Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-10-2017, 03:03 PM   #1
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Is anyone still going to fly with United Airlines?

If you haven't read the story, check it out on Google by typing "United Airlines Man Forcefully Removed."

*out of respect for the man who was assaulted on the plane, I'm not going to post up the video here. It's too brutal, but it's readily available online for your own viewing curiousity."

The CEO of United Airlines already responded with some mindless apologetic jargon that sounded so forced, is anyone else feeling a little outraged?
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
zspeedrft
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (54)
zspeedrft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Only outrage im feeling is about how shitty your parts fit!!!
Old 04-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
real talk tho, I travel regularly for business, and united will have to do some serious house cleaning before i'll send them another dime of my travel budget.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:38 PM   #4
Maxstyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Maxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
AIR NIPPON to japan all day. Kills United. Learned that on my say to Japan.
Maxstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #5
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I post first "nope"

But mods delete my post. Is this not here to voice our opinions? Why take mine anyway then

EDIT

I responded on the my350 forum not here lol
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #6
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
My god if they did that to a family member of mine I would have went ape shit.

I do wonder what the alternative would have been to get him off the plane though. I mean if they just went to the next random person because he didn't want to leave that would not have been fair.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:41 PM   #7
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
Quote:
Originally Posted by zspeedrft View Post

Lmao this made me laugh so hard because its so true.

on the side though, the guy should of listened the FAA doesn't mess around anymore. Absolutely love all the race baiting the comments though.

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:39 PM   #8
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Quote:
I like this !!!!!!
Old 04-10-2017, 10:20 PM   #9
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Brought it on himself.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #10
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
United Airlines - "flight was overbooked, after searching for volunteers [to exit the flight] one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily so law enforcement was asked to come to the gate."

Brought it on himself? Fuck United and their definition of "volunteer".
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:53 PM   #11
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Chicago pd report says he fell. He was flat snatched up out of the chair and dragged off the plane.
Volunteer your seat to an employee or get volunteered by airport cops. Great customer service you got there United.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:20 AM   #12
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I would say some super violent shit but I already know (or atleast hope) that someone will post up identities of those shitheads that decided to treat any human being in such a way.

I'm realllly hoping people will do more than fucking taking videos.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:08 AM   #13
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
United Airlines - "flight was overbooked, after searching for volunteers [to exit the flight] one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily so law enforcement was asked to come to the gate."

Brought it on himself? Fuck United and their definition of "volunteer".
I'm not saying the manner in which they volunteered his ass off the plane was acceptable, but I will admit that the guy should have just listened and left the plane. The tickets you purchase do stipulate that the airline has the right to kick people off the plane at any moment for any reason. I've been on planes where they asked for a few people to leave because they needed more fuel to fly at a higher altitude over some storm cells that were in the area. Not the airline's fault, it's safety protocol and I personally wouldn't fuck with that lol. Thankfully some people volunteered to take a different flight, but that plane would never have left the ground being over the weight capacity.

I guess I'm playing devil's advocate a bit, but how else would they have removed him from the plane if he refused to leave his seat?
Old 04-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #14
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

turbronegro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I'm not saying the manner in which they volunteered his ass off the plane was acceptable, but I will admit that the guy should have just listened and left the plane. The tickets you purchase do stipulate that the airline has the right to kick people off the plane at any moment for any reason. I've been on planes where they asked for a few people to leave because they needed more fuel to fly at a higher altitude over some storm cells that were in the area. Not the airline's fault, it's safety protocol and I personally wouldn't fuck with that lol. Thankfully some people volunteered to take a different flight, but that plane would never have left the ground being over the weight capacity.

I guess I'm playing devil's advocate a bit, but how else would they have removed him from the plane if he refused to leave his seat?
They removed a "few" people to save fuel? Like they removed maybe 600 lbs worth of humans to fly over a storm cell? Or by few do you mean like 20 people? That MTOW can be a bitch to us paying customers. Where were you? Denver?
turbronegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #15
Maxstyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Maxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

So the FIA states that a customer can be accommodated up to $1300. The airline stopped at $800. That means they could have possible offered more in order to get someone more willing. And the "overbooking" is an excuse for not preparing flights for their own staff to get back flights on stand-by. So a paying customer was removed for a stand-by customer. There lies another issue.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:53 AM   #16
spooled240
Post Whore!

^So let's say the airline raised it to $1,300 and the guy still didn't get off and the plane was over the max take off weight. What should they have done then? Someone had to get off the plane. I'm just trying to think what the proper protocol should have been without using force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbronegro View Post
They removed a "few" people to save fuel? Like they removed maybe 600 lbs worth of humans to fly over a storm cell? Or by few do you mean like 20 people? That MTOW can be a bitch to us paying customers. Where were you? Denver?
Few being like 2 people IIRC. I think they were right at the limit. It wasn't just one storm cell, there were several which meant the plane had to fly at a higher altitude the whole flight. And yes, I was in Denver lol maybe the planes take off at a lower weight out there with the altitude? idk
Old 04-11-2017, 11:16 AM   #17
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
They simply sold tickets for seats they could not accommodate. It had nothing to do with safety or fuel or weight. They overbooked.
A normal airline would accommodate the passenger in some way shape or form.
Not him him in the face and drag him down the aisle.
I'm sure if another passenger was offered some compensation to take his place (considering the only reason he refused was because he was a specialty doctor flying to see a patient) in sure none of this would have had to happen.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #18
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

turbronegro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Few being like 2 people IIRC. I think they were right at the limit. It wasn't just one storm cell, there were several which meant the plane had to fly at a higher altitude the whole flight. And yes, I was in Denver lol maybe the planes take off at a lower weight out there with the altitude? idk

Ha altitude, maximum take of weight (MTOW), and weather has a lot to do with it. But, removing two people is silly. I dont know how big your plane was but I guess they had cargo that was more important than paying customers haha.
turbronegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:34 AM   #19
spooled240
Post Whore!

It was one of those smaller 717's. If they did need to get someone off for cargo they sure sold it well lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
They simply sold tickets for seats they could not accommodate. It had nothing to do with safety or fuel or weight. They overbooked.
A normal airline would accommodate the passenger in some way shape or form.
Not him him in the face and drag him down the aisle.
I'm sure if another passenger was offered some compensation to take his place (considering the only reason he refused was because he was a specialty doctor flying to see a patient) in sure none of this would have had to happen.
I know, I was just saying for the sake of argument because this does happen often where they need to kick passengers off the plane for whatever reason.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #20
Maxstyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
^So let's say the airline raised it to $1,300 and the guy still didn't get off and the plane was over the max take off weight. What should they have done then? Someone had to get off the plane. I'm just trying to think what the proper protocol should have been without using force.

This was not a weight thing. This was a necessity to get a crew of 4 united workers to the other airport to catch their flights. No weight would be saved by removing 4 passengers and replacing them with 4 employees unless they were very fit.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:39 AM   #21
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
SSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
SSJ-S15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:39 AM   #22
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ill still fly if its cheaper.. Ill take the risk, if I get told to leave Ill just not throw a fit and make a scene..
JM216S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:52 AM   #23
spooled240
Post Whore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVQcXR2HVhw
Old 04-11-2017, 01:40 PM   #24
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote