Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-16-2017, 11:31 PM   #1
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
S13 SR20 vac line questions

Ok so i've read through a few threads via search and always seem to find mixed answers never anything concrete so please spare me i been searching for a bit.

I have

- S13 SR20 (stock intake & TB)
- S14 T28 HKS adjustable WG actuator
- HKS SSQV bov
- Prosport boost gauge

So from the info I gathered the left nipple (TB) goes to the FPR, what confuses me is I see some people say NEVER tee off of the FPR to the boost gauge while others say it's fine.

second, the right nipple (TB) goes to the bov only (HKS SSQV in this case).

So if that is true, where exactly does the vac line from the internal WG go?

also I will be running a AEM EMS4 and the map sensor needs a source but im not 100% sure where to get that from, I hear some say never tee off of a source going to the map sensor. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance!
doridoridori is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2017, 11:45 PM   #2
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
You can use the bottom nipple for a boost source for the wg but you'd be better off putting a nipple on the hotpipe for a boost source for the wg. You could T off of the vac line running to the bov for the boost gauge. I wouldn't tee off of the fpr source. As far as the map sensor source I honestly don't know what to tell you. I have the Greddy style IM and it has 3 nipples on the underside. I use one of those for the map sensor source and one for the boost gauge.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:55 PM   #3
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
You can use the bottom nipple for a boost source for the wg but you'd be better off putting a nipple on the hotpipe for a boost source for the wg. You could T off of the vac line running to the bov for the boost gauge. I wouldn't tee off of the fpr source. As far as the map sensor source I honestly don't know what to tell you. I have the Greddy style IM and it has 3 nipples on the underside. I use one of those for the map sensor source and one for the boost gauge.
yea the same nipple that goes to the charcoal canister ? would it work fine on the wg? if so i can uncap it and run a long vac line to it. I hadn't heard anyone using it but if it works then perfect. And greddy style IM?
Old 04-21-2017, 11:09 PM   #4
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
yea the bottom line only sees boost which is fine for the wastegate. And yea I have a Greddy style intake manifold.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:00 PM   #5
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
yea the bottom line only sees boost which is fine for the wastegate.
that's not entirely true. that port is in front of the throttle plate, so it sees vacuum or boost whenever the throttle is open.

as for tapping into certain vacuum lines, i dont think it's a big deal. i had 2 devices on each of the 2 upper ports on the TB.

if you're worried, you can use a vacuum manifold that taps off of the brake booster hose.

the WG signal should see boost only, so take it off a charge pipe. you can tap the compressor outlet or use a quick-tap.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:44 AM   #6
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
that's not entirely true. that port is in front of the throttle plate, so it sees vacuum or boost whenever the throttle is open.

as for tapping into certain vacuum lines, i dont think it's a big deal. i had 2 devices on each of the 2 upper ports on the TB.

if you're worried, you can use a vacuum manifold that taps off of the brake booster hose.

the WG signal should see boost only, so take it off a charge pipe. you can tap the compressor outlet or use a quick-tap.
I definitely appreciate the help from you guys I got it setup properly. Off the small vac port for the FPR I ran a T that also goes to the boost gauge. the one next to it I am using for my MAP sensor only. The one that goes to the charcoal canister I'm running to the bov and I had my buddy tap into the IC pipe for the internal WG and that's it.