Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-14-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Experience with StockInteriors.com?

Looking for some input from anyone who’s used any StockInterior.com product. Specifically the s13 carpet.

Given that my OEM carpet is almost 30 years old, it’s definitely showing wear with holes, stains, tears, ass juice, etc. For just shy of $200 this doesn’t seem like a bad idea. Would like to hear a review, good or bad, from anyone who’s used their products.

Thanks in advance!
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #2
candyred_240sx
Leaky Injector

candyred_240sx is on a distinguished road
I bought one for my s13, it fits ok but far from perfect and it's not wide enough (assuming I installed it correctly) still better then a old beat up oem carpet in my opinion.
candyred_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:13 PM   #3
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyred_240sx View Post
I bought one for my s13, it fits ok but far from perfect and it's not wide enough (assuming I installed it correctly) still better then a old beat up oem carpet in my opinion.

Do you have pictures of where it could fit better?
Old 01-15-2018, 08:28 AM   #4
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I've replaced my carpet with Stock Interiors carpet twice now and I am pretty happy with it. You just have to take your time with it and really think about each cut before you do it. I also used some "Automotive Goop" adhesive to hold it in place near the door sills the second time around which really helps a lot. The area by the doors is tricky, but if you are patient and take your time you should get nice results!

Here's a photo mid-process of gluing the carpet in place before trimming. Worked very well for me! And it can still be removed easily if need be since the Automotive Goop holds very strong but can be removed and reapplied.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I had great results as well. When you get it, lay it out and let it sit for a day in a warm place.

Last edited by di-devol; 01-15-2018 at 01:41 PM..
di-devol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #6
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I've replaced my carpet with Stock Interiors carpet twice now and I am pretty happy with it. You just have to take your time with it and really think about each cut before you do it. I also used some "Automotive Goop" adhesive to hold it in place near the door sills the second time around which really helps a lot. The area by the doors is tricky, but if you are patient and take your time you should get nice results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
I had great results as well. When you get it, lay it out and let it sit for a day in a warm place.
Okay. This is good to hear. And did either of you order the mass backing or know what that’s about? And if so, does it make a big difference?
Old 01-15-2018, 01:37 PM   #7
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
Okay. This is good to hear. And did either of you order the mass backing or know what that’s about? And if so, does it make a big difference?
Yea, I did the mass backing.

This is my order:
ORDER DETAILS:
Item: 3131
Quantity: 1
Description: Nissan 240SX '91-'93 Molded Carpet Passenger Area (HICAS model)
Color: -charcoal Plush Cut Pile
Backing: MassBack - 64.00
3131 - 154.95
Price (each): 218.95
Item Total: 218.95

The HICAS model had the little humps in the rear, no biggie(They didnt have non HICAS).

Mine was a coupe.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:40 PM   #8
I<3BEWBZ
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
I<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Glad these look pretty good, my car really needs some carpet this year. Do they roll/fold them up pretty small for shipping?
I<3BEWBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:44 PM   #9
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3BEWBZ View Post
Glad these look pretty good, my car really needs some carpet this year. Do they roll/fold them up pretty small for shipping?
Yea, it was packed quite well(which is why it was helpful to let it sit out). I wanna say it was like 2'x3'? Fit in trunk of coupe.

Just a reminder, it'll come out well if you take the time. It was a huge pain in the ass to get it square, and cut correctly. Remember, measure twice, cut once lol. I used the plastic clips from the old carpet, would be a pain without those. I chose to also split it down the middle from the front to the shifter for easy access(giggity).
Old 01-15-2018, 01:53 PM   #10
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Yea, it was packed quite well(which is why it was helpful to let it sit out). I wanna say it was like 2'x3'? Fit in trunk of coupe.

Just a reminder, it'll come out well if you take the time. It was a huge pain in the ass to get it square, and cut correctly. Remember, measure twice, cut once lol. I used the plastic clips from the old carpet, would be a pain without those. I chose to also split it down the middle from the front to the shifter for easy access(giggity).

Awesome. Looks like this might be the next move for my car. I’m gonna be toying with the idea of removing all the sound deadening and laying my own Dynamat.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:44 PM   #11
I<3BEWBZ
Zilvia Member

I<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

Awesome! I'll be ordering mine soon. Can't wait to have a full interior again.
I<3BEWBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:20 AM   #12
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
The HICAS model had the little humps in the rear, no biggie(They didnt have non HICAS).
I believe those are for the USDM seatbelt mechanisms. So, if you removed those in favor of the traditional JDM/Canadian belts, those will be left. Kind of annoying but not really noticeable with the seats in and whatnot.

Quote:
I threw those clips away and it was definitely a pain. I was young and naive the first time around, haha. And I also slit mine from the firewall to the back of the center console- this helps a ton! Good advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
Awesome. Looks like this might be the next move for my car. I’m gonna be toying with the idea of removing all the sound deadening and laying my own Dynamat.
As someone going through this process currently, do not remove the factory sound deadening. I only did this because, again, I was young and naive. It was coming up in some areas and I went the Honda race car route and removed it all. I would leave all of it in place and install Dynamat on top of it- it's only going to add additional heat and sound protection. Curious to see how much of a difference mine makes when I take the car for a spin in the spring.

Also, I did not go with the mass backing but found the standard option to have a fair amount of padding. I wanted to leave some room for the Dynamat.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #13
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn you lexus for making the altezza carpet factory only at 800+ dollars.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:12 PM   #14
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Is there a difference between single cam and dual cam carpets? What about coupe/vert vs hatch?
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #15
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPs13 View Post
Is there a difference between single cam and dual cam carpets? What about coupe/vert vs hatch?

All 89-93 carpets are the same. This EXCLUDES verts (94).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #16
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Technically, all S-chassis floor pans are the same, s13 s14 and s15. S15 carpet is a nice update for s13's.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #17
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Technically, all S-chassis floor pans are the same, s13 s14 and s15. S15 carpet is a nice update for s13's.
Not to derail this thread, but, really? Any modifications needed to make a 14 one fit in a 13? Im guessing there might be a few small differences, right?
Old 01-16-2018, 09:07 PM   #18
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I can't WAIT to do my interior on the latest project. I love all the options we have with these cars.

Something I noticed though, if you put anything in the passenger seat the car immediately looks like its "full". lol
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:07 AM   #19
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Ordered my carpet from stockinteriors last night, review and pics coming soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2018, 12:18 PM   #20
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Cool cant wait for the update, also looking into interior.
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:37 PM   #21
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
in for updates

FS OEM RB25 PARTS
Smurf_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:06 PM   #22
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Asking for realsies: shouldn't this be in the 'small questions' thread? There have been a few other simple question threads in chat.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:30 PM   #23
humancola
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
humancola is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Completely valid that this might go in the small question thread, but, as a separate post it is easier to find with a search, so there is some value there, meaning hopefully someone will find this thread rather than ask... hahahaha yeah right.

But this company was on my maybe list for a long time and I need new carpet, was nice to see the thread pop up and get attention.

Also, you can totally buy this carpet on Amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/Nissan-Carpet...ETWPAK39M03Y65
humancola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #24
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Update time!

So the carpet arrived today, pretty well packaged in a 1x1x3 box. Upon opening, it was folded in half and rolled to fit, which was good.

Popped it out of the box, and immediately laid it out flat and began popping out the contours and such to mimic the shape the best I could.

Overall, it feels quality and much better than the OEM carpet. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who’s working on their interior. I did not choose to order the mass backing although the carpet did come with a few sections of sound deadening, which was a nice touch.

Here’s some pics before I finished correcting the parts that were flattened from shipping. It’ll be installed this weekend.

Old 02-04-2018, 05:32 AM   #25
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Experience with StockInteriors.com?

So the moment we’ve all been waiting for...

Here’s the finished product:

Overall it looks great. Feels quality, nice and black. No more of that ugly tan carpet.

It took about 14 hours to get the entire job done, including removing all my oem stuff, which took 3 hours. So to get the carpet sized up, trimmed, and installed, took a little over 10 hours.

Take your time, trim it nicely, and it’ll fit great. I definitely recommend it to anyone who needs a carpet upgrade!

Last edited by nisileighty; 02-04-2018 at 06:55 AM..
Old 02-04-2018, 06:57 PM   #26
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Came out Good!
Old 02-05-2018, 07:52 AM   #27
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Looks nice for sure. Are those the aftermarket "OEM Style" floor mats? I can't remember which company was making them. They look pretty nice though!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-05-2018, 07:58 PM   #28
humancola
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
humancola is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Now I just have to decide on a color....
humancola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:41 PM   #29
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Bumping this thread to ask if anyone knows a color on stockinteriors that corresponds with the OEM Nissan light grey color.
potatomonkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:16 AM   #30
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
Bumping this thread to ask if anyone knows a color on stockinteriors that corresponds with the OEM Nissan light grey color.
I believe they will mail you samples if you request them- might be helpful! I thought about doing the same thing this last time around but ultimately I couldn't stay away from black.

CamryOnBronze.com