Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-16-2017, 08:26 AM   #1
nismo240sxdrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Turbo bleeding

Hey. I just got done installing my new EFR top mount turbo. I'm trying to prime the turbo but am not getting any oil to pump out of my feed. It's a 24" 4an line. I've been dry cranking the engine. How long/ how many tries should it take for oil to start coming through the feed?
nismo240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What engine is it? How long are you cranking for?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:57 AM   #3
nismo240sxdrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
S13 Sr20det. Cranking for 10 second intervals. Not getting any oil out of the feed on dry cranking.
nismo240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #4
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Make sure you have oil in the engine. Add oil to the Turbo manually. Take the feed line, place it in a bottle. Fire the engine up. Then shut it off.
If there is no oil in the bottle. You have work to do.
If you have an oil pressure gauge, what is it reading?

You may have blocked the oil feed somehow or your pump is failing.
It normally takes alot of cranks back to back or a continuous crank to see pressure on the switch or gauge. That's why I suggest a quick start up and shutdown.
G/L.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
wurley
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
wurley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
oil should come out the feed within seconds, do you have oil pressure to the head (ie cam oil squirters)?
Old 04-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #6
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Idk about any of you guys but when swapped turbos on I would crank for a good while and never got oil to come out my feed. You dont build enough load to actually pressurize the oil system to get it out the feed.

I would manual put a bit in, spin the housing before starting up. Thats if you for sure know there is oil coming out of that feed line which you can instant see if you start it for 2 seconds.

Before and after my motor rebuild i've had great oil pressure and my feed is right off the sending unit (ka) im sure there is factory spots on production boost engine.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:01 PM   #7
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^^^
Weird, priming our most recent RB it took a while but we ended up getting a LOT of oil pressure just cranking it