Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-15-2007, 12:12 PM   #31
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well Ichiba was discontinued for a while so maybe the new batch is faulty?

-Jackson.Vaughn.Photography-
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #32
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I just got mine and opened them up and unfortunetaly they look like the ones in the pics...oh well at least i know that all I have to do is get some snap ring pliers and my prob will be solved.

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:58 AM   #33
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
^^ i didnt have snap ring pliers. so i ghetto did it. used some flathead screwdrivers and those worked fine

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:37 PM   #34
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5t341tH
^^ did ur rings looked like the ones posted above?
Yeah they looked the same. I didn't have to change anything. One thing, however. The ichibas have a bearing cover that slides off. I had to make sure that the bearing was on straight by wiggling it onto the spindle. I also took off the dust shields. Once I got it on straight it turned fine.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #35
xiaphin
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (32)
xiaphin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xiaphin
Yeah Im gonna bump a 3 year old thread but hear me out

So I got the Ichiba front hubs for my S13 and tried installing them yesterday. From what I understand they are a direct replacement with no modding necessary. Well... cleaned up the spindle put them on tightened the nut and guess what, hard as hell to spin almost impossible really. Looked at the stackup of the Ichiba compared to OEM and noticed two things. One the difference in snap rings that this 3 YEAR OLD thread discusses (cant see the pics to see if mine prchased last week still has the snap ring in question), also the bearing seal wasnt seated enough, not allowing the hub to pull up all the way. Searched net on this problem found this thread (only thread annywhere). So i swapped the rings, tried putting it on and still no good. Found a 1-7/8 socket and pressed the seal below the bearing surface that makes contact with the spindle. And woila they went on like they should have out of the box. Heres pics of my encounter. If those who chimed in on this thread earlier could confirm the snap ring that would be great. In my mind I find it hard to believe a company would still be using incorrect parts after 3 YEARS!!!

OEM on left Ichiba on right

OEM bearing seal clearance

No clearance with the Ichiba seal - like 1/64 - 1/32 too high

Socket used to press seal in further

After pressing
xiaphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #36
revenn
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
revenn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did this ever get resolved? I just ordered mine and Im gonna be pissed if this is still a problem!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #37
iLagX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (40)
iLagX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to iLagX
I had the same problem with mine.
Can't seem to solve it.
First one with $40 takes it lol. Just one front hub.