Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-03-2006, 11:58 PM   #1
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Valve cover question

So I stripped the bolt on redtop valve cover, yes, i summoned the power of grayskull

sucks ass, took a lot longer than i wanted to

but i got it off, and now the car will be chillin' for a bit

question is,
1. does that bolt/stud/washer looking thing/rubber that goes under washer the same as sentra's? available at u.s nissan/pepboys/kragens...?

2. since the cover is off, does valve cover gasket usually go bad, it looks okay now, but i don't really see anyone busting one, basically should i just get one now or wait until it actually bust.... what would you do...
Wei240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2006, 12:04 AM   #2
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
2. If its good keep it, if its worn and old replace it, you have money in your pocket, why not replace it..

gl w/ it
Old 08-04-2006, 07:29 AM   #3
Big Bronze Rim
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Big Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I replaced the grommets and washers with Sentra parts so it should work fine. As for replacing the gasket, its not any big deal and if its not torn is probably wont leak, but they are not that expensive and if the car is going to be down, replacing it wouldnt hurt if you've got the money.
Big Bronze Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #4
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Whether you choose to replace the valve cover gasket is up to you. You should check to see if it's damaged and replace as necessary.

Also check for correct installation and apply liquid gaskets according to the FSM.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote