Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #91
deltacruisin

Trader Rating: (0)
deltacruisin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well seeing that i dont have my car at home with me at the moment, I can't be too specific...

but..

2 10" diamond d3's, quantum audio amp (pushing about 1k watts, since blown)
diamond tweets in the doors run paralel with the door stockers (yeah i know, garbage stockers, prob as old as the car)
sony deck (not too bad, had the ipod hookups and a subwoofer level control at a decent price)

unballanced, but i loved it.
deltacruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2008, 08:48 PM   #92
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Infinity reference up front
infinity kappas in the rear
12" square solo baric sub
old school 500 watt rockford amp
pioneer in dash
Old 03-06-2008, 12:55 PM   #93
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
I envy all you with awesome speaker set ups... I'll be enjoying my shitty Alpines and my entire car vibrating due to every single mount and bushing being solid..

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:25 AM   #94
THEMkris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
THEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
soo like.. does anyone have pics of their subwoofers installed in a s14?? i have no idea where to put it and i dont want just any box that'll move around.. i dont want to mount it.. i dont want it all blingyyyy.. and i dont want it molded.. i just want a simple box that fits in a specific area without it being totally screwed into my car.. i dunno how to explain it.. but yea.. i just have a small 10" i wanna put in too.. just dont know what kind of box and where to put it.. any help???
Old 03-13-2008, 01:30 AM   #95
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
My only speaker is my buddy club spec2! I probably couldn't hear anything over it anyways. I decided to ditch ANY creature comforts of a street car (including heater and A/C) after my head unit got stolen by a stupid ass drunk douchebag that cut the wires going to the power transistor so he couldn't even use it. He then stole my neighbor's car and crashed it into a parked car a few blocks away. REALLY smart thief, I think the cops found him passed out in the driver's seat.

Last edited by racepar1; 07-12-2009 at 01:33 AM..
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:31 AM   #96
s14_mike
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
s14_mike will become famous soon enoughs14_mike will become famous soon enoughs14_mike will become famous soon enoughs14_mike will become famous soon enoughs14_mike will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
mb quart components in the front
mb quart coaxles in the rear
200x4 kicker amp
350x1 kicker amp
10" kicker comp
s14_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:50 AM   #97
MAGILLA
Zilvia Member

MAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enough
Alpine cva1006 head unit
6.5" cove audio components up front
nothing on the rear deck
cheap 10" sub in the trunk
all pushed by a jbl 4 channel
I have more stuff to put in but I have been lazy
Old 03-13-2008, 07:52 AM   #98
khmer1
Zilvia Junkie

khmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymore
car system setup is a mp3 player with head phone that how i roll ahaha weight reduction......
khmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #99
gojira
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
gojira will become famous soon enoughgojira will become famous soon enoughgojira will become famous soon enoughgojira will become famous soon enoughgojira will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm prolly gonna get flamed but... how the heck do u fit a bigger speaker in an s13 door without having to get u custom door panels?
gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #100
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojira View Post
I'm prolly gonna get flamed but... how the heck do u fit a bigger speaker in an s13 door without having to get u custom door panels?
Custom door pods are not the same as custom panels - you keep the panel, just add a 6.5" ring on the outside. There are ebay specials that allow you to do it cheaply, but I did mine correctly (correct angle, spacing, dynamat inside, and vinyl covering).

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #101
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I have twin memphis 15" subs (250 rms)
Pioneer Headunit
Pioneer Speakers
Sony Explod 1200 watt amp, 250 rms (say what you want, i shake windows wit that thing)

Soon/Hopefully to be traded out with
Same Pioneer Head Unit
Twin Kicker L7 15"s (1000 rms each)
Lanzer 4500 watt amp (2000 rms)
Upgraded Pionner mids

and no this is not in a 240, note the name, it will be goin in a 1987 Maxima. Speakers are so powerful if i was to run it on a stock elecetrical system I would be short about 110 amps of power.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #102
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I have the best stereo system in my 240.

Stock S14 speakers, two of which still work. Probably look something like:

Stock tape player. The screen doesn't work at all. Tape adaptor 90's style.

Nokia N82 full of MP3s.

It sounds terrible. Also, probably the most odd-couple mixture of old and new technology.
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #103
hegamiz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
hegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Head Unit: Eclipse CD5000
Front Speakers: Polk Audio MOMO MMC6500 6.5"
Rear Speakers: Polk Audio MOMO MMC650 6.5"
Factory Amps: By-passed
Amp (for speakers): MTX Audio Thunder Elite TE1004
Amp (for sub): MTX Audio Thunder TA3401
Sub: MTX Audio Thunder T5510 10"

Word of advise,
If your gonna run the MOMO's I'd recommend you get at least a 1000W RMS amp to power them.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #104
240nut

240nut is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive got a Kenwood Headunit Infinity 4 channel amp, Infinity Kappa in the front doors and Polk audios in the rear deck. Also have a single 12" Infinity Reference sub in trunk. Set up is ok but i need to fine tune some crap to make it perfect but blahh whatever no time.
240nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:19 PM   #105
xdumbxguyx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
xdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
boston acoustics z6 comps
edesign nine.2x amp
alpine cda 9835
xdumbxguyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:29 AM   #106
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Alpine headunit with IPOD interface (BANGIN)
4x6 Kenwood front speakers
6x9 Pioneer rear speakers
Rockford Fosgate 8' sub with sealed box (I think it's an 8...might be a 10 idk it just looks tiny)
Lightning Audio 4 channel amp for the mids and highs hooked up to all 4 speakers
Kenwood 2 channel amp for the lows on the sub

Total cost for me: ~$250 (I <3 hookups)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:56 PM   #107
mademedoit
Leaky Injector

mademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymore
If you got five dollars and a whole day to fuck off you can create some mounts to put 6/9's in you ride. Also what do you guys think of my efective use of the dc stb ha ha .
mademedoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #108
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i run pioneer front 6 1/2 (custom plates i made) and Pionner 6x9 in the rear in boxes.

i was def thinking of putting 6x9 there.

hmmm, i have some spare time tonight... what material did you use for those rear 6x9? i used acrylic for my fronts..
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #109
mademedoit
Leaky Injector

mademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymoremademedoit is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSexy180 View Post
i run pioneer front 6 1/2 (custom plates i made) and Pionner 6x9 in the rear in boxes.

i was def thinking of putting 6x9 there.

hmmm, i have some spare time tonight... what material did you use for those rear 6x9? i used acrylic for my fronts..
I just went to Lowe's and bought a 3' by 3' sheet of 1/4" mdf. For the fronts I bought the plastic 6 1/2 adaptors they sell on ebay. I was going to put the plastic panels back but since I also put in some manual seatbelts I can't put them back with out hacking them to pieces.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #110
krisdeezy
Zilvia Addict

krisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to krisdeezy
i have stock front speakers pioneer rear speakers, memphis audio 12" sub with a rockford punch amp...and a kenwood head unit !
krisdeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #111
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
+rep for jordans awesome post

i got an alpine cda9886
infinitys in the doors. previous owner never got around to installing them, so he gave em to me when i bought her! they were still sealed in the box lol
none in back.
wanna get 6x9's but dont wanna cut my baby

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:33 PM   #112
mademedoit
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post

i got an alpine cda9886
infinitys in the doors. previous owner never got around to installing them, so he gave em to me when i bought her! they were still sealed in the box lol
none in back.
wanna get 6x9's but dont wanna cut my baby
WHAT... you don't have to cut your car , I was talking about the plastic side panel behind the door panel. I was planing on drilling some holes in it or ataching a speaker grill so the sound can go thrugh, but since the manual seat belts are in the way (see 1st pic) I can't. How about a plus rep for me you fucks I have none! Oh yea my set up is a jvc 830 deck(the one with usb input ) jvc two way 6 1/2's in front, sony 4 way 6x9's, and two 10' kenwood subs with kenwood amp.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #113
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Lol I don't think calling the community "fucks" is a good way to get posi rep. I'll help you out though.

+rep for your creativity in putting those 6x9. I cut the rear deck thing to put my 6x9's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #114
goldee240
Zilvia Member

goldee240 is on the path to ruingoldee240 is on the path to ruin
9886 hu pioneer db front kar toys in the back 2 kicker crv kenwood amp
=]
goldee240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #115
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Thanks Glad to see this thread still lives.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #116
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240

My deck

my subs with lame ass associate removed from pic
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #117
dnbwithweed
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
dnbwithweed is not welcome here anymorednbwithweed is not welcome here anymorednbwithweed is not welcome here anymorednbwithweed is not welcome here anymorednbwithweed is not welcome here anymorednbwithweed is not welcome here anymorednbwithweed is not welcome here anymorednbwithweed is not welcome here anymorednbwithweed is not welcome here anymorednbwithweed is not welcome here anymorednbwithweed is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dnbwithweed
stock speakers
Jbl Gto series 3 way speakers
JL w7 12" sub in a rockfordfosgate ported box
750 kicker zx750 amp
Pioneer mp3/cd/wma head unit
Old 10-28-2008, 01:51 AM   #118
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
I have alpine Type X 5.25 component speakers in the front, and infinity kappa 6x4 in the rear, with an alpine 4 channel amp powering them, as well as an insigna (best buy) amp which powers 1 JL 10w3 sub, in a sealed truck box. I highly recommend you spend the dough and get alpine type X because it is their top line component speaker, and sounds way better than any other speaker, especially the mid range woofer... but buy them online say etronics.com because al and eds will rip you off. but have a pro audio shop install them, oh and get the dynamat in the doors with them, i did.

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #119
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
May as well post what i have.

Head Unit: Clarion DXZ585USB
Speaker setup:
Fronts: Boston Acoustics 6-1/2" 2-way (I don't remember the model #) Infinity tweeters and crossovers
Rears: Pioneer Premier TSA642 6-1/2" 4-Way
Amp: Alpine 4-channel amp (friend gave it to me)

Sub: Kenwood KSC-SW10 self powered subwoofer

I'm upgrade my sub within the next 2 months. Thinking about kickers or something along those lines. Just trying to find some that isn't super heavy.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #120
rice_bowl
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
rice_bowl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
6.5" MB Quarts coaxial up front
6.5" Sony Xplod in the back i think
Alpine HU
Nothing too special. Needs a good amp and sub to go boom-boom.