Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #121
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Old 12-14-2015, 11:38 PM   #122
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Geezus Christ... How did ALL of Zilvia get suckered into another redundant 'Which Coilover' thread in 2015?!
I'm more surprised that zilvia went from "jdm coilover of the month" to local budget coilover made by a company in the sticks...
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:01 AM   #123
boost
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
boost is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i missed it, what was the jdm coilover of the month?
boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:14 PM   #124
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Every few months zilvia would be on the nuts of a diff brand coilover and swear one was better then the other

Jic
Tein
Silk road
Dg5
Stance
Etc. Etc.
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:22 PM   #125
Nick@Fortune-Auto
Zilvia Member

Nick@Fortune-Auto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
I'm more surprised that zilvia went from "jdm coilover of the month" to local budget coilover made by a company in the sticks...
It's quiet out here, that's for sure. But, so far, so good! It's away from the big city but, we DO have an Applebee's not far from here. So, if you ask me, we've made it.

Also, thank you for the complement of "budget" coilover. We strive to offer the best product out there without paying that hotboi tax that has been known to accompany some other coilovers out there. Please feel free to email me with any other questions or to even purchase a set for yourself!

[email protected]

WEBSITE / BLOG / PRODUCTS
BESPOKE SUSPENSION SOLUTIONS
Nick@Fortune-Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:24 AM   #126
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This was an interesting read.
I'm currently looking for coilovers for the S14 and stumbled onto this thread and I have to say that most of the things Nick@FA said are true.

I went with BC's for my other car because their system allowed you to go to two higher or lower spring rates without revalving the system.

Another reason why I think that people don't like certain coilovers is because they get the wrong spring rates for the car. Meaning, 18" rims, 35 ratio tires that are dropped to the ground has to have a 10K and up spring rate so that there is no movement. THAT, will not be a comfortable ride and I have witnessed it in the Integra world. The spring rates offered for that car is just plain wrong....lol

I am not saying that all coilovers are good, there will be bad ones made with low quality, but there are several aspects to judge when considering what is or is not a good coilover and coilover company.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:19 AM   #127
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
anybody going to chime in with feal 441 experience?
i'm up in the air between fa500 and feal 441. my front k sports sound like they're going to disintegrate any day now.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #128
Rays_240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Rays_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
anybody going to chime in with feal 441 experience?
i'm up in the air between fa500 and feal 441. my front k sports sound like they're going to disintegrate any day now.
I have the feals and love them, I had stance previously and they were way to stiff and the dampening felt off. I have no experience with the FA's though.
Rays_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:38 AM   #129
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks Rays

I wonder how feal 441's stack up against FA500's with the swift upgrade. maybe the swift springs are really the difference as far as feeling goes, aside from actual performance of the two coilovers themselves

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #130
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Fortune-Auto View Post
It's quiet out here, that's for sure. But, so far, so good! It's away from the big city but, we DO have an Applebee's not far from here. So, if you ask me, we've made it.

Also, thank you for the complement of "budget" coilover. We strive to offer the best product out there without paying that hotboi tax that has been known to accompany some other coilovers out there. Please feel free to email me with any other questions or to even purchase a set for yourself!

[email protected]
Granted I run a custom Koni setup, but your response is why I suggest your stuff to the bolt on and go guys! Cheers!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:11 PM   #131
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
question for Fortune Auto

I was curious, your website says all of your stuff is assembled stateside. Does that mean the shocks or components are built in the U.S. ?

also do you have any experience working on ohlins ? I have a set of pcv coils i wanted to have modified.

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:23 AM   #132
TomBec
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
TomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Ordered a set of FA 500 with Swift Springs and radial bearings about two weeks ago for one of my S13. Ill post when they get here and when I get them on.
TomBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #133
Osmosis
Leaky Injector

Osmosis is making a name for him/her selfOsmosis is making a name for him/her self
I had

k-sports, tein basics, megan, GAB sport, and they were all garbage.

I ended up getting Buddy Club RSD and they were GOD DAMNED AMAZING. I was totally blown away. On soft it was pure luxury, not bouncy at all, turn em up and WOW, it actually tightened them up, unlike the other 64 million way adjustment nonsense. These are 15 way adjustable and you can feel it on every click.

You can read a bit about them here

http://www.buddyclubuk.com/acatalog/...c_Dampers.html
Osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:36 PM   #134
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
I had

k-sports, tein basics, megan, GAB sport, and they were all garbage.

I ended up getting Buddy Club RSD and they were GOD DAMNED AMAZING. I was totally blown away. On soft it was pure luxury, not bouncy at all, turn em up and WOW, it actually tightened them up, unlike the other 64 million way adjustment nonsense. These are 15 way adjustable and you can feel it on every click.
what chassis/engine set up ? and what range of driving?
Old 01-14-2016, 05:31 PM   #135
Osmosis
Leaky Injector

Osmosis is making a name for him/her selfOsmosis is making a name for him/her self
S13 w/ SR making 388hp 325tq. Lots of lapping days (and the odd drift day) as well as lots of mountain roads.
Osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #136
dmk477

Trader Rating: (1)
dmk477 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any more recent opinions on this topic? I have a set of greedy type s for my s14 that we're given to me, one rear bushing is wrecked and one front shock is leaking. I'm trying to weigh my options/ see if it's possible to repair the current ones.
dmk477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:16 PM   #137
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk477 View Post
Any more recent opinions on this topic? I have a set of greedy type s for my s14 that we're given to me, one rear bushing is wrecked and one front shock is leaking. I'm trying to weigh my options/ see if it's possible to repair the current ones.
Best bet if you're trying to fix your current one, contact the company to see if they sell replacement parts for your coilover or if they can rebuild.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:53 PM   #138
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'll always say GpSports/DG5 G-Master Pros are the best s13 option there is if you have the money.

If not then I recommend Fortune Auto 500's.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:55 PM   #139
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I had broadway static hmu ill get you a deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote