Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 06:37 AM   #1
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
2017/18 NBA Thread

offseason underway -

PG13 to OKC to play with Westbrook now
CP3 to Rockets
Steph Curry with 200 mil contract

etc...etc...

xquizitditz
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2017, 07:55 AM   #2
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Steph deserves this for sure.. but once they resign KD for what 35 million, you have 70 mil just this year tied to 2 guys. You got 35 tied to Klay and Dray.

Once that repeat offender tax and they 20mil plus tax come on.. they will feel some pain. You are gonna lose Iggy now, because if you signed him for 10, you really signed him for 30+ because of tax.

You're going to lose Klay. You lost flexibility to sign anyone, and if any of your guys on the bench breakout, you can't afford to pay them to keep them going forward.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 07-01-2017, 08:59 AM   #3
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Steph deserves this for sure.. but once they resign KD for what 35 million, you have 70 mil just this year tied to 2 guys. You got 35 tied to Klay and Dray.

Once that repeat offender tax and they 20mil plus tax come on.. they will feel some pain. You are gonna lose Iggy now, because if you signed him for 10, you really signed him for 30+ because of tax.

You're going to lose Klay. You lost flexibility to sign anyone, and if any of your guys on the bench breakout, you can't afford to pay them to keep them going forward.
The luxury/repeat offender tax is eaten by the value added by contending, it is how the Lakers have paid so handsomely for the years.
Right now, GS HAS that and will be able to milk this for at least three more years in the tax. Everyone will get SLIGHTLY less in exchange for what winning gets them off-court and everyone wins.

And I write too!
Old 07-01-2017, 11:19 AM   #4
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
offseason underway -

PG13 to OKC to play with Westbrook now
CP3 to Rockets
Steph Curry with 200 mil contract

etc...etc...

I see what you did there.

But is this going to get the greed ball rolling?

I saw a relative post on facebook and it was a mad house. Does he deserve that ungodly amount of money? Is he worth it? Can he work it?

I'm interested in making this season my first full participation season. I've never watched all the way through, so I'm saddling up to see what 200M looks like for an entire season.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

Old 07-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
The luxury/repeat offender tax is eaten by the value added by contending, it is how the Lakers have paid so handsomely for the years.
Right now, GS HAS that and will be able to milk this for at least three more years in the tax. Everyone will get SLIGHTLY less in exchange for what winning gets them off-court and everyone wins.
A good front office will make moves and draft well. I'm sure they are not so concerned about losing Iggy, as making sure they actually draft guys they can use. That's how they built this current team. If they can get role players developed again, they should be ok (to my dismay). GS already have Superstars, and can can squeeze 4 rings or so out of the situation.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #6
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No more phil jackson!
Old 07-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #7
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
No more phil jackson!
No more triangle offense...

Old 07-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #8
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Feeling like GS losing Iggy might be a possibility, but it seems like a game of poker right now. I think Iggy wants to come back but not at a huge discount or short term contract and GS is trying to call that bluff. I don't think GS feels like it's in any danger of losing Iggy so they are going to play this game, but you never know. You don't want a player feeling unappreciated and they sign with another team because of that (see Dwayne Wade).

Word is Iggy wants a 3-4 yr contract and GS only wants to commit to 2 yrs. Also, other teams can offer him in the 17-20M/yr range, but GS is probably only willing to give 13-15M/yr. They just signed back Livingston at 3yrs 24M, so Iggy should at least be worth in the 13-15M/yr range. Somewhere both sides will have to compromise. I'm thinking they get it done at 3yrs 42-45M range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:09 AM   #9
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
A good front office will make moves and draft well. I'm sure they are not so concerned about losing Iggy, as making sure they actually draft guys they can use. That's how they built this current team. If they can get role players developed again, they should be ok (to my dismay). GS already have Superstars, and can can squeeze 4 rings or so out of the situation.
I agree. The GS front office has been VERY smart and played their cards well. They will have to pay three 9-figure contracts off this current roster, so they're going to HAVE to end this experiment after two more rings even if the money made off of winning is as real as I said it was.

And I write too!
Old 07-02-2017, 12:44 PM   #10
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
today, just watch the knicks get blown off @ the summer league.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:29 PM   #11
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
While the NBA's free-agency frenzy kicked off Friday night, signaling the start of the Cleveland Cavaliers' mission to return to a championship level, the team's biggest star is remaining hands-off as he watches the action unfold.

LeBron James is not actively recruiting free agents on behalf of the Cavs as the franchise zeros in on its targets, a league source told ESPN on Saturday.
King James doesn't want to do much of anything... He's jumping ship when the contract is up!

Old 07-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #12
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I agree. The GS front office has been VERY smart and played their cards well. They will have to pay three 9-figure contracts off this current roster, so they're going to HAVE to end this experiment after two more rings even if the money made off of winning is as real as I said it was.
Tim Kawakami (longtime local SJ Mercury News reporter) recently spoke on Real GM radio about GS management's strategy. It seems GS is set on their 4 guys and will pay them MAX money and fill out the rest of the roster with value contracts (veteran's minimum to 10M/yr and rookie contracts). No mid tier or stupid contracts (timothy mosgov, joakim noah, evan turner) or contracts based on potential (harrison barnes, chandler parsons, allen crabbe). It will of course be a case by case basis and Igoudala may be the exception, but it seems it will be harder for 15-20M/yr contracts to come by.

Curry is signed for the max 40M/yr and KD to follow at 33-35M/yr. Klay and Draymond probably looking at 30M/yr each too on their extensions in 2-3 yrs so 130-140M on 4 guys and maybe another 35-50M for the rest of the roster + repeater tax. I think GS ownership is willing to spend 250M+/yr on payroll (as ludicrous as spending a quarter billion dollars per year sounds) as this new ownership group seems willing to do that compared to Chris Cohen, the old owner. That's why the Yankees are the Yankees and I don't see this GS ownership group killing a potential dynasty over money like Jerry Reinsdorf and Jerry Krause did with the Bulls.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2017, 06:15 PM   #13
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:

GS reupped their offer to Iggy and signed him so it seems like GS is willing to spend to keep this core together. I was estimating both sides would settle on something in between the 42-45M/3yr range and they actually did 48M/3 yrs (I personally would have offered Iggy something in the 36/3 yrs range, but he would have laughed and signed with the Spurs lol).

Also, media keeps saying Klay might be the one to want his own team in a few years but he recently said he rather be part of a legacy then be "The Guy" so that's reassuring. IMO, Klay has improved since his rookie year but is still too inconsistent and dissapears too much and wouldn't be able to be the guy on his own team.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kl...-the-warriors/

Quote:
Old 07-06-2017, 01:35 AM   #14
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

man, i dont get it. knicks goes after dion waiters again and does not offer holiday (who played well). we lose holiday to bulls and waiters stays w/ heat.

we can't win.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:13 PM   #15
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

wow.

just wow.

71m@4yrs for timmy jr.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #16
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
The Houston Rockets announced Saturday that they signed James Harden to a four-year contract extension that will run through the 2022-23 season.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Brian Windhorst first reported the sides were close to finalizing a deal that would be the biggest in NBA history.

Harden, who signed a four-year, $118 million extension with the Rockets last July, became eligible for the designated player veteran extension by virtue of making the All-NBA team.

According to Wojnarowski, Harden will now earn $228 million guaranteed through the end of his contract.
Those are some BIG numbers!

It's a shame he'll always underdeliver in the playoffs for the length of his contract. But hey, for the regular season he is golden. I might just be surprised though... he may even play defense?!

Old 07-10-2017, 09:38 AM   #17
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
It's a shame he'll always underdeliver in the playoffs for the length of his contract. But hey, for the regular season he is golden. I might just be surprised though... he may even play defense?!
He will not play defense because D'Antoni will not ask him to.
His bigger problem will be the arrival of an actual point guard, which will take away nearly all of what made him so effective.

And I write too!
Old 07-10-2017, 10:45 AM   #18
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
He will not play defense because D'Antoni will not ask him to.
His bigger problem will be the arrival of an actual point guard, which will take away nearly all of what made him so effective.
I totally agree with you on this...

Old 07-10-2017, 11:58 AM   #19
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
Weren't they both (CP3 & Harden) in the top 7 of players with the highest minutes possession per game?
Old 07-10-2017, 01:13 PM   #20
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

It gives Pringles more options,now.
-first or second half cp3 w harden . cp3 on ball orchestrating.
-switching 2 point offense. Adds to Pringles run n gun offense.
-1 or 2 half harden ball orchestrating. Preserve cp3 in long runs.
That disaster harden running point and struggling can now be eliminated. Esp defense team like SA , cp3 can point.
This where melo can come in. With cp3 . he can play Olympic melo style in the shadows and harden can still play hero ball. but,
IMO cavs is a better choice.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #21
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

So 2 Summer League games in, what have we learned?

Old 07-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #22
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
That we will spend a large amount of time overreacting to Lonzo Ball's fuckboy father

And I write too!
Old 07-10-2017, 07:52 PM   #23
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
That everyone is thinking Boston might have done right by trading the #1 pick, passing on Fultz and Ball, and drafting Jayson Tatum?

Quote:

Last edited by FRpilot; 07-10-2017 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: Derped. Rephrased response.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:57 AM   #24
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
Quote:
That it's summer league & the top draft picks are playing people that likely wont make an NBA team?

I take summer league stuff with a grain of salt.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:46 AM   #25
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/...lPp?li=BBnba9I

The Melo/D'Antoni experiment has failed once already when Jeremy Lin needed the ball and Melo pouted.
Now CP3 and Harden -- who will each be dealing with their own issues due to there only being one ball -- would potentially add a THIRD ball dominant player.
And still no one to play fucking defense.
4 seed, first round exit, D'Antoni fired after two seasons of this shit.

And I write too!
Old 07-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #26
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Paul- Harden can work, namely because both are reliable enough catch and shoot players to benefit from the other's PnR prowess. It's worth remembering that Harden had the most efficient season of any SG since the Jordan era his last year with the Thunder, playing in a role where he was off-ball with Westbrook on the floor and operating out of the pick n roll with him off (mostly).

Melo though, basically has one skill set- hold the ball, dominate the ball, shoot the ball. And makes Harden's defensive woes look 1st Team All-Defense worthy.

Not to mention the narrative that's sure to come with three of arguably the biggest playoff loser stars of the last generation all on the same team.

All around not feeling it, especially if they're giving up anything remotely useful (i.e.-Capella, who I'm guessing is one of NYK's main targets here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #27
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Peyton Manning just snatched Kevin Durant's soul...

I want to believe he's in on it but dude has been legitimately bothered by even smaller stuff like being called the slim reaper so I'm not so sure.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:17 AM   #28
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
not a lakers fan but lonzo showed up 35 pts 8 rebounds 11 assist 5 steals......
Old 07-13-2017, 08:27 AM   #29
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
This Summer League has been extremely entertaining.

From some pretty impressive performances by the top picks, to John "The Baptist" Collins doing things like this.

https://streamable.com/1ao9a

Kinda disappointed the Nuggets traded away their pick that became Donovan Mitchell to the Jazz, he seems solid. You'd think they'd learn after they traded away the pick that became Gobert...

Also, the Bulls supposedly used their cash considerations from their Jordan Bell trade (dude had a f**king 5x5) to sign some guy on the White Sox? (Bulls/White Sox owner is the same guy and has stated he cares about the Sox's more). At least the Fire GarPax billboard is going up soon!
Old 07-13-2017, 09:23 AM   #30
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

It's awesome all the Lakers best Summer League moments come against the Summer Sixers. GodZo having a 30-10 game, D'Angelo hitting a game winner at the buzzer and creating the ice in his veins meme last year AND cursing on live TV. Lakers just need to play Sixers every game in Summer League.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
not a lakers fan but lonzo showed up 35 pts 8 rebounds 11 assist 5 steals......
Wearing Nike Kobe's, and not the big baller brand shoes no less...

Closed Thread