Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
the ban of the hellaflush/stanced modification

it has begun.......

http://jalopnik.com/the-fascists-in-...car-1609831093
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Nobody follows in Canada's footsteps. Good luck, Canada.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Hellaflush is a practice of cosmetic modifications that comes to the detriment of handling and road holding capabilities which consist of:

Lowering the suspension of the vehicle
Installing oversized and offset wheels (offset greater than of the stock wheels)
Installing tires too narrow for the wheels (tire stretching).
These modifications,that affect the geometry of the vehicles suspension, are generally observed by the presence of exaggerated negative camber. This is an overview of the principals of hellaflush and the reason this practice is prohibited.
Yes, they actually used the term "hellaflush." -LOL

Old 07-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Well they already banned RHD cars in Quebec, so this doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibilities. The big ticket grab is going to be "the lowering of your motor vehicle". Even if you're not "stanced", you're still looking at a ticket.

I'm all for getting the unsafe mods, people like to "DIY" on their cars, but where do they stop? Aesthetic modifications? Performance?

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #5
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thats pretty ridiculous. Im surprised someone actually looked into this so far, that they understand the whole stance and hellaflush thing. Sounds like an inside job, a rat.
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #6
HeyGirlHeyyy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
HeyGirlHeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I wonder how pedantic they will be. For instance Volkswagen offers lowering springs for their cars that are made by Eibach. I wonder if they would yield a citation or not, being they are a dealership option and have VW markings.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Never heard of anyone crashing their car because of being lowered or having stretched tires or camber. If anything, those things only make one more attentive to the road.
On the other hand, there are countless videos on YouTube of people crashing stock Mustangs because they are not able to handle the power, or of people losing wheels due to improper maintenance, or whatever other silly causes of accidents.

Granted, there are those who run excessive camber and stretch just for the sake of running excessive camber and stretch to the point where it looks ridiculous, and I am sure those are the types of individuals who ruined it for everyone.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #8
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What kind of cars are coming out of Canada to give it such a bad wrap? The picture used on the link is far from stretched, hellaflush, or even slammed.
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #9
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
this looks completely safe to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhT3C9mHLZ4

So hellaflush style is illegal... does this include Shakotan style? Onicamber? Bippu? is that legal? We need the gov't of Quebec to address Yankii style! and Kyusha? Garuchan style?

Last edited by Bushido; 07-27-2014 at 03:24 PM..
Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:01 PM   #10
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
best thing the Canadians have done.

hellaflush needs to disappear from the car modding world. fucking worst trend ever done.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #11
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post

hellaflush needs to disappear from the car modding world. fucking worst trend ever done.
Nothing in your build thread convinces me that you're correct.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #12
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The issue for me is the fact 0.0000001% of the population is into this type of hobby.

Making a law that bans those mods really tells me the gov is a poorly run institution.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #13
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
The issue for me is the fact 0.0000001% of the population is into this type of hobby.

Making a law that bans those mods really tells me the gov is a poorly run institution.
Indeed, they should focus on more important issues, such as kids skating on the sidewalks.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:51 PM   #14
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Indeed, they should focus on more important issues, such as kids skating on the sidewalks.
and those fucking E-bikes.

Oh what you have a DUI? , No licence? heres a 200 lb scooter you can drive on public roads with a bicycle helmet and no prior training. who needs plates or insurance...
Old 07-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #15
CoupedupRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
CoupedupRB is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
They are probably sorry. Canada is always sorry.
CoupedupRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #16
living4surf
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (52)
living4surf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
canda makes it so hard to not make fun of them. I'm not a "Hellaflush" fan but to actually use the term in a law is just ridiculous and the wording of the whole law leaves it up for to much interpretation
living4surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #17
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Nothing in your build thread convinces me that you're correct.

so then, what IS good about hellaflush?

its fucking retarded
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #18
Bushido
Post Whore!

this is Quebec guys, when you say Canada... it's a lot different from the french part of Canada, Quebec.

The French are pricks. It doesn't matter which side of the Atlantic you're on.

http://www.cjad.com/cjad-news/2014/0...egal-in-quebec

They should outlaw stickerbombing!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #19
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm against hellaflush and everything. I think its ugly as hell and all

...But this is a bit repressive

Then again I'm sure it's hard to drive over all the maple syrup safely in a hellaflush car

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #20
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I see this as being a gateway to ban any lowering of a vehicle there. But then again it's French Canada, which I could care less about. I just hope it doesn't spread to British Columbia.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #21
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
I see this as being a gateway to ban any lowering of a vehicle there. But then again it's French Canada, which I could care less about. I just hope it doesn't spread to British Columbia.
Nah, the further you head out west... The less they care about this stuff. Vancity is safe

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #22
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
I'm against hellaflush and everything. I think its ugly as hell and all
...But this is a bit repressive
wait wait wait.............

you guys need to have a better understanding of world car laws

you want to talk repressive, HAWAII has us beat by a LONG SHOT with the RECON laws they have

other countries may have MOT or other inspections, but I dont know of any that are more strict than hawaii.. you need a permit for ANY car modification you make

and you guys talk about cali...
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #23
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Nah, the further you head out west... The less they care about this stuff. Vancity is safe
True story.

East coast is VI and crackdown central. Ontario is always on the news for stupid import car crackdowns. Not much going on with the west coast, so I guess people are safe here for now driving their shitty nonfunctional "cool" fitment cars.

For now...

And as for the guys making fun of Canada.. Us Canadians just laugh at you guys, most of you have no idea whats going on outside your "bubble" that is called 'murica.
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #24
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
i agree with that but once you hit van something in the air makes them stupid again, almost as bad as quebec. bc is one of the provinces that allows the police to seize a vehicle going 50km (31mph) over the speed limit; police get to be judge and executioner without a day in court with that one. bc also allows the crown to forfeit assets without a conviction.

btw quebec is the florida of canada, but full of hot separatist women.
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #25
Matej
Post Whore!

Old 07-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #26
Bushido
Post Whore!

^LOLOL gold

I'm pretty sure every first world country has inspections and more regulation when it comes to vehicles than North America.

I know that stretched tires and lowered suspension is illegal in Australia.

Japan does shakken or whatever every few years and i hear that it's pretty stringent.

I'm almost certain the Germans have a million rules and regulations in this regard.

As far as North America... Generally, we have what? emissions? I think NY state does a yearly inspection...

Living in Florida...regulations? LOL they don't give a shit about your car's functionality or safety--that's on you. I bet one could register a F1 car here.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:31 AM   #27
deciplesteve

deciplesteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
Living in Florida...regulations? LOL they don't give a shit about your car's functionality or safety--that's on you. I bet one could register a F1 car here.
This is not a lie. I work in the heart of Orlando and good lord do I see some "Rachet spec" sh!t. Some of it I have a hard time believing it gets them to and from whatever they do all day. Melted springs, -89 degrees of camber, 4" tire on 9" rims... I genuinely fear for my life driving near these tards.
deciplesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:44 AM   #28
baube
Leaky Injector

baube is an unknown quantity at this point
all the laws were already here

no stretched tires, no body/frame touching the ground, no tire rubing on fender/body, no excessive camber, no tire poke were allowed before

they just put an article saying what hellaflush is and reminden people that is unsafe ans illegal

nothing new here...
baube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:32 AM   #29
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Never heard of anyone crashing their car because of being lowered or having stretched tires or camber. If anything, those things only make one more attentive to the road.
You don't hear them talking because no one is going to publicly say "hey ! i crashed my car because i was too dumb !" Either that, or they are dead.

doing that ruins handling. You may think it makes you more attentive, but if you need to drive on the verge of losing control to be attentive... well, your problem.

Quote:
On the other hand, there are countless videos on YouTube of people crashing stock Mustangs because they are not able to handle the power, or of people losing wheels due to improper maintenance, or whatever other silly causes of accidents.
Other people being stupid does not allow you to do the same.

Hey, how about making a law forcing mustang drivers and ricers /hellaflushers/stancers/whatever to drive in pair ? Ricer goes first. Mustang goes back. Wait for natural selection to occur and salvage parts.

Quote:
Granted, there are those who run excessive camber and stretch just for the sake of running excessive camber and stretch to the point where it looks ridiculous, and I am sure those are the types of individuals who ruined it for everyone.
Stretch is excessive by nature, and most ultra negative camber cars are that way so that wheels stay in wheel wells. Or because they are so low they cant add more positive camber than -15°.

Neither of these are good.

Long live Quebec !

(TBH you guys are lucky, we mostly can't even change tyre size without being illegal here)
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:38 AM   #30
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
wait wait wait.............

you guys need to have a better understanding of world car laws

i suppose your right

i just get a sour taste in my mouth when new laws are implimented or put on a ballot to be, that are aimed at a certain group.
regardless of location

whatever, hellaflush is the equivalent of sagging your pants in prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?

Last edited by silviasandbeer; 07-28-2014 at 09:44 AM..
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote