Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
JaredNoel
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredNoel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
SOHC owners, please help.

I've recently replaced the timing chain guides and tensioner in my rattling KAE. Upon reinstallation of everything, the wire from the distributor got caught in the pulley and ended up shorting out the module. I replaced the distributor, and with success I got a really good spark coming from the coil and actual distributor itself. I now face the problem of no fuel coming to the cylinders. The fuel pump is in great condition, filter has been replaced a month ago, and the injectors never gave me any problems prior to the repair process. The ENG CONT fuse was blown in the fusebox, and has been replaced, with no avail to start. The starter was also replaced a few days ago. The car cranks/turns over, but does not fire up. A mechanic and I tried putting a little gasoline through spark plug 1, and it fired up a little bit with the sound of the exhaust kicking out gases. Compression and timing is correct. Compression test gave me 140-150 on all four. I'm leaning towards the idea that the ECU might have gotten fried in the short, but I'd like any help or pointers for me to get this car running. I thank you all for your time in advance, and any knowledge is well appreciated.
JaredNoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Is the fuel pump priming?
Old 04-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
JaredNoel
Zilvia Member

The fuel pump primes.
I release the hose that feeds to the fuel rail and fuel comes out with no ease.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Check fuel pressure and put a noid light on the injectors to make sure they're firring properly.
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
JaredNoel
Zilvia Member

I apologize, I meant to say that the fuel comes out WITH ease after the filter. My belief is that the ECU isn't giving a signal to the injectors to fire. The injectors gave me zero problems prior to the timing chain guides installation.