Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #1501
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Does anyone know what size lines would be used on the stock SR fuel rail/ fuel filter? -6 AN? Hoping to run braided lines/fittings, but I am not sure which size to order. Thanks in advance!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #1502
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
is it suppose to be like this?
i dont get it, do i pull the fork out a lil?

killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #1503
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Does anyone know what size lines would be used on the stock SR fuel rail/ fuel filter? -6 AN? Hoping to run braided lines/fittings, but I am not sure which size to order. Thanks in advance!
Yes, -6AN. I must warn though. It gets expensive. You can see a pic of my FPR with this hose on my build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
is it suppose to be like this?
i dont get it, do i pull the fork out a lil?

[]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/uchs_09/0512101000-00.jpg[]
The shaft (so to speak) that pushes on the fork is designed to bend a little bit. As long as the fork is clipped to the pivot ball correctly, you have nothing to worry about. Besides, assuming it is firmly against the pivot ball, you couldn't slide it in or out. If you are able to, you'll need to remove the tranny and rest the fork and pins.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #1504
edmorl
Zilvia FREAK!

edmorl is an unknown quantity at this point
s13

on 17/9.5/+15 wheels (battles), what size tires should I run if I have the front fenders rolled but not the rear. and the car is also about 2 inches ?
1993 s13 hatch

thanks
edmorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #1505
killer240
Post Whore!

sweet. i did push the fork for the clip to hold the pivot bearing.

another question

is there 8 relays in the engine bay driver side fuse box? or 7 relays?
its my bad, accidentally deleted all the pics in my digi cam. im relocating my fuse boxes. well not really, just moving it a lil.

i have a 1991 everything manual.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #1506
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver View Post
Yes, -6AN. I must warn though. It gets expensive. You can see a pic of my FPR with this hose on my build thread.
I knew you would know, thanks man! I have them ready to go in the shopping cart... and yes, you're right. I'm hoping to do the valve cover/intake/catch can lines as well, which I believe are -12 AN. I don't have a catch can yet, though. I'll check out your build for more info, thanks!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #1507
RPSil13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
RPSil13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownRPSil13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownRPSil13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
do we have a thread comparing seats?

im interested in the sparco chrono road but wanted to see if anyone else had this seat and how high/low it sits
Old 05-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #1508
blitzsti22
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
blitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blitzsti22
does anybody know what is the best top 3 tires for stretching
Old 05-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #1509
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzsti22 View Post
does anybody know what is the best top 3 tires for stretching

look in here.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/136032-most...thread-38.html

you will find your answer.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #1510
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
sweet. i did push the fork for the clip to hold the pivot bearing.

another question

is there 8 relays in the engine bay driver side fuse box? or 7 relays?
its my bad, accidentally deleted all the pics in my digi cam. im relocating my fuse boxes. well not really, just moving it a lil.

i have a 1991 everything manual.
My driver's side relay box had 7. The 8th is for the "FR FOG" which are for the fog lights. I don't recall how many relays were blue or black though. You'll need to reference the FSM. The box covers says: ACC, N&P/Clutch, AIR CON, FR FOG, HORN, H/L RET DOWN, H/L RET, H/L RET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I knew you would know, thanks man! I have them ready to go in the shopping cart... and yes, you're right. I'm hoping to do the valve cover/intake/catch can lines as well, which I believe are -12 AN. I don't have a catch can yet, though. I'll check out your build for more info, thanks!
-12AN!!?? Are you sure that's the size you want? That's freaking massive. My oil cooler is using -10AN. I think you would want no bigger than -10AN for the 5/8" hose and -6AN for the 5/16" hose. Just make sure you get the right measurements as far as inner diameter. Also make sure you're getting the right fittings and adapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPSil13 View Post
do we have a thread comparing seats?

im interested in the sparco chrono road but wanted to see if anyone else had this seat and how high/low it sits
You should post in the picture request thread. http://zilvia.net/f/chat/169628-pic-...request+thread

My YouTube Channel
Old 05-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #1511
jing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
jing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Pardon my n00bness and lack of terminology but here goes:

I recently bought a pair of 25mm Powered by Max bolt-on spacers so I can space out my front wheels, Work Emotion CR Kai's 17x9 +38. After installing both wheels and spacers however, I am noticing a strange type of "humming" sound, as if something is rubbing against each other presumably the rotor against the spacer?

One thing I did notice when I took my wheel off is that the nuts that hold the spacer on were coming loose so I'm guessing that's what's causing the humming sound maybe?

This leads me to the purpose of this post...

How do I properly torque the spacers? For obvious reasons when the front is in the air and I'm trying to torque it down the hub/rotor spins freely..
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #1512
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

^Have a friend help you by applying the brakes as you tighten the bolts on for the spacers. Make sure to tighten them as you would your wheels. According to the FSM, the lug nuts should be torqued to 98-118Ft-lb.

My YouTube Channel
Old 05-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #1513
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
100ftlbs FTW!!!

or for those of us with out torque wrenches, just step on it.

Ive never had a problem with anything loosening, of course that is assuming you weigh more than 100lbs
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #1514
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Have someone sit in the car and hold down the brake pedal?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #1515
sincity_sil80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sincity_sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorl View Post
on 17/9.5/+15 wheels (battles), what size tires should I run if I have the front fenders rolled but not the rear. and the car is also about 2 inches ?
1993 s13 hatch

thanks
depends on what your going for.. stretched look, performance, dunked status, etc. i would do a 225/35/17.. but thats just me, and that'll look kinda stretched....I THINK.

20 till 3:00 =
sincity_sil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #1516
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
sooooo for lowered people with custom exhaust,

so sometimes when i go over a murder speedbump and all this scraping and junk hads and i alsohear a thud, probally thats my tranny, but either then that after i start driving i hear this scraping sound like if my rotor is grinding against my dust shield. but then after a while it goes away, any ideas?
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #1517
jing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
jing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I thought of that but I was hoping there might be an alternate solution lol. Thx
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:25 AM   #1518
killer240
Post Whore!

Quote:
My driver's side relay box had 7. The 8th is for the "FR FOG" which are for the fog lights. I don't recall how many relays were blue or black though. You'll need to reference the FSM. The box covers says: ACC, N&P/Clutch, AIR CON, FR FOG, HORN, H/L RET DOWN, H/L RET, H/L RET.

sweet. i was trippin bout only having 7 plugs and theres like 8 on the pics i found and on fsm.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:00 AM   #1519
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
TurboSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
can I run 255's or 265's up front without tubs? S13...
Old 05-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #1520
dfitzg

Trader Rating: (0)
dfitzg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can the wiper switch from the 96 SE model work on a 95 base model ?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:51 PM   #1521
240Z28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post
If both hoses feel hot (and it is not from heat soak), that is a good sign the thermostat is opening (which is good). Do they feel evenly hot?

Try bleeding the system: For a DOHC KA, let the car idle and as it warms up, open the bleeder screw on the intake manifold. It is right where the upper rad hose goes into the head. It is just bolt going into the intake. Undo it a few turns. Coolant should come out and and hopefully air bubbles should too. Check your coolant level in the radiator (becareful not to let it explode out on you if it is hot). Add a little if it is low. Turn the heat on high in the car, this will allow the coolant to circulate through the heater core/lines and push any air out. Bleed more air bubbles, add coolant, repeat. You may need to have the heat off for air bubbles to come out the bleeder.

Also, check tension on your water pump pulley belt. Make sure it is tight enough to spin the pump.

Replace the OEM temp probe sensor. Probably a cheap part. The coolant temp sensor is only ~$20 so I couldn't imagine the temp probe being more.

Don't drive it until you can get it to read more accurately or you can verify it is NOT overheating.
thanx man.. bleeding it seem to do the trick.. i'm trying to make this motor last while i put together my KADET!!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:54 PM   #1522
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
What would be a good way to test if my rear window defogger works, in the garage?
I want to repair the wiring, but I am not sure how to go about actually testing it.

Also, does one end of it just go to a ground?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:18 AM   #1523
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

^^ Yes, one end goes to ground. The FSM has about five or six pages in the Electrical System section for trouble shooting. You'll need a multimeter to measure volts and ohms. I'd tell you the page numbers, but I only have the S15 FSM with me right now.

My YouTube Channel
Old 05-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #1524
KA24sleeper
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Will 5zigen FR01RC 17x10 +15 f/b tires 255/45r17 will fit on a s13 chuki hatch? or sould i get 20mm fenders to fit? OR go 17x9 in front with or with out fenders (SPL KTS coils with 2inch drop on ichaba 5 lug, with stock rotars drilled)
Old 05-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #1525
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
^^ Yes, one end goes to ground. The FSM has about five or six pages in the Electrical System section for trouble shooting. You'll need a multimeter to measure volts and ohms. I'd tell you the page numbers, but I only have the S15 FSM with me right now.
Sounds good, thank you.

The reason I ask if one end only goes to a ground is because there is this wire coming out of the ground side. Is it a part of the defroster wiring, and if so, is it necessary?
As you can see mine is ripped off, and I have unsuccessfully tried tracing what it is supposed to go to.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #1526
Matej
Post Whore!

P.S.
Pretty sure the ripped off wire used to have this oval connector on it, if that makes it easier for anyone to identify.
I have looked through the manual, but I did not see it in there. Thank you for any help.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #1527
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

I don't have the oval part. Like your picture shows, this is all on the left side of the hatch.

Note: In the last picture, I'm looking up into the corner.

My YouTube Channel
Old 05-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #1528
Matej
Post Whore!

Hmm, strange, wonder what the wire could be. But as long as the defroster will work without it I guess it does not matter. I will just cap it off.
Thank you for the pictures, I really appreciate it.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #1529
rage
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rage
i believe thats for the antenna
rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #1530
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonomadrifter View Post
I dont think this belongs in the "identify this" thread BUT

Who's car is this?

I spoke to him at VIR last year but I would like to know more about the car.

Any build threads?
lee, i dont think i've ever seen him on zilvia, but better luck trying ma240sx