliver the gas except with a bottle that was pressurized with gas to 5psi and I made my own little nozzle that I pointed directly in the intake, it cranked and almost started up but my skills were no good back then to make it run so I rolled it down the block and left it at the corner.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote