Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #241
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This build isn't my taste by any means, but this dude puts in more work than a large percentage of this forum.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #242
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Kalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
1990 Silvia s13 ☆ R e t r o • B u i l d ☆

Last edited by Kalem_s13; 07-31-2018 at 05:45 PM..
Old 07-01-2018, 10:05 AM   #243
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A piece of shit Nissan constructed with welds an 8 year old child would be embarrassed by, driven on public roads is so catastrophically different from a carbon tub, multi-million dollar Formula One car on a glass smooth circuit that to compare the two illustrates how little you've thought about anything on this.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #244
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Kalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymore

Last edited by Kalem_s13; 07-31-2018 at 05:46 PM..
Old 07-01-2018, 04:10 PM   #245
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalem_s13 View Post
Please post a link to your build
I don't have a build thread. I guess you can have a picture of my car.

Old 07-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #246
ANDY black s13
Zilvia Member

ANDY black s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sure you think it looks nice, over here they have this sort of stigma attached to them
https://gaywheels.com/2011/10/gone-b...e-miss-part-2/
back on topic the builds a good read,
I dig it and the extra pics of were you get ideas from is cool
Old 07-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #247
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Watch him proceed to bash your car because it doesnt look like a turd on wheels and it didn't require any "fab skills" xD
Old 07-01-2018, 05:09 PM   #248
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
I'm sure you think it looks nice, over here they have this sort of stigma attached to them
https://gaywheels.com/2011/10/gone-b...e-miss-part-2/
back on topic the builds a good read,
I dig it and the extra pics of were you get ideas from is cool

I'm sorry you feel so inadequate in your masculinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Watch him proceed to bash your car because it doesnt look like a turd on wheels and it didn't require any "fab skills" xD
I need to cut my frame rails.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #249
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post

I need to cut my frame rails.
everybody knows that's the only way for any jdm machine to perform properly.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:24 PM   #250
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The biggest turn off about this thread is how fucking arrogant you are.

You’d be 1000x more inspirational if you came across more humbly about your work.

Instead I get the Hubeny vibes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
Old 07-01-2018, 05:58 PM   #251
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I can respect the fairly decent attention to detail, but this build just makes zero sense.

Every single car posted that is static at that height just ends up being destroyed. I do realize you're building the custom exhaust and replacing the rails, but that still won't save the actual chassis itself from getting mangled at even the slightest of bumps.

Driving anywhere will damage the underbody and possibly the car/aero itself.

Car is a hazard more than anything to not only yourself, but others on the road or the track.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:58 AM   #252
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Phew it's getting spicy up in here! Hopefully the local roads are buttery smooth.. I've had friends that aren't this low catch air time on unexpected road work.

By bringing up F1 cars you've got to remember in modern times they run a replaceable skid plate that protects the chassis. So with that being said no one seems to be interested in implementing anything similar into these slammed builds. There's no telling if it would actually help though. That could be an idea/solution for your build?
Old 07-02-2018, 10:16 AM   #253
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Last edited by Kalem_s13; 07-31-2018 at 05:47 PM..
Old 07-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #254
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Some skid plate panelling under the car that was maybe bolted to the frame or something that also created a sick side skirt extension / splitter / lip extension look would be kinda sick to consider plus would minimise any component damage. Dimple die for some extra dexterity and you’re set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
Old 07-03-2018, 09:36 AM   #255
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
I recommend checking the clearance between the inner side of your front wheels and your tension rods at full lock.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:25 PM   #256
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Last edited by Kalem_s13; 07-31-2018 at 05:47 PM..
Old 07-12-2018, 09:50 PM   #257
SlmdCpe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendaShogun View Post
The biggest turn off about this thread is how fucking arrogant you are.

You’d be 1000x more inspirational if you came across more humbly about your work.

Instead I get the Hubeny vibes...

Fkn Repost.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:41 AM   #258
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Last edited by Kalem_s13; 07-20-2018 at 07:12 AM..
Old 07-13-2018, 07:49 AM   #259
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
LOLOL.
Any updates? Friends with ya on Facebook, cars looking good so far!
Old 07-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #260
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The real biggest turn off about MY thread is ignorant people advertising their ignorance. Jesus I must be pretty important for you people to care so much about what I’m doing with my car and how I go about my “attitude”.

Thanks for fuelling the fire and bumping my thread tho
You're not important and no one cares what you're doing. You posted your car in a build thread on a popular public forum and expect no one to look at it? Get over yourself.

Cool fab work, car looks good so far but relax

Edit: Funny that you posted Nakamura's car, his car isn't low at all and was destroyed from hours of aggressive driving, not catching air over pebbles.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #261
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPs13 View Post
Edit: Funny that you posted Nakamura's car, his car isn't low at all and was destroyed from hours of aggressive driving, not catching air over pebbles.
Seen Naoki drive like 3 or 4 times now IRL. I can honestly say that his style of driving is not for the weak and is not something you learn your first time out. It is also VERY high.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:54 AM   #262
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
SCRAPE TO FIT.

This is some crazy shit. I go away a while, kids start vaping, scraping floor pans, and eating fking detergent.

But hey, go for it, forget what everyone says. This guy is actually putting in work, using tools, cutting metal, making custom shit.

cooler than a 'bolt on build', which is all we see today.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #263
oldman_KA_T

oldman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Just kidding... they actually drive better than 99.9 of people that are behind the keyboard

to be fair, that car would be ridiculously easy to drift. long wheelbase + zero traction, body roll, suspension travel. basically ice skating. if someone managed to spin that thing out while ass-dragging at 30mph they probably should be thrown in jail.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:38 AM   #264
feito
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
The real biggest turn off about MY thread is ignorant people advertising their ignorance. Jesus I must be pretty important for you people to care so much about what I’m doing with my car and how I go about my “attitude”.
lmfao

"inspiration"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
SCRAPE TO FIT.

This is some crazy shit. I go away a while, kids start vaping, scraping floor pans, and eating fking detergent.

But hey, go for it, forget what everyone says. This guy is actually putting in work, using tools, cutting metal, making custom shit.

cooler than a 'bolt on build', which is all we see today.
240's are being destroyed at a never before seen rate, wanna know why?....
I understand it's his car for him to do whatever he wants with it, hell, just remove the tires and suspension, set it down, have a truck drag you around with a chain and maybe hit some corners until sparks start flying at your face, there, that should put a smirk on your face and save you time...
But please people, don't be encouraging others to destroy their cars the way this kid is destroying his. Lots of welding work can be done without trashing a car: Stitch weld, replace rails, replace rear quarters, delete sunroofs etc etc.
At this point Im even against wide rear fenders...

Last edited by feito; 07-13-2018 at 02:58 PM..
Old 07-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #265
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
while I understand this may be your first time doing hard lines, they look like crap. The one line that touches part of your steering shaft is no beuno either. the lines that go through the grommets crooked or off center are also going to rub through the rubber and cause you problems later on. I recommend you re-do those.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #266
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Last edited by Kalem_s13; 07-20-2018 at 07:11 AM..
Old 07-13-2018, 01:20 PM   #267
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

You didn't say a word about my car when I posted it.

It is almost like....you realize deep down the error in your ways but as a result of your youth, naivete and ignorance you can't stop doubling down.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #268
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Right, because saying that people should have their faces rearranged for not liking your car is any better.

Just take the compliments with the criticism. You knew building your car was going to rub people the wrong way. Live with it, put the naysayers on your block list and move on.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:08 PM   #269
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
I guess I should have added, I don't care what you do to your car. I don't give a shit about 240s, they mean nothing to me. hack it up. all im saying is you should re-do your brake lines so you don't have problems down the line.

I enjoy the detailed oriented approach. I also like that this isn't like every other 240 build thread. I also like really low cars. if you want my build thread, I am more than happy to provide it to you.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:25 AM   #270
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
240's are being destroyed at a never before seen rate, wanna know why?.....
They are just cars. Not even great ones by any means.
Not overly engineered. Not ahead of their time.

I've been into S-chassis for 12 years or so now, but I just don't give a shit if people destroy them. I'd guess you're younger than I, and I guess I felt as you do years ago.

Not hating, just voicing my opinion like the keyboard warrior I am. Eventually this kid will look back and realize this was a silly idea, but will have gained the ability to fabricate in the process....hopefully.