Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
r/c cars, grip and drift.

anyone drift or race r/c cars?
any interest in ready to run combos?
my friend has a r/c store and I mentioned some interest in r/c drifting from people on this forum. He mentioned that he could put together a ready to run set for people if there was interest. But, the better the parts, the more expensive they would run.

I myself race grip and have a set of drift tires that I occasionally run when I feel like drifting.

Its not a cheap hobby, but its tonnes of fun!! I am addicted and my s14 has not gotten any love(or $$$) recently.
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I race monthly.

I have a cyclone S that has an exotek chassis that I run in 17.5 spec.

I have a cyclone TC that i am buildling up as a drift car

and I have an Associated sc10 that i run mod class in.

yes very expensive but at the same time very fun
ZenkiKid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
I have a car that I run 1-2 times a month.
Used to drift a Hot Bodies Cyclone S.

Retired that and currently race and drift my Tamiya TA-05 v.2.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:26 AM   #4
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
i used to

should get back into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/

Last edited by JayDee M Rolly; 10-26-2010 at 03:06 AM..
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:31 AM   #5
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
i used to also

r32.4 HOLLA
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:12 AM   #6
just a guy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
just a guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thats a beautiful car ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i used to but now i got into golf...so now my money is going to new clubs....but i do have a rc for sale is anyone wants one....
just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:13 AM   #7
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

^wow thats hot! those wheels and those fenders!! ssr type c?
what bodies did you combine(brand)? those headlights!! omg
that wing though... lol
are those extreme dimension fenders?? lol
trim those smoke stacks too! take pics on the road please,, that thing looks real almost.

Arcticdragon192: I spy another car on the left of your pic tamiya trf shocks... only racers write on the inside of the wheels...

ZekiKid: how do you like the sc10? I am thinking about going sc, but can decide kyosho ultima or associated sc10, I want to run stock class or 17.5

Yeah I race with 17.5 speed passion cirtix stock club race unboosted on tamiya trf416x
Old 10-26-2010, 03:47 AM   #8
90hatchie

90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
i dont have it anymore
but i was doing the bee*r r32.4 before they painted it yellow
(diddnt finish fenders)
the bodys were both tamiyas
spent 70 making the body
sold for 300 for just body
Old 10-26-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
i noticed drift cars are mostly electric.. i wanna see some gas powered drift cars.. I have a traxxas jato 3.3 its very fast but not capable of drifting because its rwd and has too much power for only 2 wheels... needs some power to the front wheels and it would be a much more enjoyable car.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
lol...got one for christmas....drifted it 4 times....broke tie rod. cars sat for almost a year now. lol
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I had the black one of these back in the day. And it was fucking bad ass. Fact.

I had the Heads-Up one too.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #12
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post

ZekiKid: how do you like the sc10? I am thinking about going sc, but can decide kyosho ultima or associated sc10, I want to run stock class or 17.5

Yeah I race with 17.5 speed passion cirtix stock club race unboosted on tamiya trf416x
sc10 is a sick ass car.. I used to run with a slash but slashes are garbage for serious racing. SC10s kinda suck out of the box but once they get dialed in they are amazing SCs. I highly recommend one, you might as well get the FT one since that recently came out. Stay away from blitz's. They are virtual ripoffs of SC10s but have a shitty drivetrain layout that will lead to premature wear

Yup I run the cirtix system too...its fast as fuck considering its unboosted/fixed timing. You should join SOCAL-RC.COM we run races monthly
ZenkiKid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #13
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

I had the Heads-Up one too.

dude i had one of those too!! i thought it was soo cool because my dad had a hardbody too. My big bro went to the hobby store and bought some Nissan decal set that we put on there, it looked pretty dope taking off the original decals and putting Nissan on the side etc. Those Tycos where pretty dope, i think i also had the head turning buggy too.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #14
klits562
Zilvia Member

klits562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90hatchie View Post
i used to also

r32.4 HOLLA
woa dude for a second i swear i thought that was a real r34. I saw the wood floor and was like how the hell did you get that in your house?!?!?!
lmao very bad ass though.

messed around with my friends and its fun as hell but his trans went out so he hasnt touched it in a few months and he only bought it maybe 4 ago lol
klits562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #15
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about

Haven't gotten to use it in about a year or so as it's still in CA. It's a good time waster for sure, and a blast at meets and whatnot.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #16
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68

sigh...how i miss this thing...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:08 AM   #17
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Quote:
Arcticdragon192: I spy another car on the left of your pic tamiya trf shocks... only racers write on the inside of the wheels...
Yeah, another TA05 v.2 with a few more mods than my own. Belongs to my buddy, an editor over at XRC magazine. We race together at SpeedTech RC every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. You should come out. It is very grass roots and lax. Great atmosphere. It's where I started racing.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:36 AM   #18
RyanS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
RyanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
My dad has so many of these things. He probably has like 12 of them. Multiple for every other kind of racing. He has like 3 for oval racing, 3 for rock crawling, 3 for touring car racing, and other ones I'm forgetting.

I had one a couple years ago but I never really got that into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
We race together at SpeedTech RC every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. You should come out. It is very grass roots and lax. Great atmosphere. It's where I started racing.
My dad goes out there too. Maybe you've met him. His names Bob.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #19
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

chato de shamrock is an unknown quantity at this point
I do it from time to time but since the hobby's slowed down I've gotten lazy to attend any of the get togethers the folks from a local RC drift site create. Before I crashed them into every corner. Sorry about the second picture. If anyone can help make it smaller so that it doesnt take too much space, i'd appreciate it.

chato de shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #20
hulkster_s13
Zilvia Member

hulkster_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
My s13.4 that I made a couple years ago.
hulkster_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #21
pahaf
Zilvia Member

pahaf is an unknown quantity at this point
^
that looks sick
pahaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #22
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
here's mine... i painted this before my 1:1 car was. not too much drift action in central pa. wish i could fly to california or hawaii, seem to be the hotspots!!!

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 10-28-2010 at 07:45 PM..
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #23
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Dude, I think I had that black one.

Didn't it have a fast and slow switch on the rear diff area?

Thing was fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

Old 10-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #24
hulkster_s13
Zilvia Member

hulkster_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
post those rc drifters man
hulkster_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:10 AM   #25
90hatchie

gonna assrape this thread with pics

thats it for now
Old 10-30-2010, 02:57 AM   #26
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
Yeah, another TA05 v.2 with a few more mods than my own. Belongs to my buddy, an editor over at XRC magazine. We race together at SpeedTech RC every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. You should come out. It is very grass roots and lax. Great atmosphere. It's where I started racing.
Lol... I was looking at your car in your sig... then I was thinking... who is that? Then I remembered you were rolling on volks ce's. Are you the guy with that axio corolla? I am the dude that rear ended you on the straight in the Amain!! LOL YOU KILLED MY MOTOR!! I only had 8 packs or so on it!(got it used though). Never ran the same after that incident... Your real car is haard man. Made me want to sell my s14 for a second... nicest three'z ive ever seen EVAR!
Old 10-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #27
Wongger
Zilvia Member

Wongger is an unknown quantity at this point
Where do you guys buy these? Looks cool wouldnt mind picking one up.
Wongger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #28
90hatchie

any local hobby shop will have them
theirs all different brands
my competition setup alone with spare parts hop ups electronics and such was around 1200 bucks
Old 10-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #29
Wongger
Zilvia Member

Wongger is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol, Im not looking for a competition set up. Just something to fool around with in the street.
Any recommendations? (want electric)

Are the ones from Nitrorcx.com any good?
Wongger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #30
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Quote:
Lol... I was looking at your car in your sig... then I was thinking... who is that? Then I remembered you were rolling on volks ce's. Are you the guy with that axio corolla? I am the dude that rear ended you on the straight in the Amain!! LOL YOU KILLED MY MOTOR!! I only had 8 packs or so on it!(got it used though). Never ran the same after that incident... Your real car is haard man. Made me want to sell my s14 for a second... nicest three'z ive ever seen EVAR!
Haha indeed that is me. I still can't figure out a way to keep the rear planted off throttle.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.