Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #31
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DownSouthSlider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitzio240sx View Post
Nice build man! Great props to you and your dad! theres no place like home to build a car. keep up the good work and keep us updated, i want to see this thing up and running!
thanks dude..

small update. started working on the exhaust last weeend. ran out of pipe and pops was outa town this weekend so hopefully some updates this upcoming weekend. everything so far is tacked in and mocked up for now.

DownSouthSlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #32
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
haha dude that exhaust is awesome! my setup is almost exactly the same except im running one tip out the license plate hole! good job!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #33
silver04rsx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
silver04rsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I am deff digging the exhaust. Nice thinking outside the box and being different!!! Props to you.... Are the thrush the only muffler you have on the exhaust?? If so that thing is gonna sound nasty. In a blow your ear drums off, good way...
silver04rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #34
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
I don't hand out compliments very often... well, never really. But you and your father have done a great job, out under a car port, with limited resources.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #35
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

DownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
haha dude that exhaust is awesome! my setup is almost exactly the same except im running one tip out the license plate hole! good job!
Sweet dude, post up a picture I want to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver04rsx View Post
I am deff digging the exhaust. Nice thinking outside the box and being different!!! Props to you.... Are the thrush the only muffler you have on the exhaust?? If so that thing is gonna sound nasty. In a blow your ear drums off, good way...
Yea i was a bit concerned about how loud it will be, but pops made some baffling so we will see how it goes. If its too loud then we will change accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
I don't hand out compliments very often... well, never really. But you and your father have done a great job, out under a car port, with limited resources.
Thanks for the complement. Although I wish we had a nice shop with a lift and all the awesome tools.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #36
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

havent really had time to mess with the car in the past few weeks but managed to get the exhaust and spoiler finished.

going to try to finish the sheet metal work inside the car next weekend then it will be coming back to my house to get the wiring / plumbing done and tie up a few loose ends!

hopefully all the panels will be riveted in place. still have to do the door panels and some other metal work inside the car.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #37
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
shits def coming together!
digg it man
Old 11-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #38
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Great job, congratulations!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #39
nate1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
nate1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
so original, love the wing and exhaust, has that 2000s F&F feel with the paint like that to
nate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #40
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

thanks guys...

2000's F&F paint what??
Old 11-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #41
BILLFISHER21
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
BILLFISHER21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
rodd for some reason i realy love the spoiler. I assume the uprights mount through trunk.
BILLFISHER21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #42
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

yea bill they are mounted through the trunk lid. thanks dudes! i wanted a lip spoiler but decided to go a bit more old school road race style.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #43
F20cS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
F20cS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is like the "Days of thunder" s13 lol. First time I've seen most of the cosmetic work and ita great.and big props on the exhaust. Might have to steal your idea :-)
Can't wait to see the rest, great work

P.s the fact your even welding is leaps over what most of us do :-)
Old 11-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #44
jbretz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
jbretz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
you know you have an epic build thread whenever your doing amazing builds like this in the carport and your dad is wearing a fatlace shirt. props to you and your pops dude
Old 11-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #45
xnissan240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xnissan240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Awesome build man can't wait to hear what she sounds like!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #46
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20cS13 View Post
This is like the "Days of thunder" s13 lol. First time I've seen most of the cosmetic work and ita great.and big props on the exhaust. Might have to steal your idea :-)
Can't wait to see the rest, great work

P.s the fact your even welding is leaps over what most of us do :-)
thanks bro. we dont have a money tree in the back yard so we have to do alot of this ourselves. its part of racing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbretz View Post
you know you have an epic build thread whenever your doing amazing builds like this in the carport and your dad is wearing a fatlace shirt. props to you and your pops dude
haha yea i totally forgot he was wearing that shit that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnissan240sx View Post
Awesome build man can't wait to hear what she sounds like!
same here dude....same here!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #47
F20cS13
Zilvia Member

:-) Your doing better work then people with money lol
Old 11-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #48
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

haha thanks for the kind words bro!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #49
khai01
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
khai01 is making a name for him/her selfkhai01 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownSouthSlider View Post
havent really had time to mess with the car in the past few weeks but managed to get the exhaust and spoiler finished.

going to try to finish the sheet metal work inside the car next weekend then it will be coming back to my house to get the wiring / plumbing done and tie up a few loose ends!

hopefully all the panels will be riveted in place. still have to do the door panels and some other metal work inside the car.
You should make some of these spoiler kit for sale. I am down for 1 kit
khai01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #50
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khai01 View Post
You should make some of these spoiler kit for sale. I am down for 1 kit
we will see how this one turns out. we might mass produce them in the future if they are worth the time.

got some sheet metal work complete today. still need to do some heat shroud work between the cell and exhaust, and the trans tunnel. Also still need to remove all sound deadening crap. here is what we did today

where the ECU and Fuse block will go.

here are the door panels. (not pictured are the door sills which are there now)

money shot
Old 11-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #51
F20cS13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20cS13 View Post
:-) Your doing better work then people with money lol
And again............

They originally did my dash similar to yours (aluminum bezel) but after they were done with comp they made it more "street" and I never got that piece with the car:-\ ...I might have you mock on up for me:-). I noticed there's went down further on the sides where the cruise buttons etc are.I'll try and find a pic of it for you.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #52
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

yea dude id like to see it. bad news is the dash isnt FD legal so it looks like we are going to have to make a full fiberglass OEM replacement dash. its in the rule books. oh well we will keep it how it is for now until im ready for pro-am events.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #53
anthonyr sil8ty
Zilvia Junkie

anthonyr sil8ty is an unknown quantity at this point
looks dope, that father and son bonding time.... gotta love it.
anthonyr sil8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #54
EazyS13
Zilvia Member

EazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
always gonna be haters, and hey who cares if you dont have a shop if your doin it and getting it done thats whats up, diggin the originallty (spoiler, paint combos, exhaust, etc.) keep it up
EazyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #55
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyr sil8ty View Post
looks dope, that father and son bonding time.... gotta love it.
yea dude its our only time to really hang out. so i take it where i can ya know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyS13 View Post
always gonna be haters, and hey who cares if you dont have a shop if your doin it and getting it done thats whats up, diggin the originallty (spoiler, paint combos, exhaust, etc.) keep it up
yea seriously. we cant have every s13 look the same right?
Old 11-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #56
anthonyr sil8ty
Zilvia Junkie

anthonyr sil8ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownSouthSlider View Post
yea dude its our only time to really hang out. so i take it where i can ya know.

wish my pops was more into cars and would give me a hand, he dont like to get dirty lol.
anthonyr sil8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #57
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry if it was covered and i missed it, but are you running windows?

Is this a track only vehicle, the build sure seems to be going that direction...

I like that you are doing things with purpose in mind, and then making it look good afterwards, very nice, keep it up
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #58
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

thanks dude. yea the electric windows are staying for now. will most likely have a window net as well. but we want to do full lexan later on down the road.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #59
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

iveexcaped3 is an unknown quantity at this point
i know its in but just a idea that i woulda done if i was taking my exhaust all the way back is v-band it for quick removal if you need to do emergency repairs. mines dumping out right at the headers, open works for me but good job ill be following this
iveexcaped3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #60
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

yea open isnt legal for Formula D/pro-am events. we were gonna run the exhaust like this until i re-read the rule book.

But your concern about quick repair, we have it clamped in the middle so we can remove it easy and quick if needed.

thanks dude!