Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:36 AM   #31
nismostyle240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nismostyle240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nismostyle240
I have faith in domestics, as you can see the trends are changing for them to be more multipurpose oriented.
nismostyle240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #32
SarcastaBall
Leaky Injector

SarcastaBall is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismostyle240 View Post
I have faith in domestics, as you can see the trends are changing for them to be more multipurpose oriented.
The Camaro 1LE (last gen) was a really good track car. I drove it at Laguna and was very impressed by steering feel, turn in, and communicative chassis. I recently tested the Cadillac ATS-V, and the new Alpha chassis is even better. Domestics are good driver's cars now. Only problem with the Mustang is the weight, but hopefully they change that with the next gen. The new Camaro is smaller/lighter (too bad you still can't see out of it).
SarcastaBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:56 PM   #33
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcastaBall View Post

Where would you put your money, Corbic? If you had, say, $8000 total, is it better to get the car with the better foundation (Cobra) for 6, and spend 2. Or buy a GT for super cheap, and put all the parts on it?
Hmm, honestly I keep getting on fence about selling my 240 and getting another Mustang.

I would start with a $1,500-$2,500 V6. Do front suspension, Swap a F150 Coyote, MS3 and a 8.8" Rear, Shelby T56/TR606.

But, I know I know, no engine swaps.

So...

GT. The Cobra really doesn't appeal to me. Yes, it has IRS, but the IRS is not that great, it will still need all new arms and bushings. Both the Cobra and GT will need all new front end parts.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:01 PM   #34
SarcastaBall
Leaky Injector

SarcastaBall is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks. I appreciate your advice.

If swaps were in my world, I'd be putting an LS in a 240, or maybe a weird BMW S54 project.

I found a SN197 with all the suspension done, for less than a Cobra. I'll be looking for something like that. More affordable entry. Then...Willow skidpad time.

Thanks!
SarcastaBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:42 PM   #35
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
Don't ae86 guys swap schassis rear subframes in?
no, there are actually quite a few 86ers out their with ford rear axles though. stock ae axle can' handle much torque, just like stock ae tranny. people running gze's, beam's, uz's normally have to swap dat stuff. haven't heard of anyone swapping s chassis subs, just modified ford rears, and celica supra rears (because obviously the s chassis uses cv rears while 86's use old school rears or live or whatever they're called)

Ford makes good rear axles from what I hear, I'm no muscle car guy doe.

Corbics all about this though, you can tell his moment has finally arrived and he is savoring every minute of this mustang discussion.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote