Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:28 PM   #1
PattonXX7

Trader Rating: (0)
PattonXX7 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 LS1 swap tips/tricks?

**No Trolls please**

Doing an LS1 and T56 swap on my 240 hatch. Just waiting to order the conversion kit now and I’m gonna start putting the motor and trans in. I’m just looking for tips and advice from anyone who has LS swapped their 240 and what will make my life easier for this swap and how to save some money. Thanks!
PattonXX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2018, 04:31 PM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattonXX7 View Post
**No Trolls please**
Heres where you start out wrong....

Before asking any of us, have you done the research? There are plenty of builds to follow both on here and LStech.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #3
PattonXX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Heres where you start out wrong....

Before asking any of us, have you done the research? There are plenty of builds to follow both on here and LStech.
Yes I have. What’s wrong with getting more info for a build? Not everyone has the same experiences. Are you here to actually give advice? If not you’re just wasting our time
Old 07-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #4
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Yes I have. What’s wrong with getting more info for a build? Not everyone has the same experiences. Are you here to actually give advice? If not you’re just wasting our time
If you would have even spent an hour searching you would see I'm running a full swap LS right now. Good luck, since you have done all the research. Don't get mad when you fire off a thread about how you should build your car, especially when you haven't listed anything about parts.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:48 PM   #5
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
In for tips, but in my G35. Thanks
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:15 PM   #6
PattonXX7

Quote:
If you would have even spent an hour searching you would see I'm running a full swap LS right now. Good luck, since you have done all the research. Don't get mad when you fire off a thread about how you should build your car, especially when you haven't listed anything about parts.
You done yet or are you still wanting to waste our time?
Old 07-09-2018, 07:30 PM   #7
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
You done yet or are you still wanting to waste our time?

Lame ass kid wanting all the work done for him. Why not buy a car completed since your ass is too lazy to look shit up. Again..its you wasting time. You still cant answer a question as to what kit, what parts, etc.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:56 PM   #8
PattonXX7

Quote:

Lame ass kid wanting all the work done for him. Why not buy a car completed since your ass is too lazy to look shit up. Again..its you wasting time. You still cant answer a question as to what kit, what parts, etc.
You obviously have no fucking clue what you’re talking about. I’m building the car myself. I have an LS1 out of a 2000 Pontiac WS6, T56 transmission out of an F-Body Camaro, I’m trying to get the SIKKY LS1 conversion kit, action clutch iron man clutch and flywheel, I have lingenfelter heads for it, and a dry sump oil system. No I’m trying to see what radiator/fan set up I should run and what fuel pump to go with. Just little things. I’m gonna run around 450 horse power at first and probably keep it that way for a while.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:01 PM   #9
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
You obviously have no fucking clue what you’re talking about. I’m building the car myself. I have an LS1 out of a 2000 Pontiac WS6, T56 transmission out of an F-Body Camaro, I’m trying to get the SIKKY LS1 conversion kit, action clutch iron man clutch and flywheel, I have lingenfelter heads for it, and a dry sump oil system. No I’m trying to see what radiator/fan set up I should run and what fuel pump to go with. Just little things. I’m gonna run around 450 horse power at first and probably keep it that way for a while.
Holy fuck finally...it was like prying nails from wood. If this was in the original post you would have had better luck.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:05 PM   #10
PattonXX7

Quote:
Holy fuck finally...it was like prying nails from wood. If this was in the original post you would have had better luck.
Welp I’ve been on the forum for 1 day so I don’t really know how this shit works so what dou you expect?
Old 07-09-2018, 08:09 PM   #11
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Welp I’ve been on the forum for 1 day so I don’t really know how this shit works so what dou you expect?
Being new is no excuse man, use the search tool. We are more than willing to help once youve either searched thoroughly or just completely are lost.

Start here
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=105615

There are many, along with myself who have current build threads you can look through for the LS swap and see what works best for your setup.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:14 PM   #12
PattonXX7

Quote:
Being new is no excuse man, use the search tool. We are more than willing to help once youve either searched thoroughly or just completely are lost.

Start here
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=105615

There are many, along with myself who have current build threads you can look through for the LS swap and see what works best for your setup.
Ok cool I’ll check them out
Old 07-10-2018, 08:50 AM   #13
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Unless you're a baller, stay away from Sikky. They are the Kanye West of the LS swap world, they love themselves about as much as Kanye too.

Holley makes LS swap stuff now, check them out, really affordable and fits well.

When it comes to installing the actual engine in the car, make sure the starter is installed and wired before you install the passenger exhaust manifold.

When it comes to the driver side exhaust manifold, go ahead and pull the steering column, the Hooker headers require the steering column to be removed before the driver side exhaust manifold can be installed.

Fuel pump, go ahead and upgrade. Aeromotive Stealth works well and leaves some room for growth.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #14
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
I have lingenfelter heads for it, and a dry sump oil system.
You bought all this BEFORE you found a swap kit and cooling setup? Okie Dokie. Good luck champ.

LSX into an S-Chassis isn't rocket science, frustrating, but not overly complicated. Check youtube for motortrends swap.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #15
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Here is how it works everywhere: don't act like a smartass that demands to be spoon fed. Or expect that kind of answer.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:24 PM   #16
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Unless you're a baller, stay away from Sikky. They are the Kanye West of the LS swap world, they love themselves about as much as Kanye too.
I bought a used, older-edition sikky kit and Sikky still provided non-stop, excellent email communication for every single one of my issues since the beginning at random points. I must have made 30 emails total and every single one, somebody read it and responded and was typically very helpful. Motor sits very reasonable location, all eight plugs change in 30 minutes and I can get to every bellhousing bolt without needing any special tools. That was essential for me.

|And I am NOT a baller. A discounted Jegs cam is worth more than the engine I used. Hell a stock set of 240sx wheels might be worth more than my motor. lol

speaking of which, save some money use a truck engine. Both the 6.0L and L33 apparently supports 1000rwhp in a daily application for significant period. I can't get over that.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:14 PM   #17
PattonXX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post

Holley makes LS swap stuff now, check them out, really affordable and fits well.

When it comes to installing the actual engine in the car, make sure the starter is installed and wired before you install the passenger exhaust manifold.

When it comes to the driver side exhaust manifold, go ahead and pull the steering column, the Hooker headers require the steering column to be removed before the driver side exhaust manifold can be installed.

Fuel pump, go ahead and upgrade. Aeromotive Stealth works well and leaves some room for growth.
Thanks for the info man I appreciate it! I’ll look into Holley
Old 08-24-2018, 09:15 PM   #18
PattonXX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
Here is how it works everywhere: don't act like a smartass that demands to be spoon fed. Or expect that kind of answer.
I’ve never been a part of a forum so stop wasting your time and my time and take your bullshit comments elsewhere
Old 08-24-2018, 09:17 PM   #19
PattonXX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
You bought all this BEFORE you found a swap kit and cooling setup? Okie Dokie. Good luck champ.

LSX into an S-Chassis isn't rocket science, frustrating, but not overly complicated. Check youtube for motortrends swap.
No I did not buy he heads and the dry sump stratum. By buddy tuned his car using them and decided to go a different route so he gave them to me. Ok I’ll check it out
Old 08-24-2018, 10:08 PM   #20
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
c5 is the way to go for this swap