Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-30-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
wat can i use to bring out the polish on...

...the lip of my new wheels?. one of them was resurfaced and lost the shine the others have

see the lip?

i want it like this
Old 06-30-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Chrome polish no?

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:03 PM   #3
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
will that bring it back? i thought that was to polish stuff that was already chrome
Old 06-30-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Polishing compound + buff ball worked for me
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #5
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

im sorry if it sounds dumb but do u mean like car polishing compound?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #6
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Use a metal polish that comes in a BLUE container...

Its in a little jar, and has been great for stuff that is similar or worse than that. I think it's a mothers product, but not sure..

Just go to a large auto parts store and ask for metal polish.. It will be near that stuff.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:18 AM   #7
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Yeah usually you can find that stuff at autozone and stuff.

Just use it with like a really soft material rag and wax on wax off.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:23 AM   #8
Infamax
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Infamax will become famous soon enoughInfamax will become famous soon enoughInfamax will become famous soon enoughInfamax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You can buy a metal polish like mothers and polish it by hand. You really dont need a buffer/polishing ball, but it makes the job 100x easier. If you spend about 20 minutes polishing it by hand, you should get a nice finish.

I use mothers metal polish, you can find it anywhere, wal-mart or autozone. Pretty much any metal polish will work. Here's a pic of what the mothers polish looks like.
Infamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:55 AM   #9
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The back of the Mothers says, "not for chrome".
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:11 AM   #10
O3DigitalBath
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
O3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to O3DigitalBath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamax View Post
+1

and to the above poster....ok? its not a chrome lip so who cares what is says on the back about chrome.

I've redone the lip on 4 sets of ssr mesh before and everytime I used a wheel on it with some compound (like tripoli) and then when I was done getting the perfections out I used the mothers metal polish like in the pic.
O3DigitalBath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:22 AM   #11
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Another option is this:

You can get it at Auto Zone/Advance, or order direct from Eagle 1:
http://www.eagleone.com/pages/produc...=1006&cat=5006

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:09 AM   #12
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by O3DigitalBath View Post
+1

and to the above poster....ok? its not a chrome lip so who cares what is says on the back about chrome.

I've redone the lip on 4 sets of ssr mesh before and everytime I used a wheel on it with some compound (like tripoli) and then when I was done getting the perfections out I used the mothers metal polish like in the pic.
You can polish a dull carbon fiber hood with peanut butter, wash a car with dish detergent, remove rust with Coca-Cola, lube axles with cooking oil, etc.. but that doesn't mean it's the smartest thing to do.

If the back of Mothers says, "not for chrome", and the original poster hasn't purchased anything yet, why not steer him in the best direction?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:20 AM   #13
TravisSW
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
TravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TravisSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinhed View Post
You can polish a dull carbon fiber hood with peanut butter, wash a car with dish detergent, remove rust with Coca-Cola, lube axles with cooking oil, etc.. but that doesn't mean it's the smartest thing to do.

If the back of Mothers says, "not for chrome", and the original poster hasn't purchased anything yet, why not steer him in the best direction?

*steals some peanut butter and puts it on his chetty cf hood* haha. i dont care about it anymore. :P was like 100 dollars (used of course)
Old 07-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #14
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I'm pretty sure chrome != polished lip.

I usually use mother's to bring out the shine, then "Blue Stuff" (that's what it's called) to seal it.
The blue polish has a sort of silicone sealant in it that repels water, which helps keep ur wheels clean.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #15
1Via!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1Via!
That is not chrome.

There is no chrome on those meshies.

Do not use a chrome specific polish on it.

Do not pass go.

I use Mothers mag and aluminum polish on my lips and its works very well. It probably wont get it to quite the level of the refinished lip (depending on exactly what your "refinish" was), but it will help considerably.
1Via! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:32 PM   #16
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
you guys are idiots, just because its shiny doesnt mean its chrome. those lips arent chrome, so who cares if that polish isnt for chrome.

+1 for mothers metal polish, it really is the best. ive used other brands metal polish but none compare to mothers. just wish their paint care products were better.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #17
slocalsvt

slocalsvt is an unknown quantity at this point
chrome and polished aluminum are two different things
slocalsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #18
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
that is a polished lip, if it were chrome, the entire finish would have come off during the refinishing process. Use the eagle one or mothers or meguiars. whatever your polish of choice is. If it doesn't meet your approval after the polish, get some 1500-2k grit sandpaper and take it from there.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #19
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Use mothers and polish the shit out of it. It's polished aluminum, not chrome. There is a difference. I've refinished lips on wheels before and polished them with mothers. You can get them really shiny with it.

Good shit.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #20
2iv0 sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Are those from WheelChoice?

Those tiled floors look familiar... haha
2iv0 sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #21
O3DigitalBath
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
O3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to O3DigitalBath
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
you guys are idiots, just because its shiny doesnt mean its chrome. those lips arent chrome, so who cares if that polish isnt for chrome.

+1 for mothers metal polish, it really is the best. ive used other brands metal polish but none compare to mothers. just wish their paint care products were better.

at least you and Ltdnismoracer4 know whats up....

and to shinhed....wtf are you talking about, that wheel has a polished lip, its not chrome, we arn't talking about him buying wheels that might be chrome, so who cares, i'm sure it says something about not eatting the product on the back of it too why don't we talk about that as well since it is also on the back and also not related to what we are talking about.

and going along with your post I got another crazy item you can use to do something else....how about try the internet to learn the difference between chome and polished metal.

100% sure those are polished lips, so that metal polish that isn't for chrome would work great, you know, seeing how its polished and not chrome.
O3DigitalBath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #22
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

yea i got them from wheelchoice. thanx i'll try the mothers stuff when they come in tomorrow by hand. i'll try to do them about a couple of times a day all week till i get my tires next weekend lol. thanx guys
Old 07-01-2007, 09:00 PM   #23
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240FaLKoN View Post
I'm pretty sure chrome != polished lip.

I usually use mother's to bring out the shine, then "Blue Stuff" (that's what it's called) to seal it.
The blue polish has a sort of silicone sealant in it that repels water, which helps keep ur wheels clean.
Ding ding ding!

Funny you can tell who has crappy wheels just by the response of this thread.

Chrome!? WTF this shit isn't DUBS.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #24
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by O3DigitalBath View Post
.....d to shinhed....wtf are you talking about, that wheel has a polished lip, its not chrome, we arn't talking about him buying wheels that might be chrome, so who cares, i'm sure it says something about not eatting the product on the back of it too why don't we talk about that as well since it is also on the back and also not related to what we are talking about...
My mistake. Not owning those wheels and not reading the thread thoroughly, I thought they were chrome. Since they are indeed alloy, Mothers will work a charm.
I hope you're not mad and you'll still suck me off?

Last edited by shinhed; 07-01-2007 at 09:32 PM..
Old 07-01-2007, 09:24 PM   #25
NiZMo1o1
Zilvia Junkie

NiZMo1o1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Another option is this:

You can get it at Auto Zone/Advance, or order direct from Eagle 1:
http://www.eagleone.com/pages/produc...=1006&cat=5006

Never Dull works Great ! I had some rims sitting for a long time and my friend told me to use these, The rims had oxidation and Neverdull took it off and the lip is now polished