Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
Blk240racer

Trader Rating: (0)
Blk240racer will become famous soon enoughBlk240racer will become famous soon enoughBlk240racer will become famous soon enoughBlk240racer will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Blk240racer
e brake cable how to

im replacing my e brake cable. does anyone know what to do before i go at it. and are there any upgrades to do here or do i just use an oem cable? thanks
Old 03-24-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk240racer
im replacing my e brake cable. does anyone know what to do before i go at it. and are there any upgrades to do here or do i just use an oem cable? thanks
Read the FSM thoroughly. Make sure your rear calipers are in good shape. Most cars have seized or broken rear calipers due to neglect. Check all the tensioners, cable, springs, etc., for proper operation.

Replacing is very straightforward. Just follow the FSM and adjust as necessary. Make sure the wheels turn freely and lock completely to spec.

Your only upgrade would be hydraulic rear brakes, but they're not meant to replace parking brakes, and would also be very expensive.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:59 PM   #3
Blk240racer

Blk240racer will become famous soon enoughBlk240racer will become famous soon enoughBlk240racer will become famous soon enoughBlk240racer will become famous soon enough
brand new rear calipers. and thanks a lot
Old 03-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
Blk240racer

is there somewhere else can get an fsm or does anyone have a picture for me to see what the cable looks like
Old 03-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
its easy... if u dont have rear z32, it connect from the ebrake handle... then clamps on the subframe and disconnect it from the rear caliper...
Old 03-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
Blk240racer

i looked underneath the car. the nut on the handle itself is goe. it must had snapped off. but the right rear was still clamped. so i got the car jacked up and wiggled the brake lines and it popped free. idk how it was stuck but it was. it ok for now but i can get it on a lift on onday to get a better look at it. please if anyone can help please do. im really fed up with this car.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
nassin31spr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
nassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Just take off your drive shaft and catch all the trans fluid. Drill two new holes for each e-brake line and put in some new bolts. Relocate over a little bit that's all. No biggie. You can do it. If you talking about the part that attaches to the e brake handle then your gonna have to take a trip to the junk yard. Or buy one off me.
nassin31spr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #8
Blk240racer

haha. and how much you selling for? i dont think the two lower cables are bad, but theone in the handle needs to be replaced. idk if i can just replace one or if its all one unit
Old 03-24-2007, 08:40 PM   #9
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
the handle connects to the separator.
i broke my handle and took it off thinking i could sep. the lines..
you really cant, unless you drill out the big ass rivet.

i have stock s13 ebrake lines if you need em.

i dont know what car you have.. so i just put that plug^ there
babowc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:45 PM   #10
nassin31spr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
nassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
So you broke your line that attaches to the handle. I thought by your description that you broke the lines attached to the back brakes. I have an e brake handle with the line. Shoot me an honest offer and its yours.
nassin31spr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:37 PM   #11
Alex_Zenki

Alex_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake/Ebrake issue

Recently did my subframe bushings/ diff bushings/ ball joints(rear) rebuilt front and rear brakes after the demand seamed to be seized. Problem I'm having is hooking up the ebrake cables to the calipers. I had initially put the cables back in crossed when I put the subframe back in(head slap) but I corrected it but I can't seem to connect both sides of cables. My driver side went on easily but it seems that I'll have to tension the holy hell out of the pass side to connect then it feels that I have constant pressure from ebrake causing lock. Is there a step I'm missing to connect the cable that I'll feel stupid about? Keep in mind the handbrake is down not engaged. I have loosened the ebrake from the 10 mil on handle. Any help please
Alex_Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:21 AM   #12
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Do you have the right cables?
Old 03-26-2017, 02:22 AM   #13
Alex_Zenki

Alex_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock cables fit in proper sides via mounting brackets and clips under driveshaft. Somebody mentioned the riser bushings pinching the cables if that's the cause anybody know a way around this?
Alex_Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote