Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #1
lgsr20swap
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
lgsr20swap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Rb25 timing problem

I tried post in 2 other areas before making new thread but they were dead threads. And there is so much in unnecessary junk on the web I can't find the answer I'm looking for. So I'm copying and pasting what I put in the dead threads. Sorry for the life story but....

So I started my rb25 for the first time a couple weeks ago to find out that I didn't seal the oil pan good enough. So I took the motor back out to just make sure it wasn't the rear main seal. It wasn't the seal but was the oil pan as I suspected. So a couple months ago I came across a really good deal on a new n1 pump and I figured that while I have it off and pan off I would change it. So I'm getting all the marks on the timing set so I can take the belt off and the intake is off 3 teeth. I know 100% when I put it together originally after changing head gasket and putting head studs on that I had the marks lined up perfectly What would cause it to go three teeth off. I literally ran the motor for about 10 sec. the tension on my belt is fine. I have a greddy timing belt. I didn't change the belt tensioner cause the person I bought the motor from recently changed the water pump and timing belt and put a new tensioner on then. So I guess my questions are why or how could it have done that and how should I set it so I don't damage anything when taking belt off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lgsr20swap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links