Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:15 AM   #1
laurentj23
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
laurentj23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Itsmillertime is a scam artist

Be wary of this scammer
His nick on zilvia is Itsmillertime and his nick in silviav8forum is 2slow2g.
He don't have his own PayPal account and use his gf PayPal. Her and is maddelyn dozier from Memphis tn.

Last September,I bought a t56 from this guy for 1500 shipped where he posted for sale on silviav8.
Here:
http://www.silviav8forums.com/forum/...pic.php?t=5886

I didn't use the transmission yet since I'm having issue with my engine. Last week, I sent it off to Texas drivetrain performance to get a stage 2 rebuild and he said the transmissio needs to be rebuild and no work has been done to it.

I tried pm this guy but has gotten no response or some type of solution .
So if you're getting parts from him, be aware!

Email from tdp is attached below.

Hey, we have the trans disassembled and assessed. It definitely has not been rebuilt. It needs a handful of gears, and other hard parts.

1st gear, 2nd, 5th & Reverse. & assemblies for 1/2, 3/4 & 5/6 plus a new 5/6 shift fork. Also the 5/6 mainshaft journals are worn where the 5/6 driven gear is. This is somewhat common, and we actually get the mainshaft remachined to tighter specs, so this issue won't ever occur again. It's just a poor design from the factory.
We have all the necessary parts, except for Reverse gear. This gear is on backorder, and is due to arrive any day now, just not sure when. I'm sending an email to the distributor to hopefully get an ETA. We can go ahead and build the trans about 90% of the way, in the meantime. Reverse gear is one of the last parts to go in.

Of course I'll wait to hear back from you before proceeding. It's going to cost right at 1300 for all the additional parts (listed above). I can do the Stg2 build for 950 although it says 1050 on the website. That makes the total come out to 2250 plus shipping. The problem with these gears is the engagement teeth. They are dull and worn, from the syncro rings getting worn. When the trans is ran with worn rings for a long time, it starts to damage all the surrounding parts (gears/slider assemblies). These "hard parts" are never supposed to be worn out, as they only get worn as residual damage from the rings not being replaced. I can send pics so you see what I'm talking about. New gear vs your old ones. It helps to understand.
Send me your cell # and I can text the pics to you. Also, of course, the build pics once we start on that

Thanks
Jason

'Born Ready!',LJ
laurentj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
laurentj23
Zilvia Junkie

'Born Ready!',LJ
Old 05-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #3
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
That's pretty messed up. However, you're at fault for waiting that long to check things out and get things sorted out.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
laurentj23
Zilvia Junkie

Yup. Don't ever buy a used trans unless you drove it and pulled it yourself. Other than that it's like a gamble.

'Born Ready!',LJ
Old 05-11-2015, 06:09 PM   #5
JSimpson
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
JSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I dealt with itsmillertime about 5 years ago. Sold him an intake for an SR. He paid promptly, no problems there. However I got a PM from him saying he had no idea how to make the intake work and that it didn't fit...

The intake was on my car for 8 years, it fit. Someone who has problems fitting something as basic as an intake probably isn't the brightest and I would imagine he didn't have any clue as to what was inside the transmission.
ALSO, the pieces you are showing don't look that bad. I would just run the thing as is. You don't need perfect gears in a road-going street car... You'd be amazed at what gears look like coming out of racecars, all while shifting fine at the end of a race.
JSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:13 PM   #6
laurentj23
Zilvia Junkie

J,

You're missing the point here. Bottom line is seller ad said it's been 'refreshed' . He didn't say he is not sure or buy it at your own risk like I did when I post this trans for sale a while back. Knowing that he is not sure but still stating as being 'refreshed' is an intent to deceived . If I had known to buy it at my own risk, i wouldn't pay more than 700 bucks for it.

This is the FS thread that I made..
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=592998

'Born Ready!',LJ
Old 05-17-2015, 07:18 PM   #7
laurentj23
Zilvia Junkie

Receipt of the build.

'Born Ready!',LJ