Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-18-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
MaxJax Garage Lift

I came across this on my FB feed today, looks pretty awesome.

Any opinions on it or other similar products? For around 2k, this seems like a very good investment.

Any thoughts?

http://www.maxjaxusa.com/buy-purchas...e-package.html
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #2
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you may need a permit for one of these in CA. not 100% sure, but beware.

gotta love CA and all of its lovely rules.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:36 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
that's cool, but you can get a used bendpack full size lift for under $2k, so.......

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #4
Gar9854
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Gar9854 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
it shouldn't sway anyone towards but a MaxJack, but ETS uses them and wrote and pretty decent article on them
Gar9854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:02 PM   #5
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
seems sketchy without the top bar
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:33 AM   #6
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Buddy of mine uses the Dannmar version of that lift that you can buy thru Home Depot. Portable and bolts into the ground when in use. I have ordered mine as well since my garage ceiling height is under 10ft so I couldn't use a 2 post and not long enough for a 4 post. The Dannmar one is well made and all of the reviews say the same.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dannmar-M...MJ-6/204163445
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:57 AM   #7
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
eh. if it doesn't go high enough for me to stand underneath the car, its no better than jack stands to me.
this looks like a deal tho, if its in decent condition
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...303619646.html

Quote:
Old 09-19-2017, 09:30 AM   #8
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar9854 View Post
it shouldn't sway anyone towards but a MaxJack, but ETS uses them and wrote and pretty decent article on them

I cannot find said article, mind pointing me towards the correct link?
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #9
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yeah. . . you can get a NEW 2 post for $1,800. . .
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:25 AM   #10
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
I love that you can do it with limited roof space. Definitely buying one once I'm sorted in the new house. You just get a roller chair and you're good to go.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:05 PM   #11
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

I agree, I would rather buy a 2 post and stand under the car while working on the Kouki. But for those of us with limited height this isnt a bad option. To lift the ceiling to a height that I could install a 2-post would cost a couple thousand so there is no other option for me at the new house. Surely makes working on the car much easier just not as convenient as standing.

Yup get a roller chair and its not that bad...much better than working from the floor especially for those of us that are getting older. DJ if you buy one you can go to home depot with an add that includes a lower price and they will price match it. The home depot by me price matched it and offered to take 10% off on top or include a 3 year warranty. I walked out having paid $1,700 (taxes not included) shipped to my house, 3-year warranty, and 2-years no interest.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:09 PM   #12
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
I literally just finished installing the Danmar MX6 version a week ago. I would highly suggest to get the mx6 as it actually has multiple locks and not just 2 lock positions that you have to place a bar through. Shipped to door price was roughly $2300. I honestly think it's a good option for guys with minimal ceiling height otherwise, as mentioned before, a Bendpak would make more sense. So far it's been used to drop an engine from the bottom of an S2000 and it's been a great asset.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #13
brndck
Premium Member

roller chair is cool, but good luck trying to remove a trans or even a diff, from a seated position

Quote:
Old 09-19-2017, 12:26 PM   #14
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
roller chair is cool, but good luck trying to remove a trans or even a diff, from a seated position
how many times have you removed a motor or trans while sitting down?

those little lifts make my head hurt just looking at it. id need one of these chairs, lol

jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #15
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Great feedback, hopefully one day I'll be able to get one of these.

Need to get a bigger house, two post would make a difference for sure. I never knew they were that affordable, always thought it was some baller shit I could never afford.
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #16
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
I agree, I would rather buy a 2 post and stand under the car while working on the Kouki. But for those of us with limited height this isnt a bad option. To lift the ceiling to a height that I could install a 2-post would cost a couple thousand so there is no other option for me at the new house. Surely makes working on the car much easier just not as convenient as standing.

Yup get a roller chair and its not that bad...much better than working from the floor especially for those of us that are getting older. DJ if you buy one you can go to home depot with an add that includes a lower price and they will price match it. The home depot by me price matched it and offered to take 10% off on top or include a 3 year warranty. I walked out having paid $1,700 (taxes not included) shipped to my house, 3-year warranty, and 2-years no interest.
Dangggg slick deals up in here. Thanks for the pro tip! I move at the end of the month and this is on my list.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:37 PM   #17
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Np broski good luck with the purchase. Keep an eye out for additional HD discounts during holidays to save some cash.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:39 PM   #18
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

How about this one? I like that the pump unit is attached. Being "movable" doesn't really excite me.

http://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/two...xpr-9s-lp.aspx
Old 11-01-2018, 03:13 PM   #19
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bumping this thread. Does anyone have any experience with or can recommend either maxjax or another lift suited for home garage use.

My ceilings are just over 11ft. so I doubt I could fit a full size lift.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:33 PM   #20
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Bumping this thread. Does anyone have any experience with or can recommend either maxjax or another lift suited for home garage use.

My ceilings are just over 11ft. so I doubt I could fit a full size lift.
I literally just started a thread about 1 hour ago for lift options, so this is interesting timing.

A dude I "know" (occasionally talk with him, he lives in my neighborhood), has a MaxJack and likes it a lot I suppose. He has a LS1 TT FD, 681 HP using e85 that he built completely his self - he tunes and all his self, so I guess you can say he puts them through the motions plenty.

That being said, my main gripe with the MaxJack is the price for what it is. You still need a chair (can't stand), and it cost nearly the same as an actual 2 post.

FWIW though, 11 feet+ can easily fit a real 2 post. You have a plethora of options!
Old 11-02-2018, 06:16 AM   #21
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
I literally just started a thread about 1 hour ago for lift options, so this is interesting timing.

That being said, my main gripe with the MaxJack is the price for what it is. You still need a chair (can't stand), and it cost nearly the same as an actual 2 post.

FWIW though, 11 feet+ can easily fit a real 2 post. You have a plethora of options!
Great minds think alike I suppose

The thing I do like about maxjax is the fact that it is semi permanent. It would be going in a generously sized 1.5 car garage so the ability to move one of the posts might come in handy.

I have looked at bendpack GrandPrix series of lifts too. They are a more traditional 2 post and lift higher than the maxjax. but I havent been able to find many reviews from people with first hand experience.

There is also Dannmar MX-6 which is a variation of the regular maxjax. These have auto locks and offer more height positions than the traditional maxjax manual "bar" locks

Just wanted to see if anyone has one and what their experience has been like/
Old 11-02-2018, 06:23 AM   #22
Alpod

Alpod is an unknown quantity at this point
I've looked at these "mini" 2 post lifts before due to my garage. My problem wouldn't just be the height of the ceiling, but it would also require me to re-do my garage door if I wanted to keep it open while working on the car, or accidentally opened it while the car was at full height.
Alpod is offline   Reply With Quote