Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
PCLazarus

Trader Rating: (0)
PCLazarus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Low beams suddenly stopped working

I have '90 JDM S13 with the triple projectors and last night al the low beams suddenly stopped working. High beams, corner lamps, gauge cluster, and everything else is fine.

I checked these:

But they look fine. Does "H/Lamp" infer "High/Lamp"? Are there other fuses that may specifically be for the low beams? (Search results were futile and I don't have all day to keep digging so I'm hoping someone might have a quick answer.)

Pic of my hoopty for your time:

PCLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2018, 08:05 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Check the stalk, they're known to go bad
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:37 AM   #3
PCLazarus

PCLazarus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Check the stalk, they're known to go bad
Thanks. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I lost electrical power on my way home from work yesterday. It seems like the alternator wasn't charging the battery. (It would start after 'resting' for a few minutes then would die within a mile or two.) She's at the tuner now. I'll pass along your advice.

I got her from Japan a couple years ago and she's been rock solid ever since. I'm not even mad, as this was a regular occurrence with my Evo X.

I guess I'm officially a Nissan owner now!

PCLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #4
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
giant brakes are neat.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:26 AM   #5
Nemui

Nemui is an unknown quantity at this point
I would also double check your grounds on the front headlight harness area. I had a similar issue and mine was due to a ground. Could be possible there's corrosion on a ground causing them not to work because of bad connection and just require cleaning.
Nemui is offline   Reply With Quote