Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:36 PM   #661
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
...and the world is not coming to an end. AMD products are still being made and sold. GPP is just a marketing / Branding move. I'm sure Gigabyte will invent some name for the AMD line and no one will care. I didn't even know/care that Gigabyte called their stuff Auros.

People that were so concerned were the ones that cared about the 1fps differences from different plastic shrouds.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:46 PM   #662
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
msi/gigabyte/asus/ are confirmed with GPP.

as a consumer you should be worried about anti-competitive moves like this. nvidia already has a strong 70% hold on the gpu market. just keep making good gpu cards. there's no need for a program like this to exist.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:33 AM   #663
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
rx580 $399
v64 $899
1080ti $909

keep em dropping and putting ban hammers/regulations on crypto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70W2aFr5-Xk
titan v big indicator next nvda is going to push real async compute dx12/vulkan with minor performance improvement on dx11.

Last edited by BOROSUN; 03-22-2018 at 01:04 AM..
Old 03-22-2018, 06:26 PM   #664
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

hmm i think nvidia officially stopped selling FE 1000 series/titan Xp
Old 03-22-2018, 10:24 PM   #665
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://translate.google.com/transla...s/&prev=search
Old 03-23-2018, 05:35 AM   #666
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Hmm amd subpar.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:19 AM   #667
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I can see both sides. On one side, it is a power play by Nvidia to get the AIB's to sell less AMD cards since it has been proven that "gaming" branded cards sell more. Especially since certain brands have an established named, Strix for instance.

On the other side, there is nothing to stop the AIB's from just coming up with another name for AMD cards.

Now if the GPP extends to other products like prebuilts there could be a problem but so far (based on gigabyte's prebuilt) it seems to be just the branding.

Personally I don't support this and I kind of hope the FTC investigates.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:37 AM   #668
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
msi/gigabyte/asus/ are confirmed with GPP.

as a consumer you should be worried about anti-competitive moves like this. nvidia already has a strong 70% hold on the gpu market. just keep making good gpu cards. there's no need for a program like this to exist.
85.3%

I love all the armchair lawyers coming out. This is all marketing/branding BS. It's scummy but not illegal. I'm loving it because I hate all the model line marketing BS. These RGB LEDs add 10fps yo!

No one seems to be insulted by this:

Quote:
hmm i think nvidia officially stopped selling FE 1000 series/titan Xp
The FE Titan Xp was the only card you could get at MSRP for the last 2 months from nivida's site. Usually comes back in stock once a week.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...geforce-store/
Old 03-23-2018, 08:38 AM   #669
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Amd won't have any "gaming" label

If I were amd. I would prioritize amd dedicated aib such as xfx/saphire/ASRock/. And msi/giga/Asus get the left overs/scraps.

Last edited by BOROSUN; 03-23-2018 at 10:38 AM..
Old 03-23-2018, 10:33 AM   #670
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
85.3%

I love all the armchair lawyers coming out. This is all marketing/branding BS. It's scummy but not illegal. I'm loving it because I hate all the model line marketing BS. These RGB LEDs add 10fps yo!

No one seems to be insulted by this:

The FE Titan Xp was the only card you could get at MSRP for the last 2 months from nivida's site. Usually comes back in stock once a week.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...geforce-store/
Bc vega Fe was a good move. Was just late on the game.

Usually , Nvidia store has them on notify. Like the star wars edition. Once they stop it's out of stock. So, this means 2000series are otw.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #671
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...is_page_about/
Old 03-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #672
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

finally, long awaited sequel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYBOicqYHLY
Old 03-24-2018, 10:32 AM   #673
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu2obP4pwdU

Support innovation
Old 03-25-2018, 01:42 AM   #674
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

lol ltt lame attempt . non-gaming product vs gaming products. he should had just ran a intel igpu.
gtx 1070 FE according to nvidia its "THE WORLD'S MOST ADVANCED GAMING GPU ARCHITECTURE"
or "This is the ultimate gaming platform. #GameReady."

this guy don't make make sense.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:38 PM   #675
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/cpc...enchmarks.html

If this is fo'real . Definitely, upgrading 2700.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:44 AM   #676
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
lol ltt lame attempt . non-gaming product vs gaming products. he should had just ran a intel igpu.
gtx 1070 FE according to nvidia its "THE WORLD'S MOST ADVANCED GAMING GPU ARCHITECTURE"
or "This is the ultimate gaming platform. #GameReady."

this guy don't make make sense.

It makes perfect sense. view counts. Plus a lot of people are not like us. We knowing the "gaming" label is just that, but sales results show a lot of people buy more products with said label vs not. This video is just proving what we already know. No real difference in gaming products vs "regular" products.

Quote:
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/cpc...enchmarks.html

If this is fo'real . Definitely, upgrading 2700.

I want a Ryzen system so bad. I just cannot justify the side grade since my 4690K at 4.5 is on par or better in gaming. I do 0 productivity work.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:47 AM   #677
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

He even used a expensive Corsair case. 600d is still a gaming case cause it was designed for radiators and excellent air flow. Non gaming case would be htpc cases.
Which he would be stuck with a small cpu cooler. he won't be able to oc without throttling.
Game branding gpu will have better hand pick chip, better vrm, better cooling. Will always be a better choice. Unless you win a lottery ref card and willing to add better cooling.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:40 PM   #678
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
It makes perfect sense. view counts. Plus a lot of people are not like us. We knowing the "gaming" label is just that, but sales results show a lot of people buy more products with said label vs not. This video is just proving what we already know. No real difference in gaming products vs "regular" products.

I want a Ryzen system so bad. I just cannot justify the side grade since my 4690K at 4.5 is on par or better in gaming. I do 0 productivity work.
future will be multi thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYvOhJsO71I

great news....
vega price drop sapphire v64 $799 v56 $719

cmon keep dropping. i really need freesync.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html

crazy steve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbDrICp5gsM

keep in mind this is dx11
Old 03-28-2018, 08:07 AM   #679
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
I wish I wasn't the only one running an nvidia card.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:55 AM   #680
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

I'm pretty sure you're not the only one
Old 03-28-2018, 07:41 PM   #681
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

hmmm @nvidia's GTC not a peep about GPP. and nothing about next gen gtx. boring.

i hope lisa drops some fire.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:44 PM   #682
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP93nk4E2-s

updated driver 391.95 was only minimal. according to ppl and hwu. so, im not going to bother.
AMD friendly and developed games are just way better/polished overall. unlike gimpworks.

btw my scores for FC5
min:48
avg:55
max:67
rendered 3266

settings on high

max 67 fps is my monitor r/r @ 3840x1600.
1800x 4ghz@3200mhz stock zotec gtx1080.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:45 AM   #683
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
i hope lisa drops some fire.
You and me both. The vega 56/64 are good, just not where I want them to be.

The 1080 is approaching 2 years old at this point. The 64 trades blows with it. I want a card from AMD that surpasses the 1080ti by at least 20%.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:59 PM   #684
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

You mean v56 is trading blows with 1080 on newer titles. V64 will jump ahead once fps16/ vulkans/real time rendering that needs lots of compute.

I believe once vega prices are back to mrsp. Nvidia will release their new gtx. That can compete with async compute.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:37 PM   #685
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

nice, zotac 1080ti has dropped $899. almost back to normal price.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814500419
Old 03-30-2018, 10:59 AM   #686
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/gef...mmer-2018.html
Old 03-30-2018, 12:52 PM   #687
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGOUuXFucEg
Old 03-30-2018, 01:26 PM   #688
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
If they launch summer then ti card would be in 2019. If they release these cards this year, it will basically bury the Vega cards, presuming a jump in performance like we saw from the 900 series to the 10 series.

Naming wise. I think 11 series makes more sense. I think they can keep it up to 12 as 1380 sounds weird.

I hope Lisa n Crew uses this Ryzen money to deliver a banger.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:47 PM   #689
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

huhuhuhuhu look at all those mining cards for sale @ ebay. dont buy em folks . unless theyre for free .

figured... since now huang's master dream for self driving cars has fallen to a blackhole. performance wise dx11 wont be a huge jump from a ti according to titan v performance. you're probably looking at a ti performance with ace or tensor cores. same (or moar$$$) price for a ti too.

note also ryzen 2000 series will be arriving soo. so...gtx2080/2070 and R7 2700 will be one big scrambled egg. folks might think gtx is amd.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:33 PM   #690
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
I think I'm going to sell my $3k+ computer setup to go back to something else like xbox or something.

I'm not feeling the love on PC anymore. I don't like the atmosphere or the troll like people that come with this shit, it really gets to me sometimes in very specific ways. not just your average passer-by troll or anything. I'm just over the entire new age PC online era.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote