Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #31
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #32
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
well to be fair unless you get a ppi done and see a stack of receipts the 20k one might not be a better buy than the 10k one.

gotta work out the #s sometimes, 10k car with 10k in new parts might be a viable path.

and yeah it sucks when the VANOS is going but its one of those things where once its done and over with you dont gotta worry about it for a very long time.

either way good chance youre going to come out on top bc it will def become a collectors item with future appreciation happening.
true my man. also that clown shoe you posted is looking pretty good too. My girl is pushing for something more practical than my miata. A m coupe might just be enough more practical to suffice. choices choices
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #33
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

turbronegro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Truth be told 2002's were not the best. The Datsun 510 kicked its ass up and down the street for years on end. So the first post was sadly misguided. Now if he had said the E30 M3 or E36 M3 he would have been on point.
Whew you fanboys!

Original post was comparing BMW vs BMW. No hint of a Datsun/Nissan anywhere.
turbronegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:07 PM   #34
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
I love pretty much anything e46 e60 and back. Although the new 435m sport has my attention.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #35
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
I love pretty much anything e46 e60 and back. Although the new 435m sport has my attention.
yeah I like e46 and back not a fan of the E60 except m5 w/ the V10

truth be told I would be drooling over new bmws, the F platform looks downright MEAN, but all the electronics and direct injection turns me off

saw a m235i cruising along 80+ the other day on the highway looks so good.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:07 PM   #36
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbronegro View Post
Whew you fanboys!

Original post was comparing BMW vs BMW. No hint of a Datsun/Nissan anywhere.
Wow were does,this bullshit come from. Oh and original statement was a stated commentnot comparing BMW to BMW but a deliberately false statement intended to start an inflamatory debate for the sake of The OP's enjoyment.

Essentially he trolled the thread. Of course, we entertained him for the fun. Now If you can't decipher that then you are lost. I did speak truth and fact. Sorry it offended you maybe you should learn more about car racing history. No. Fanboy shit just pure fact and history.

Oh snap I own a moddedM3 4/5 as well! Kinda shuts your comment down hard.

You should really learn who someone is before calling them a fanboy.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:06 AM   #37
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

Boy you take things too seriously. I know exactly who you are but you don't know who i am. And that doesn't even matter. Nor if I'm serious. Fortunately i know plenty about racing and the history of the 510 and 2002, which i prefer a 510 anyway. I got into cars because of the 510 and Z cars as a young boy, so I'm def a fanboy.

Better calibrate your interweb sarcasm detector. Or not, fanboy!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #38
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Last edited by vanish1; 10-13-2014 at 06:23 PM..
vanish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #39
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I like the E36 line as an inexpensive toy car... but if I'm looking for a daily driver with fun potential, I definitely gotta go with the e92 335i coupe. Looks so gorgeous to me. Stomping do the highway with over 400whp (after a few inexpensive mods) in that thing would put a smile on my face and I'd be glad to finally stop attracting penises like my 240 does.

So I've heard you guys raving that the 128i is the last 'heritage' BMW in terms of handling characteristics... What makes it so? Does it not have electric power steering like the 135i & 335i?

I have seen ppl swapping over e90 M3 bushings and steering racks (and leaving some sensors unplugged) to improve the steering feel on the 335i. What keeps the 135i from attaining the same lauded steering feel that the 128i has?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #40
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
drift freaq pwned you lololololol
Old 10-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #41
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

posting a picture doesnt change anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
So I've heard you guys raving that the 128i is the last 'heritage' BMW in terms of handling characteristics... What makes it so? Does it not have electric power steering like the 135i & 335i?

I have seen ppl swapping over e90 M3 bushings and steering racks (and leaving some sensors unplugged) to improve the steering feel on the 335i. What keeps the 135i from attaining the same lauded steering feel that the 128i has?
128i uses a hydraulic rack.

this is a fun thread.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=468714

gets good around page 3 and on

Last edited by vanish1; 10-13-2014 at 06:17 PM..
vanish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #42
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

Berry berry mad lol
Old 10-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #43
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Can we not bring that, powning garbage, and telling people off into this thread?
Here is mine from this past weekend, fuku burger meet in Vegas.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #44
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Give us some more pics Gabe. looks good
Old 10-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #45
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
How does this thread already need cleaned up?

Old 10-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #46
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
128i uses a hydraulic rack.

this is a fun thread.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=468714

gets good around page 3 and on
Jesus... I got about 12 pages in and that thread just about sucked the life out of me. Blah blah its not an e36 m3 blah blah blah. Don't care. C'mon man... We're 240 guys. We don't accept cars as they are. We change them into what we want them to be... I want to know who has started to address the widely acknowledged shortcomings of the 135i/335i and what have they done to fix them. So we know that the 128i has a hydraulic pump while the 135i is electric. Great. Knowing is half the battle, right? Anyone fucking tried swapping them out? Or seeing if it would work on the 3 series?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:24 PM   #47
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Jesus... I got about 12 pages in and that thread just about sucked the life out of me. Blah blah its not an e36 m3 blah blah blah. Don't care. C'mon man... We're 240 guys. We don't accept cars as they are. We change them into what we want them to be... I want to know who has started to address the widely acknowledged shortcomings of the 135i/335i and what have they done to fix them. So we know that the 128i has a hydraulic pump while the 135i is electric. Great. Knowing is half the battle, right? Anyone fucking tried swapping them out? Or seeing if it would work on the 3 series?

lol. true. other car forums suck.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #48
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^From the outside looking in... Its like the majority of them don't turn wrenches themselves so certain interchangeability or retrofit questions just never even enter their mind or something... It's just 'take-your-mostly-stock-car-to-the-autocross-and-commence-circlejerking'. They just don't seem very knowledgeable to me. I just can't believe that some of the crazy German tuner shops have left comsumer's gripes completely unadressed.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:59 PM   #49
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
This is why I always felt that the older S chassis scene is the most like the old hotrod and muscle car culture from back in the day. We fix our own cars and build them up where the factory maybe didn't do the best job they could have.

Most of these other car scenes just pat themselves on the back for having the proper know how to buy the best car ever(in their opinion) but don't know what to do beyond that. Guys doing heavy mods to turn better track times or get better fitment get talked down to and looked sideways at.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:07 AM   #50
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
This is why I always felt that the older S chassis scene is the most like the old hotrod and muscle car culture from back in the day. We fix our own cars and build them up where the factory maybe didn't do the best job they could have.

Most of these other car scenes just pat themselves on the back for having the proper know how to buy the best car ever(in their opinion) but don't know what to do beyond that. Guys doing heavy mods to turn better track times or get better fitment get talked down to and looked sideways at.
Totally. Our mindset regarding these cars is definitely the same as hot rodders from the 50s and 60s; take a cheap older lightweight chassis and modify it to be faster than the newest expensive car on the streets. Thats why the '32 ford became so popular, it was basically the lightest chassis available. It's different nowadays because hot rods have become so crazy expensive. That mindset has been replaced by the show car/collector car mindset. We are the modern hot rodders. An RB in a s13 is the modern '32 with a 302 Windsor.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:17 AM   #51
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

I'd RB26 a '32 Ford. I'd do it all day and night.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:54 AM   #52
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

haha I would too
Old 10-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #53
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

that link is from the e36 m3 subforum on m3f, e36 m3 is seen as a benchmark car because of its great combo of road feel, usage as a real car in daily life, and racing acumen.

alot of ppl get hopped on em for different reasons, same reasons why car & driver did back when:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...5#post13448095

simmode and kingkilburn I wouldnt be so quick to make judgments like that.

bmw scene is big and multi-faceted; poor folk, rich folk, oem fetish ppl, track peeps, boost monsters, hard parkers, drag strip heads, dd sleepers, its all there.

diff scca classes, lots of track enthusiasts.

bmwcca is a great car club, the monthly magazine they print is worth the price of the membership by itself.

theres all kinds of swaps, retrofits, modding, factory race parts you can order from BMW for your e-peen

for some chassis there are diys on almost everything, most of them published by part outlets (pelican parts, bavauto, etc).

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/
http://www.bimmerworld.com/
http://www.akgmotorsport.com/
http://www.achillesmotorsports.com/
http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/uuc/articles/main.htm
http://www.rebmw.com/
www.ecstuning.com

tons of other tuning sites beyond those

bfc is a great all around bmw forum its got everything
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/forum.php

and then I havent even mentioned the OG in this all the European scene...
Old 10-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #54
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Good info. I'm just perplexed because it seems like some potentially great platforms (on paper) are getting panned because of little issues like EPS, HPFP, DI Carbon buildup & check engine lights. I'm looking for solutions & I'm not finding them. It's like that community just gave up or something. It's been 7 years since the 135/335 dropped, for chist's sake!
Old 10-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #55
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
^^^Good info. I'm just perplexed because it seems like some potentially great platforms (on paper) are getting panned because of little issues like EPS, HPFP, DI Carbon buildup & check engine lights. I'm looking for solutions & I'm not finding them. It's like that community just gave up or something. It's been 7 years since the 135/335 dropped, for chist's sake!
well the tuning aspect is all very interesting and that was what I was perplexed about when I moved from 240s to bmws

I didnt understand why there were no cheap standalones or entry level tuning for them, for example there is no such thing like nistune for bmws, OBDI folks can run megasquirt though.

the conclusion I came to was unlike american and japanese ecus, for some reason bmw has made their ecu's basically impossible to crack/decode.

there is no real open source of info, all the major tuners keep their stuff private forcing users to rely on chips and propriety tunes.

apparently the stock ecu can handle all diff kinds of tunes, it has that robust of a cpu on board but tuners dont want to divulge how and why nor does the basic information exist to allow someone to try tuning their bmw on their own.

its the one part of of the community which drives me up a wall

yea besides w/e tunes from tuners cobb tuning makes a device for the e8x and e9x
Old 10-14-2014, 11:02 PM   #56
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vargas turbo makes a upgraded hpfp for the n54
http://performance.vargasturbo.com/bmw-products/n54/

carbon buildup from DI theres no way around it except pulling the intake mani and walnut blasting the valves.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #57
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
new to the game. recently got a E91. who makes aftermarket for this car? I always get pointed to E90 stuff.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #58
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbronegro View Post
Boy you take things too seriously. I know exactly who you are but you don't know who i am. And that doesn't even matter. Nor if I'm serious. Fortunately i know plenty about racing and the history of the 510 and 2002, which i prefer a 510 anyway. I got into cars because of the 510 and Z cars as a young boy, so I'm def a fanboy.

Better calibrate your interweb sarcasm detector. Or not, fanboy!
Woah woah lol , you know exactly who I am great. It still does not mean you know me as a person. No worries man, fact is ya sarcasm is hard to convey on the Internet. A lol or a J/k or some kind of smiley emoji would have indicated better you were being sarcastic. my second car in high school and first sporty car was a 510 and my next car after was a 240z. Yet I don't call myself a fanboy nor have I ever been. Reason is though I have liked Nissan a lot through the years I have criticized there decisions since the 70's . They have defied logic for a long time. They have routinely built cars I felt were ugly or not anything I would buy. Every so often bringing out cars I can really appreciate.
If I was a fan boy like you are calling yourself I would not own a E36 M3 and looking at buying a second one possibly. That is surely not most Nissan fanboys would do. Perhaps when I owned my 510 I was as I wanted a license plate that read 1EATBMW. lol
Do I have a love for some Nissan's, yes. Am I married to the brand no.
You choose to focus on me calling out the fanboy comment. What I was more. Focusing on is how you misinterpreted the original post starting this thread. At this point it's been coverd. So let's just move along.
I have no hard feelings towards you or your comments I was and am merely responding for clarifications sake.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #59
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
new to the game. recently got a E91. who makes aftermarket for this car? I always get pointed to E90 stuff.
same car

e90 sedan
e91 touring
e92 coupe
e93 vert

realoem.com for part # cross referencing

---------------

pretty neat this guy breaking into the 8s w/ a full bmw setup

#%^!er is moving!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Q-9oDSXAI
Old 10-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #60
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
pretty neat this guy breaking into the 8s w/ a full bmw setup

#%^!er is moving!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Q-9oDSXAI
Crazy! I keep reading that the 328i M52's stock internals should be solid up to around 550hp or so. Nice little step up from KA-Ts, but the M3's S52 seems like a 2JZ rivaling monster. The e36 328i is making me forget the S2000 & it's 600hp capable, forged internal F20/22C. Those cars just aren't coming down in price enough for my tastes, especially in comparison to the 350Z.