Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
HIM
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
HIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HIM
4th cylinder wont spark

Im getting no spark to my 4th cylinder, and Im debating what it might be. Any insight>?

Ill check the distributor tomorrow, but Just going to pop out the question so once I wake up tomorrow, so I can get shit handled.

My Dohc ka wont fire up, I can hear the air/fuel when I crank it and I even checked the fuel pump so I know its the spark.
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
what u can do is take the spark plug out of the 4th cylinder and place it on top of the valve cover with the wire attached dont forget to cut of the fuel when u do this and check to see if there is a spark if not you will know for sure it is spark but also try different spark plugs. well good luck and hope that helped
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
HIM
BANNED

HIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to HIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by essforteen View Post
what u can do is take the spark plug out of the 4th cylinder and place it on top of the valve cover with the wire attached dont forget to cut of the fuel when u do this and check to see if there is a spark if not you will know for sure it is spark but also try different spark plugs. well good luck and hope that helped

thats what I did to find out I had no spark =).
I just bought the spark plugs too.
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
Oki_drifter

Oki_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i'm having the same thing happening with my SR....i'm thinking its something with the stock wiring I have in my car....but checking the whole electrical system tomorrow...i'll give you a heads up to maybe it can help you out.
Oki_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:43 AM   #5
redclaw05
Zilvia Member

redclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to redclaw05
Have you tried the coilpack? maybe its bad.