Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #31
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Mikester is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I went back to the top and re-read this thread.

Johannes,

Since I posted on May 7th, I learned something when I purged all of my fluid & put fresh stuff in. Except this time, the brake pedal feel; as well as the response was a night & day difference.

What I did differently:

Instead of bleeding w/a Mity Vac, I had a guy in the car pumping/holding the pedal. Also, I went several more iterations at each caliper after seeing no bubbles- guess what? After 5-6 times of seeing no air, there was air AGAIN that was still stuck further up the lines.

All said and done, the pedal no longer felt 'too stiff'; and the car stops like a million bucks WITH the DIF/Tokico Z32 MC. In order to do it, the rears take a while. Any air still stuck in the rear section of the system, there will be a pressure drop across the WHOLE rear system. The reason that the pedal will be overly stiff vs. mushy is that the majority of the braking is in the front and they are likely to be properly bled... If there was air in the FRONT, the pedal would probably be mushy as hell.

Anyway, I now think that the rears are not fully bled.

Also- not to insult anyone's skills; but I assume that the rear bleeder ports are at the top of the calipers and not the bottoms- yea? As you are probably well-aware, the system will never bleed with the ports at the bottom (calipers on backwards).
Old 03-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #32
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Same issue here

Last edited by Nissan2nr22; 05-08-2017 at 06:06 PM..
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #33
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
My issue was brake pads
Old 05-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #34
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan2nr22 View Post
My issue was brake pads
What do you mean, your issue was pads?
Old 05-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #35
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

The pads looked good but when I compared them to a new set of pads they were actually very low maybe half worn . The piston was showing I could only tell with the wheel off. Once I changed the pads all around my brake pedal feel came back to normal, s15 with bm50 big booster and 30mm fronts and rear 2 pots
Old 11-26-2017, 11:11 PM   #36
Izzyidk

Trader Rating: (0)
Izzyidk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
damn this thread is me. I've had a super stiff pedal for 3 years. Changed masters, boosters, calipers, lines. Changing my master again Tuesday and I will do pads at the same time. Hope this changes it
Izzyidk is offline   Reply With Quote