Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
newboost
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
newboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
VVl build.

Need advice on VVl build.
I have a few questions that I’m hoping fellow members would know.
I don’t want to do much to the motor just a basic. But when considering building the bottom end I get mixed reviews on what’s the best option I was advised on this setup but is this overkill or this is necessary.
19mm rod bearings
Oil groove machine for sr20
Acl race thrust bearing
Acl race rod bearing 19mm wide
Acl race main bearing set
Mazword sr20 billet main caps.
Hone line bore.

I was thinking of going more this route
Hot tank/clean
Resize cylinder (up to 0.020” over)
New OEM bearing
New OEM rod bearings
Cp pistons, 86.5mm
Manley H-beams rods

Now my other question is the head selection I have a blk top s13 in s14. I was under the impression that the sr20ve p12 neo vvl head is the one I would need. I thought I wouldn’t have to relocate the vvl sensor and I can use the cas. But after speaking with mazworks I was told I still need their kit because I still have to move the vvl sensors and I still have to run a hall sensor. I thought I would only have to make these mods if I was running a p11 head.
newboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #2
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
you still need to relocate the VVL, there are some kits that allow the p12 single solenoid to fit, i believe Taarks makes it.

To run the CAS, on an s-14 you will have to notch the firewall,

there is a whole thread dedicated to this, that should answer all your conversion questions

Also i have a set of 86.5 CP pistons for sale they are brand new from Mazworx, I went with 90mm for my build and had already purchased the 86.5mm's PM me if your interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
-Billet main caps are extremely overkill. Use the stock Mani Caps and stock main bolts. They are good for 550+ WHP. This is an additional almost 6-700 in cost all said and done and you are not shooting for 1000+ WHP. At which point, billet block it all. Anything apart from stock will require align hone. Not needed

-P11 or P12 head does not matter in terms of fitment. There is a single solenoid conversion from a P12 to P11 head
-CAS fitment. This is heavily dependent on which engine mounts you use.

You do not NEED to do a hall effect sensor. You also do not need to relocated the solenoid or even use the stock solenoid. There are many options
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #4
newboost
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
-Billet main caps are extremely overkill. Use the stock Mani Caps and stock main bolts. They are good for 550+ WHP. This is an additional almost 6-700 in cost all said and done and you are not shooting for 1000+ WHP. At which point, billet block it all. Anything apart from stock will require align hone. Not needed

-P11 or P12 head does not matter in terms of fitment. There is a single solenoid conversion from a P12 to P11 head
-CAS fitment. This is heavily dependent on which engine mounts you use.

You do not NEED to do a hall effect sensor. You also do not need to relocated the solenoid or even use the stock solenoid. There are many options
thank you very much. this is what i though .but I don't find much on people doing the swap with a p12 sr20ve head. are there any good places that you would recommend for the swap meaning to get parts. i have been thinking about auto tech. now i know the p11 solenoid has to be moved to clear the firewall for the s14. if i use the stock sr20ve p12 one it should clear. i have nismotronic that i will be using for tuning options. any ideas on head gasket thinking about stock VVL mls
Old 04-11-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
newboost
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
you still need to relocate the VVL, there are some kits that allow the p12 single solenoid to fit, i believe Taarks makes it.

To run the CAS, on an s-14 you will have to notch the firewall,

there is a whole thread dedicated to this, that should answer all your conversion questions

Also i have a set of 86.5 CP pistons for sale they are brand new from Mazworx, I went with 90mm for my build and had already purchased the 86.5mm's PM me if your interested.

pm sent might take you on this offer