Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
s13_whoa
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
s13_whoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Best way to ground dualfanshroud?

Hey so i recently picked up a IsIs dual fan shroud for my mishimoto radiator & I havent really dealt with grounding things since the stock fan was a sensor I could just plug in. So i was wondering where and what way would be the best to ground the fan? I heard I could ground it to a switch , the ignition n a couple others. What would be best & more efficient ? Ka24de...Thanks in advance & sorry if this thread has been made already.
s13_whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
First off, ALWAYS use a relay to control a high amperage load like a fan. I, personally, use one of the stock fan switches from a singlecam to GROUND the RELAY for my fan. I also sometimes wire-in a switch on the dash so I can turn the fan on if I want to. The wiring can get pretty complicated and time-consuming to make it look good, especially with a dual fan setup.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Listen to that guy^ go to pick and pull and swipe a few relays and make the ground be your switch.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
s13_whoa
Zilvia Member

s13_whoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
First off, ALWAYS use a relay to control a high amperage load like a fan. I, personally, use one of the stock fan switches from a singlecam to GROUND the RELAY for my fan. I also sometimes wire-in a switch on the dash so I can turn the fan on if I want to. The wiring can get pretty complicated and time-consuming to make it look good, especially with a dual fan setup.
Well what I did was get the old E-Fan that comes stock & cut the wire & splice it into the dual fanshroud wires. Both positives to the old wire positive & the two negatives to the wires from the new fan. I used two butt connectors and a wire crimp over both & heat shrinked it. So now I basically plug in the same sensor as i would've have with the stock e-fan. Only thing is the fans turn on when the car reaches to a certain temperature I believe it said from 203-230+ theres a low & high. I think above 230+ is when it turns on high. I checked the info on alldata. Also I took off the clutch fan which i might put back on even tho it does minimal help without the old fanshroud. I might just do a another ground to the brake pedal so whenever im in stop & go traffic my fan turns on when im at a stop
s13_whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
zenkiset
Zilvia Member

zenkiset is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_whoa View Post
I might just do a another ground to the brake pedal so whenever im in stop & go traffic my fan turns on when im at a stop
that's not a bad idea, but how would the car know when youre at a complete stop to turn the fans on? wouldn't it just turn on everytime you tapped your brakes without actually coming to a complete stop? and if this is the case, it sounds like you just need it on a switch to where you can manually control when you want it on. it just sounds like a lot of unnecessary work imo.
zenkiset is offline   Reply With Quote