Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-03-2018, 04:08 PM   #3781
Xaser
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Xaser is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
Love IT!!!
Xaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #3782
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
New engine setup Ive been working on for a while. Greddy Trust mid mount setup using original manifold and td06 20gL2 turbo. Matched with radium top feed fuel rail and evolved injection 850cc injectors with staggered tomei cams. All fab work has been done by Garage Autohero. We are just switching out the Power FC for a Link ecu then it will be tuned up and ready to go!

Old 05-28-2018, 09:57 AM   #3783
tom
Leaky Injector

tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Slowly cleaning up the engine bay.

tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:48 PM   #3784
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Old 05-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #3785
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
There is a pretty big difference in engine height between an RB25 and LS1 in the Schassis...

The LS takes up every micrometer of available height space and barely clears the front strut bar. Doesn't exactly clear the hood either.

Damn, what crappy mount kit was used? All of the other LSXs here have the intake sitting an inch below the pinch seam on the fire wall.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:09 PM   #3786
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
Damn, what crappy mount kit was used? All of the other LSXs here have the intake sitting an inch below the pinch seam on the fire wall.
All the swap parts are Sikky. It can't go any lower because the manifold collectors are already sitting lower than the frame rails.

So I did some research and learned something new. The FAST 102 intake mani sits a little over an inch higher than the stock intake. That's why my LS appears to sit higher than most. What can you do? Still lower than a Holley. At least my hood actually closes.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:32 PM   #3787
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
Love IT!!!
I've never seen this until now!! Sexy looking rb25det!
Old 06-11-2018, 08:36 PM   #3788
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
New engine setup Ive been working on for a while. Greddy Trust mid mount setup using original manifold and td06 20gL2 turbo. Matched with radium top feed fuel rail and evolved injection 850cc injectors with staggered tomei cams. All fab work has been done by Garage Autohero. We are just switching out the Power FC for a Link ecu then it will be tuned up and ready to go!

Curious to see what this makes. I had a similar cam setup and a similar turbo before and it was meh. Just dyno’d the new setup and it’s amazing though. Post up some updates when you get it run in!

Pics of my bay per rules. Super dirty but I made a new intake and swapped turbos since the last time I posted I think. Also, the headlight/cooling covers were just in for test fit. Going to powder them this week.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:36 AM   #3789
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
Looks like you did 2" or 2.5" piping for the downpipe? It was extremely hard to fit a 3" downpipe between the brake booster, firewall, and manifold when I had my greddy mid-mount td06 setup. Although it definitely is possible, just took us a long time to get all the bends right.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:45 AM   #3790
JC831
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
JC831 is making a name for him/her selfJC831 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
S14 sr
Tomei pon cams
Silkroad manifold
Pbm high mount
Koyo rad

Broke a valve last November. Waiting on rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JC831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #3791
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
engine bay is still a cluttered mess but slowly working on things to clean it up. I've had this cooling panel laying around for years & finally decided to put it on the car.

greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:34 AM   #3792
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Looks like she chooches pretty good
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:26 AM   #3793
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
Should soon, I only have a base/cruising tune for now. I need to install my new fuel system this week so I can switch over the e85 for final tuning.
greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:15 AM   #3794
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Finally finished up my bay for the most part. Still need to add a lower heat shield for the brake lines. I can't wait until the stainless headers start to change colors.

ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:33 AM   #3795
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Youre also missing a couple of radiator brackets there. Also, whats with the breather? Running a standalone?
Old 08-18-2018, 09:12 AM   #3796
Razi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
Razi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Looks good!
You should tap the bleeder screw hole and put a fitting on it for your swirl pot. Works a lot better than the port on the side, cause the bubbles tend to rise up
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #3797
nissan180sxer
Zilvia Junkie

nissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Clem View Post
Curious to see what this makes. I had a similar cam setup and a similar turbo before and it was meh. Just dyno’d the new setup and it’s amazing though. Post up some updates when you get it run in!

Pics of my bay per rules. Super dirty but I made a new intake and swapped turbos since the last time I posted I think. Also, the headlight/cooling covers were just in for test fit. Going to powder them this week.
what cooling panels are those?
nissan180sxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #3798
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Youre also missing a couple of radiator brackets there. Also, whats with the breather? Running a standalone?
Yeah the car was apart for almost a year, I misplaced them at some point. I actually just found them last night.
Standalone? No, that just the crank case breather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
Looks good!
You should tap the bleeder screw hole and put a fitting on it for your swirl pot. Works a lot better than the port on the side, cause the bubbles tend to rise up
Yeah I plan on changing some things up this winter, I may add something like that while I'm in there.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #3799
feito
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
Standalone? No, that just the crank case breather.
That's unmeasured air being sucked in if you have the other end of your pcv hooked up. Hence the standalone question.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #3800
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
Yeah I plan on changing some things up this winter, I may add something like that while I'm in there.
I know it's a small detail but you should route your injector wires on the other side of the runners so it's less visible. Makes a big difference.

EDIT: NVM just realized the plugs are angled that way on a KA.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:28 AM   #3801
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:55 PM   #3802
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Not the shiniest, but it is simple and easy to work on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2018, 07:28 PM   #3803
juiced305diesel
Zilvia Junkie

juiced305diesel is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 09-15-2018, 04:20 AM   #3804
kyle1a2
Zilvia Member

kyle1a2 is an unknown quantity at this point
The day I picked it up

How it sits now

Last edited by kyle1a2; 09-15-2018 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: resize
kyle1a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:36 AM   #3805
feito
Nissanaholic!

thanks for putting the proper engine in it.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:36 PM   #3806
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
thanks for putting the proper engine in it.
Lol ^^^^ I would say that’s the normal one right?
Old 09-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #3807
skouki
Leaky Injector

skouki is making a name for him/her selfskouki is making a name for him/her selfskouki is making a name for him/her self
skouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:12 PM   #3808
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Ah heck I cant resist, this is current progress photo (about 1.5 year and 16,000 miles on it so far)

Still alot to do but for now she pretends to be a reliable daily
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:16 PM   #3809
feito
Nissanaholic!

dude, what happened to your grass?...
Old 09-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #3810
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
dude, what happened to your grass?...
Its a special breed called St. Easterbunnysday parade

also I know you like sr20, and fwiw I would prefer sr20 myself.
Problem is 1 sr20 costs as much as 5x of those 5L monsters.
Had to take a step back and rethink how to drive a fast car for basically free these days, feel my pain
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote