Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #61
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow, amazing info everyone. LoL I was thinking about consulting a personal trainer, mostly for diet advice, screw that. This is great.

And I have heard enough to steer clear of test boosters! I have more of a naturalistic mindset when it comes to my supplements. Protein and vitamins for me.

--Does anyone know of a sugar that helps your muscles heal faster? I had some that was supposed to trick your muscles to start healing right after I took it . As opposed to your body trying to heal the next day or later. For whatever reason (placebo or other) the stuff I had worked, I was rarely sore and could rebound much faster. Ribose? Glutamine?
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #62
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
I believe glutamine is what you are looking for, or glutamine peptides. Maybe Suicdn can chime in.
but Im pretty sure you want try and steer clear of normal sugar or sugary foods since they mess with your insulin levels.
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #63
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
No, you're right. I didn't mean baking sugar or corn syrup. The man at the supp store told me it was a "type" of sugar. My stuff was called "DSG" I think. I took maybe 25mg with my creatine, pre-workout. But I cant find it on the interweb.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #64
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
I make you bros look soft.

I think upper abs is actually one of the last places to lose fat.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #65
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Sugars are not bad and you want to understand your insulin production and how to best take advantage of it.

Wishone was right about glutamine.

PWO (POST WORK OUT) is the most important time to rebuild your muscles with sugar. Jay Cutler before he was MR.Olimpia used to down a whole can of coke just before his protein shakes after a work out. THe sugar causes an insulin spike there fore making your body super efficient at digesting what your eating right then. Genetics play a role in peoples natural look. The whole fast metabolism thing goes waaay deeper. Google the term "FEED EFFICIENCY" and you will see that F/E is what makes some people look like scrawny looking aids patients, some look like they live of cookies and ice cream and some guys look like a god damn pro nfl player all while eating the same shit the other guys eat. There are ways to make your body more efficient at metabolising your foods. But that is way to far ahead of what most people in this thread even need to be thinking about.

Rules to success:

Plan 12 week excercise cycles with diet plans
Use 3 week calorie counts before changing them
and be consistent for those 12 weeks
take 3-4 weeks off to give your joints and body a break

keep it simple and consistent and you will look good eventually.

No BS work out PROGRAMS on any DVD which keep you out of the gym work. Period... You may get good results the first time around. But do you really wanna be doing sit ups and side kicks in your living room for the rest of your life by your self or with a loved one.... F NO!!! Thats ass ghey as skinny pants on fat kids. Join a serious gym and get to know people who look good and learn from them.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #66
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

^^^ I need this guy to get me jacked before I go to the gym. I feel like throwing some iron and getting hurt. So I will be looking to get a low fat whey protein, an ester type creatine and a glutamine supplement when I start my new routine. That and a better diet.

And true story, fuck DVD's... I go to my basement or my gym to move weights and really try to push myself when I'm in a routine.

Funny thing, I had a friend that would eat cups of cake icing after workouts. I think he did it for the calories, he was huge.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #67
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
^^^ I need this guy to get me jacked before I go to the gym. I feel like throwing some iron and getting hurt. So I will be looking to get a low fat whey protein, an ester type creatine and a glutamine supplement when I start my new routine. That and a better diet.

And true story, fuck DVD's... I go to my basement or my gym to move weights and really try to push myself when I'm in a routine.

Funny thing, I had a friend that would eat cups of cake icing after workouts. I think he did it for the calories, he was huge.
Creatine is a waste of time noob supp sold to skinny kids who cant curl bigger than 45's. Its a temporary bloat situation. You'll get more return from a high protein diet and lots of rest. Figure 3 50 gram shakes a day alone is gonna get expensive. Clean gains come from higher amounts of testosterone. To get that you need to be more physically active and also find ways to be more aggressive in your lifts. You have to push from with in. Or simply add testosterone...

And nnnnoooo do not buy LEGAL TEST,DBOL, DECA(PILL CRAP) as those are fake ass pro-horomones which dooo more harm than good and also just destroy your liver. You are essentially taking a steroid dosed at 10-15% of the real stuff while giving you all of the short term and long term side effects of the real deal. IE shuts your natty test production just as bad as injecting 500mg a week of the real deal(just without the results and 10x the price of the real deal). One pill of a prohoromone or even a Real ANABOLIC ORAL is equal to an entire bottle of hard liquor.

So just get in there and drive your anger and frustration towards the weights. Take in 1g per lb of body weight of which is your LBM goal and have fun. Meet guys bigger than your self and learn....
Old 12-16-2010, 11:56 PM   #68
MrBrightSide
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
MrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've been thinking about loading and cycling creatine.. never tried it. Would I need to stack it with dextrose? I've been reading mixed reviews, some claiming there will be significant results with dextrose, while others say claim it's a total waste. I would like to gain 10lbs...doesn't matter if it's all water, there will be some mass once the water is gone. Opinions?
MrBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:03 AM   #69
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Dextrose is juat sugar.....
Old 12-17-2010, 01:59 AM   #70
MrBrightSide
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
MrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^^ yeah I know... is it really necessary to intake extra sugar or would grape juice suffice with creatine?
MrBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:06 AM   #71
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
ugh.....creatine monohydrate is stupid. dont waste your time. Its all water weight. As soon as you cycle off of it YOU ARE GOING TO SHRINK. FACT.

If you're gonna bother with it at all (which i still don't think you reeeeally need to), take creatine ethyl ester.

And no, you don't need any extra sugar with it.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:51 AM   #72
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrightSide View Post
^^^ yeah I know... is it really necessary to intake extra sugar or would grape juice suffice with creatine?
Please read up a few posts.... Creatine is worthless noob stuff... Like 16 x 8 sportmaxs on an s13 on megan coils lol
Old 12-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #73
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Well ACTUALLY,creatine works well. Ethyl ester creatine is supposedly better than monohydrate creatine. The ester creatine is said to work much better on a molecular level and is absorbed by your cells better. This is all under debate. The fact is that creratine does show results, for whatever reason. Search! There is plenty of evidence to show the stuff works with no harm to your body.

Now, creatine does puff you up but it does other things as well. It helps your muscles retain more water then usual, thus the looking bigger. What it really does in realaiton to lifting is, assist converting energy instantly to allow you to lift more and not fatigue as quickly. Creatine moves the phosphate needed to convert ADP to ATP.

These guys are on the anti creatine bandwagon are most likely just repeating what the have heard. These guys know what they are talking about, don't get me wrong. But I am tired of people saying it doesn't work but cannot back up why. I dont need creatine but I will be using it again soon, I'll give first hand what I think of it. I have had one routine with it and I loved it and another were I dont think it did much. Two different brands and type of creatine..

-Prove me wrong.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #74
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ugh i've already addressed this....

Yes creatine works. Its part of the energy production process and it aids in muscular concentric motion (i.e. weight lifting, sprinting, etc.) Your body produces it already just in small amounts so adding more to help you in certain types of exercise/training is obviously going to be beneficial. BUT it has to be the right kind. The type of creatine used in this process that is truly beneficial is ethyl ester NOT monohydrate. If what you're trying to build is true solid muscle mass, ethyl ester is the way to go. If you just want to be "big" then do monohyrdate. Yeah, it'll help you, but it will also give you a false sense of accomplishment. The ballooning effect is not true muscle mass. Ethyl ester gives you the extra creatine you "need" in the right places without all the bullshit. So really, why even bother with monohydrate? Ya know? I could go on a ridiculously long kinesiology tangent about this, but i'll save you all the read. lol

I'm not necessarily anti-creatine. I know how it works and its benefits. I have to know. lol I'm just saying its not REQUIRED to get gains in the gym.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #75
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The mental motivation that it works may help people push themselves. Im taking it, and feel Im going to push myself to get the most out of it and myself.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:01 AM   #76
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
another pic today
http://i56.tinypic.com/2uqd40h.jpg
I included dumbbell flys and more push ups. And leg hip raises * I find these alot easier than crunches* just a few days and i can see the differences.. I know that picture probably isnt all that since its just a few days after that last one but still. loving the progress.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #77
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

You I never thought I would say this, but its good to take pictures.
I wish I did from when I started, It would really help to motivate.
Some days it seems as if I haven't accomplished anything. I know I have, but I have no reference.

And Revat, I was more addressing the naysayers. I need to do some more research on creatine. Either way, I am set on trying the ester type this time around.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:25 AM   #78
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Yes it definately does what it says it will do. Its pushes water cells into the muscles therefore giving you quick strength and size. How ever it doea not change your bodies ability to create muscle or redevelop it. It is an expensive and bloaty temporary motivational drug. Which makes me super sleepy lol. Google does creatine make you sleepy.... What kind of motivation is that?
Old 12-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #79
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
PNgo12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Damn I feel like I'm working out all wrong after reading this thread. I lost almost about 40 pounds in the middle of September after going at it for about three and a half months and now I'm just working on getting cut. I only take whey protein but my question is, is it really that beneficial to increase weights EVERY week? I always thought it should be every 2-3 weeks, every week sounds intense. Oh and right now I'm like 5'7-8'' ish 155 pounds ishh and before I was at 198.
PNgo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #80
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

I am going to start at weight that is a little less than my normal and push it every week. It will confuse your body into thinking it MUST pack on muscle. If you don't push yourself your body will simply adapt to what ever wight you are lifting. Upping the weight every 2-3 weeks would be fine, but is not the fastest/intense way to pack on muscles. For some people this works better then others.

It takes motivated individual to do this, and it is not easy.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #81
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNgo12 View Post
Damn I feel like I'm working out all wrong after reading this thread. I lost almost about 40 pounds in the middle of September after going at it for about three and a half months and now I'm just working on getting cut. I only take whey protein but my question is, is it really that beneficial to increase weights EVERY week? I always thought it should be every 2-3 weeks, every week sounds intense. Oh and right now I'm like 5'7-8'' ish 155 pounds ishh and before I was at 198.
Yes changing up weight will help you grow. But changing training styles every 8-12 weeks will have a more advanced effect as will diet. Remember diet is 80% of your results. No matter if your natural or not.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #82
HyperTek
Post Whore!

the weight im lifting now is perhaps the most i can do with getting constant reps, so you guys saying i should switch it up sometimes and perhaps do a little lighter?
Old 12-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #83
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
the weight im lifting now is perhaps the most i can do with getting constant reps, so you guys saying i should switch it up sometimes and perhaps do a little lighter?
Constant reps??? Please define your idea of constant reps. Now let me give you an example of pyramid sets.

1. 60% of max weight for 8-10 for warm up
2. 90% of max for 8-10
3. 100% of max for 4-7 (should need a spot by 4 or its not heavy enough)
4. Same as 3
5. 90%
6. 70%

times this for 3-5 excersice sets for each muscle group.

Pulling muscles on pulling days
Pushing muscles on push days
Legs are a solo day
shoulders and traps are also a solo day as they tax chest and pulling days too much

IE

Sat - Chest / tri's
Sun - Back / bi's

Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Shoulders / traps

Cardio every day your off if your fat. But make sure diet is in check more than getting in your cardio. Trust me its easier to eat 500 calories less a day than it is to go to the freakin gym and run for 3 hours just to burn 500 calories. You pick.... plus its easier on the wallet... LOL... You'll be surprised how many vskf's you can buy by cutting out big macs and fries everyday...
Old 12-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #84
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Oh yea to bulk muscle - eat like your 300 lbs lean and train like your 300 lbs lean.
To cut fat - eat like your a 90lb fashion model and train like your 300lbs lean...

pretty fuckin simple... quit big dealing it guys and get er done...
Old 12-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #85
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
Constant reps??? Please define your idea of constant reps. Now let me give you an example of pyramid sets.

1. 60% of max weight for 8-10 for warm up
2. 90% of max for 8-10
3. 100% of max for 4-7 (should need a spot by 4 or its not heavy enough)
4. Same as 3
5. 90%
6. 70%

times this for 3-5 excersice sets for each muscle group.

Pulling muscles on pulling days
Pushing muscles on push days
Legs are a solo day
shoulders and traps are also a solo day as they tax chest and pulling days too much

IE

Sat - Chest / tri's
Sun - Back / bi's

Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Shoulders / traps

Cardio every day your off if your fat. But make sure diet is in check more than getting in your cardio. Trust me its easier to eat 500 calories less a day than it is to go to the freakin gym and run for 3 hours just to burn 500 calories. You pick.... plus its easier on the wallet... LOL... You'll be surprised how many vskf's you can buy by cutting out big macs and fries everyday...

I haven't even touched fast food since last May. If you run why don't you do a HIIT run? It yields better results and you don't have to run on the treadmill for as long.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:52 AM   #86
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I haven't even touched fast food since last May. If you run why don't you do a HIIT run? It yields better results and you don't have to run on the treadmill for as long.
Lol you replied as if i accused you of mickey dees and that i actually do cardio. Sorry if you took it like that but i did quote someone else. And mcdonalds was just an example. 90% of the people posting in this thread probably couldnt tell the difference between a keto diet and a low carb diet. Just take my advice as advice. I dont target any ones diet or training styles. I just talk about what works and what the pro's I train with teach me. Sorry if I offend anyone...

Also on a personal note cardio is worthless to me for any form of recomposition. My diet is so spot on right now that if you asked me how many calories was in my lunch i could break it down into macros of carbs, protein and fat cals per meal. Hell when i train for a show, pool party or some other event which dictates veins on my lower abs i dont even consider any form of cardio. Training HIT styles when lifting burn way more calories with out being catabolic to your system. HIT cardio is awful for anyone wanting to develop new muscle. Its great for strength training and endurance but awful if you want to look like a real body builder. So like I said... only do cardio if your fat while you are trying to gain muscle. But a low calorie diet will provide you with 100x times better results thant 7 days a week of cardio and 5 days a week of lifting with a so-so clean diet.

Also you can only do one or the other. Cut or bulk... No such thing as a lean bulking program. Just means you didnt gain to your fullest during the said program.

Last edited by SuicidnS13; 12-19-2010 at 09:56 AM..
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #87
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

Oh no I wasn't accusing you of anything. I was just saying cause a lot of people I know always complain about running so I just refer them to HIIT running to burn fat so that they don't have to run for hours on end.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #88
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Oh no I wasn't accusing you of anything. I was just saying cause a lot of people I know always complain about running so I just refer them to HIIT running to burn fat so that they don't have to run for hours on end.
True that.. Interval cardio training is also very effective for training for fat burning. But the term fat burning is only relative to your daily caloric intake. So simply put eat no more than 1500-1800 cals pers day and you will burn fat as it will replace food forenergy.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #89
itwillboost
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
itwillboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Short simple hard gainers need calories, anyone who talks to you about lean mass is talk generic and doesn't know what they are saying. I go to school for this and I have trained with professional bb, both drug free and IFBB ones. One of them used to eat a 2 pints of hagendoz ice cream or 10 cheeseburgers every night right before bed. Every person's body is different but I take in approximately 1,400 calories a day from peanut butter.
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #90
HyperTek
Post Whore!

my own personal goal is to perhaps cut and lean out til abs appear, than start bulking up/more calories from there, does that sound realistic?