Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
timtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timtiminy
SR head rebuild (rocker arms)

hey guys i am rebuilding my sr20det completely and got a complete set of new rocker arms to replace the ones that were on the head as they were gouged by the camshaft cause somehow it looks like molten aluminum plugged up the little oil squirters on the rocker arms... question is, will I have to reshim for the new rocker arms or because i am using the stock automaticaly adjusting hydraulic lifters will they be fine leaving them as is? I am also wondering if there is a way to test the hydraulic lifters to see if they are in good working order?
thanks for your help,
Tim
timtiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Umm...have you thoroughly checked the whole head to make sure nothing else is fucked up? Usually if the rocker arm gets gouged by the cams, theyre both done and something else may be fucked up too since oil wasnt properly flowing in the head. SRs are so dependent on oil its not even funny.

But to answer your question, you shouldnt have to do anything else other than making sure all the lil magnetic valve caps thing are all there.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
timtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timtiminy
yeah i checked out everything else, seems like everything else is good. the cam lobes are blued but other than that the cam bearings/caps are good no gouging there. I dont really understand what happend with the little holes on the rockers getting plugged.. it only happened on the intake side and nothing else is damaged. would it be safe to use the camshafts with the lobes blued? I may just look into some 256 cams i just dont want to move my torque curve up in the rev range. oh and if anyone knows how to check hydraulic lifters please chime in.
timtiminy is offline   Reply With Quote