Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #31
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by na6miata View Post
Hopefully there isn't another freak snow storm this weekend to cancel this drift nirvana as well. Thanks for those S13 LCA's btw! What were you alignment specs?
I run essentially stock specs except for front camber which I keep at around -3. I still have that subframe if you need it!

The first event of the season was a success! The new suspension setup worked great and I didn't get any of the steering bind that I was experiencing last time the car was out. The day started kinda rough after a spectator backed into the car while I was in the drivers meeting. Didn't really do much damage but it definitely isn't how I wanted to start the day. Mostly got the paint but it somehow broke the metal part of the fender behind the corner light so now it fits even worse then it did before lol. We paddocked in the corner away from everyone too so idk how he managed to hit it but he was cool about it and stuck around to give me his insurance so I can't really complain.

I swear the world just doesn't want me to own nice things

I was worried the accident would be a bad omen for the rest of the day but to my surprise the car seemed to perform flawlessly the whole day! Unfortunately, the same can't be said for my driving as it took almost the entire first session for me to shake the rust off my drifting skills lol. The afternoon sessions went much better and I was able to get a bunch of good runs in. By the end of the day I was back on form and dare I say shredding haha.

Few pictures from the day, some aren't watermarked so feel free to chime in if you took these!

And some glamor shots because they're fun:

Ignore my ugly ass lol:

Trispoke brothers:

Unfortunately my day was cut about an hour short after I picked up a selftapper that must have fallen off of someones kit and got a flat. I didn't have any plugs handy and my tires only had a few more laps in them anyway so I decided to just call it a day.

It was probably a good thing I stopped when I did since on the way home I noticed a puff of smoke coming out of the hood after every shift. I pulled over to investigate and discovered that it was oil shooting out of my blow off valve so it looks like my turbo seals are gone again Good thing I still have my T28 setup from the last motor!

I just dropped the car off at GEICO's shop to get the damage from the parking lot incident fixed. They're fighting me a bit because they don't want to fix the fender but hopefully it'll all work out. Once its back I'll throw the T28 on and get ready for the next event. I'm finally starting to trust and feel confident with this car now so I'm really excited for the rest of this season!
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #32
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Picked the car up from the body shop the other day and instead of starting on the turbo install and gearing up for the next event like I should be doing, I decided to piddle around with small things. My headlight wiring had been kind of haggard and was something that I was always a bit embarrassed by so I decided to order some conversion harnesses to clean things up. I'm really glad I did because the lights are way brighter now that everything is powered properly, its awesome being confident driving at night again!

Pics of the harnesses: They were really well made, although I didn't end up using the ones for the corner lights. I would have had to modify them to work with the 180sx half and half turn signals and it was easier to just make my own.

The body shop somehow managed to loose the trim piece that goes around the ignition slot so I also scooped a light up key ring from the same guy I got the headlight harnesses from. I always thought these were kinda dumb but I figured it was easier then tracking down a new OEM piece. Now that I have it installed I don't hate it and feel like it adds a nice touch, it even matches my boost gauge illumination as an added bonus!

Doesn't look as bad as I thought when its off:

And its kinda cool at night lol:

Since I was going to have the column trim off I also decided to order up some new OEM turn signal and wiper stalks. These were always something I wanted, but it took me awhile to pull the trigger since the old ones worked still functioned fine. I'm super glad I decided to go for it though since they turned out to be the best thing I've ever done to the interior of the car! Its amazing how getting rid of the old crusty stalks made everything look so much newer and cleaner.

Old vs New:

No more crusty nonsense!

Somewhere in the middle of my interior spending spree I also acquired an old logo bride headpad for my Zeta. I prefer the looks of the older Zeta buckets with the headpad so I'd been searching for awhile but it took a long time to one that didn't have crazy markup. I don't have any installed pictures but we all know what they look like lol

That's about where the car sits as of right now. I'm going to try to get the T28 on this weekend so I'll have plenty of time to mess around with smaller things before events pick up again next month. Now that I finally have the car more or less dialed in, I'm really looking forward to getting back out with extra power.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:08 AM   #33
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looking good! New stalks look amazing as well, wondering if they're still available for RHD models as the headlamp stalk on my Silvia looks like its been chewed on by a dog LOL.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #34
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Is that keyring light plug and play? I have one in the garage somewhere but for whatever reason could never get it to light up when the door was open.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:12 AM   #35
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Is that keyring light plug and play? I have one in the garage somewhere but for whatever reason could never get it to light up when the door was open.
no its not a plug an play, if you want it to light up you need to tap into the the dome light or if your lucky enough to get the model with the courtesy lights tap into that. all you need is a signal and a ground.
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #36
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
no its not a plug an play, if you want it to light up you need to tap into the the dome light or if your lucky enough to get the model with the courtesy lights tap into that. all you need is a signal and a ground.
^^^ Pretty much what he said. I originally wired mine to the courtesy lights but I didn't find it to be very useful since it goes out the second you close the door, so I ended up wiring it to the parking lights instead. I know the Maxima's that these rings come from had a timed relay so the light would stay on for a bit after the door was closed but the 240 doesn't have anything like that to tap into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyzsilvia View Post
Looking good! New stalks look amazing as well, wondering if they're still available for RHD models as the headlamp stalk on my Silvia looks like its been chewed on by a dog LOL.
I know that they still have the RHD headlight stalk available because I saw one while I was looking for mine but idk about the wiper stalk. I would assume that they're still in production though.