Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
The "I was bored so I bought another vert" build thread.

Ok guys, I've built a few cars, never really followed up with a real build thread. Did one in the premie section for my other vert way back when. But I'm going to try it with this one.

Background on the car:
Bought the car locally and saved it from being a drift car. The guy had started taking some of it apart and lost interested and bought a bike. Its pretty straight, no accidents, clean title, and is a really good base to start with. I bought it because I want a nice daily driver that I can enjoy since I don't drive my black car other than the occasional weekend here and there. I had been looking for another two tone shell to swap all my stuff over to from my rusty one, but after three years of looking I decided to just do this car instead. Here are some pics of when it first came to the shop.

Raggy Interior pic.

So the first order of business is the part that isn't so glorious. The tear down. Started with what was left with the front of the car. I plan to use the silvia front from my two tone so all this had to go.

And more tear down.

Also pulled the interior apart and got the vert doors off the car. I have regular doors for the car as well as mostly new condition interior.

Next up was getting the suspension straightened out so I could fit the wheels and roll the fenders before paint. So I had to install the suspension all around and then fit the front fenders.

Suspension is:

Stance GR+Pro's
Stance RUCA's
Stance Toe Arms
Stance Traction Arms
Stance Sub-Frame Solid Bushings
Suspension Tech Anti-swap bars

Also did an OEM five lug swap. (Just using the white wheels for mock up) But the rear ride height is where I want it.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
So spent some time today before football at the shop getting some things in order. I snapped a few pics of the parts I have collected so far first thing.

Here is the K's aero front bumper, K's aero side skirts, and K's aero coupe valances. Along with my half and half turn signals, bricks, Tomei side markers, and Silvia grill. Everything is obviously dirty as shit. IT all goes to the body shop in a week or so and will get any cracks or imperfections repaired. The car is getting my all time favorite paint color. Its a surprise.

I also have a few other things already collected for the interior of the car.

Gains Door sills. Once again, really dirty, but they are actually in mint condition.

Picked up a DCC for the car with all the sensors for a great deal.

I also have some other parts I've been collecting over the years.

Power Folding mirrors with switch.

Tomei Triangle Strut Brace.

Codyace A/C bracket. This car will have power steering and A/C.

I have a crapload more parts already, as I get pics of them or get them on the car I will post more.

I plan to go back to the shop tomorrow and try to get the rears rolled and pulled to fit the works.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Please dear god sell me the trunk lid w/ OEM spoiler.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Haha this is a build thread not a part out thread!! And I'm keeping the spoiler/trunk set up.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Well, you got nice parts everywhere LOL! I'll be needing those bricks too sir. But yeah, I like the K's bumper a little more than the K's aero bumper. Can't wait till I get my two-tone K's bumper in VA.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Looks like you have your hands full... Jealous of the work shop you have, I NEED more room for working on my car.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Nice parts..
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
This looks promising
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
What the man above me said
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #10
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
did you get those gains door sills from here on the marketplace? if so I wanted those for the longest time but didn't have the cash and no one else wanted em either lol. Prob the only set in the US
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #11
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Yeah I picked them up about a year ago on here. That would be cool if it's the only set state side. I have a few other parts like that to go on this car later.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #12
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Very nice build so far shane! I think I know the color you want to paint it too
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #13
DViper0020
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DViper0020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I agree with jdizzy. Lookin good Shane.

Ya know, if you get bored, feel free to buy me a 240 with an sr or something and ship it back home for me. :P
DViper0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Thanks guys, I tiled my house the last few days, hopefully I'll get the last of the grout done in the morning and I can get back to the shop and put in more work.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #15
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Good shit man, all quality oem parts so far.

Don't you have that Tomei pedal setup? How did you get ahold of that if you don't mind me asking.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Yeah I have it, bought it off Kongo Dave in Chicago. Him and I have both been looking for them for years and years, he found a set, I never did, so when he was ready to sell I already had dibs. Haha
Old 09-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #17
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is there a build thread for your kouki? Only seeing a couple pics of it on here make me curious
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #18
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Nope, not yet at least. I'm collecting and building the motor swap for it. Then I'll make one for it.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #19
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Ok guys, been working a lot to get the cash to have this thing done by Simply Clean 4 on Nov. 10th. I have been working on the car when I have a few spare minutes. I almost have it ready for paint and body work. I hope to get it to them this weekend. Here is some of the progress on the car.

Got everything minus the motor and brake components out of the bay, picking up an engine hoist tomorrow to get the motor out. no more wiring harnesses, or anything else for that matter. Going to make my custom harness while the car is in paint using a shell that I just picked up as a guide.

The rest of the interior I needed out of the car is out.

Got the front fenders rolled where I need them for the wheels (tire size is not correct yet)

Ride heights isn't perfect yet either so don't freak out.

Then I started on the roll and pull on the rears. This was a little tricky because the rears were already rolled but it was a bad job and there was lots of trash and rocks behind the fold of the fender. I had to heat it up and unroll it to clean everything out, but I couldn't do it in a way that would make it wavy, lucky the car going to paint meant I could really heat the metal up a LOT. I didn't get pics of this after I pulled the lip back to where I could get the trash out. So lets just pretend we all know what it involved.

here is the new stance roller.

Driver side turned out great, I'm extremely happy with it.

Pretty confident its even on both sides, I made up a small template to ensure things were even.

Next I needed to get the fiance involved in helping out, she was really involved in the rolling of the fenders with the heat gun but she wanted to tackle something on her own. So I put her to take the last of the trim stuff off, marker lights, trunk seals, and a few other things. She got dirty in the strangest places. haha

Also pulled the tails out and the trunk lock off.

Like I said, off to paint this week/weekend if all goes as planned. I'll have more updates when that happens.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #20
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Seems legit.. Hard park for life.
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #21
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Looks to be coming together nicely. Oh and bewbs ftw!
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #22
PG BOOSTED
Zilvia Junkie

PG BOOSTED is an unknown quantity at this point
NICE dude!!
PG BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #23
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
only 1 reason why i subscribed.... nice build btw, keep motivated and finish it...
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #24
d-man478
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
d-man478 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Good shit so far. I look forward to seeing it at Simply Clean.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin562 View Post
only 1 reason why i subscribed.... nice build btw, keep motivated and finish it...
Same here! lol
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #26
PG BOOSTED
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinggg View Post
Same here! lol
I think everyone will lol
Old 10-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #27
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
i realllyyyyyyyyyy reallllyyyyyyyyyyy like your build thread! KEEP IT UP!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #28
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Ok, the body shop had all kinds of problems and it ended up being weeks before they could get around to my car, and when they finally did they kept having to put out other fires/hurry up customers and leave my car. But it's finally done, a few small issues are being touched up and redone but the car will come back to the shop on Friday. Here are a few pics with my phone.

And one close up of the paint.

As soon as I get it back to its home I'll take more pics.

Last edited by holemilk00; 12-14-2012 at 08:37 PM..
holemilk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #29
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

What happened to the trunk with the wing on it? If you still have it lying around I really would like to slap that beast on the 2tone (after paint of course).
Old 11-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #30
PG BOOSTED
Zilvia Junkie

Nice color