Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 07-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
KKK wants to adopt a highway in GA

I was browsing across the web and came across this
ACLU to represent KKK in Georgia "Adopt-A-Highway" fight | Fox News

Quote:
ATLANTA – The American Civil Liberties Union will help the Ku Klux Klan in its bid to join Georgia's highway cleanup program as a legal fight looms.
ACLU of Georgia Executive Director Debbie Seagraves tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the civil rights group will assist the Klan in its battle with the state.
The International Keystone Knights of the KKK applied to join the "Adopt-A-Highway" program along part of Route 515 in the north Georgia mountains. Participating groups are recognized with a sign along the road they adopt.
State officials announced this month they would deny the KKK group's application, setting up the legal showdown.
Seagraves says the ACLU is still working on its strategy for representing the group in what it considers a First Amendment case.

Read more: ACLU to represent KKK in Georgia "Adopt-A-Highway" fight | Fox News
Personally I am torn. I feel that the first amendment should be protected and all should have the right to say what they want. However being a black male myself I obviously have a bit of a bone to pick with the kkk.

Thoughts?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
aslong as they are just "adopting a highway" and not linching people up n down the road. then i dont see why its an issue.
Juantwo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I say let em. They are keeping the roads clean. Not hurting anybody.
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Some of these southern states I have no desire ever going to.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
GA isn't to blunt with the lines like other states...anywhere near 285 is safe for you (colored folks)...

I say let 'em

doesn't bother this colored guy!
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Hmm. Seems odd for the ACLU to represent a hate group that has trampled on the civil liberties of minorities for well over a century.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'm pretty sure 'merika wouldn't let the Nazi's adopt a highway...
Old 07-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
I'm pretty sure 'merika wouldn't let chickfila in boston because of my little pony rainbows

Wish more people knew that adopting a highway meant paying city workers to clean it. It's just a yearly check an organization writes.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #9
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Hmm. Seems odd for the ACLU to represent a hate group that has trampled on the civil liberties of minorities for well over a century.
ACLU protects everyone. They have represented Nazi groups as well (look up when the Nazi's came to Skokie - even better was the lawyer who represented them was Jewish). They could give a rats ass who the actual client is, they care about the issue. Nazi v. Skokie Wiki

As for adopting a highway... I would think that because those adopt a highway signs are government property, they could be considered government speach. If they are considered speach, then the government is allowed to controll the messages that it puts out. So, take the money and put a "This road adopted by a group." Doubt they will get another donation but they can certainly refuse to put "KKK" or something more incendiary on a sign.

What the hell is wrong with the south though? Seriously...
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I was browsing across the web and came across this
ACLU to represent KKK in Georgia "Adopt-A-Highway" fight | Fox News

Personally I am torn. I feel that the first amendment should be protected and all should have the right to say what they want. However being a black male myself I obviously have a bit of a bone to pick with the kkk.

Thoughts?
Highlights of this thread....

Bone to pick with the kKK...
Their adopting a highway....

Who really gives a shit....its a highway, not a klan meeting...Let em do what they want, if anything they should be worried about the shit that might happen to them if they decided to do anything on the highway, whilst people are driving by.....
Old 07-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I say no way, would you let the KKK put a sign on your front lawn as long as they maintained it? Fuck no.
slamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamburger View Post
I say no way, would you let the KKK put a sign on your front lawn as long as they maintained it? Fuck no.
Yea sure why not...As long as they respect my rights as the same as me respecting theirs, why not...

Oh wait, that is basically what is going on right? Except there is no small time homeowner...Their is a government in charge of this...Im fairly certain nothing obscene will be put or done that would Terribly offend some people..Aside from a sign reading

"Highway adopted by the Klu Klux Klan of America"

I mean seriously so what....Its a sign who says who adopted a highway..Nothing more..If anything they "might" clean the highway in their robes....Then hilarity would ensue, but nothing more...
Old 07-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #13
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
The Klan adopted the stretch of highway my parents live off of a few years ago. The sign was up for a day before it was stolen. Every time they replaced it, it would be gone after sunset. They never cleaned the road and lost it, and now it's the Rosa Parks memorial highway.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
The Klan adopted the stretch of highway my parents live off of a few years ago. The sign was up for a day before it was stolen. Every time they replaced it, it would be gone after sunset. They never cleaned the road and lost it, and now it's the Rosa Parks memorial highway.
See exactly...lulz ensues and nobody cares.....Thank you for your comment sir....
Old 07-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #15
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Freakin brony lol, jkjkjk..
Old 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #16
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtdream View Post
Yea sure why not...As long as they respect my rights as the same as me respecting theirs, why not...
Yes because the klan is definitely known for respecting the rights of others.

Which btw cgtdream is the actual issue. Broken down simply adopting a highway is a positive thing an organization does for the good of others and to get a bit of positive press from the thousands of drivers who see the sign and know the condition of the road is owed to that group.

When a group based on prejudice and hate wants to do something like that can you not see how some would lift an eyebrow?

For some the kkk is nothing but a bunch of hicks in robes. To others it's a bit more.

Like Zar said if the Nazis wanted a sign up like that think they'd get it? Well read the history of the klan. They are our Nazis, though thankfully without the genocide. (plenty of murders though)

And if you can't see that, then ask yourself if you would be cool of n.a.m.b.l.a. wanted to do the same.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #17
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
This is BULLSHIT and I will tell you why! If the KKK can adopt a highway, than why not a terrorist group or any other hate group. The KKK is a terriost group formed to stop the progress of minorities. They have killed more Americans than any other terriost group in history. The only reason these guys are allowed to exist is because the hide behind a damn rob and hood! They are the worst kind of terriost scum out there. Smile in your face and stab you in the back. They work as police, lawyers, judges, school teachers, military and any other job. If you have the balls to say your superior than another at least show your damn face.
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #18
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Let em. Free speech is for EVERYONE, even if what you have to say is disgusting.
The only reason I'd have a problem is if they don't follow through and keep that shit clean.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #19
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Let em. Free speech is for EVERYONE, even if what you have to say is disgusting.
The only reason I'd have a problem is if they don't follow through and keep that shit clean.
Free Speech is fine.

Here is the problem. How you could part of your highway be "ADOPTED" by a hate group that does more than speak. THEY HURT.

Is that something that your state should endorse/represent?

The bad rap, the negativity, the destruction, now rewarded and on display.

You have to be kidding me.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #20
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This is old news, pretty sure they rejected their request. Well, not old...but the decision has already been made.

Anyone who says they should be able to is an idiot.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #21
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
This is old news, pretty sure they rejected their request. Well, not old...but the decision has already been made.

Anyone who says they should be able to is an idiot.
Read again...
They denied initially, but now the KKK is trying to take it to court with the help of the ALCU.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #22
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^oh okay, yeah it's gonna get denied denied denied. Shit is so dumb.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #23
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I wonder what would happen if Al Queda tries to exercise their rights and adopt a stretch of highway in NY.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #24
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
If you have the balls to say your superior than another at least show your damn face.
I'm sorry but this statement reminded me of this @7:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i9iTYe6tEk#t=450s

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #25
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Now that is fuckin funny!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #26
T chop
Zilvia Junkie

T chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enough
I'm waiting for Tim Thomas to make a facebook post about this.
T chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #27
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
sr20sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20sean
There is a neo nazi group that adopted a road near me. Granted it doesn't say "neo nazi's" but if you look into the group its pretty obvious

Cliff notes: Florida
sr20sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #28
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
that is hilarious. who knew they were so innovative with their hate?
but really, how does the kkk still exist? how are they a legally recognized group? and allowed to function? it blows my mind that the kkk even openly exists.
lolz anyways though. props to those idiots for finding a creative new way to hate people.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #29
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
This is BULLSHIT and I will tell you why! If the KKK can adopt a highway, than why not a terrorist group or any other hate group. The KKK is a terriost group formed to stop the progress of minorities. They have killed more Americans than any other terriost group in history. The only reason these guys are allowed to exist is because the hide behind a damn rob and hood! They are the worst kind of terriost scum out there. Smile in your face and stab you in the back. They work as police, lawyers, judges, school teachers, military and any other job. If you have the balls to say your superior than another at least show your damn face.
Yes because black panthers were all about picking daisies.

Weather Underground - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #30
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
I wonder what would happen if Al Queda tries to exercise their rights and adopt a stretch of highway in NY.
Sure, as long as they pay with direct deposit. 'oh, I'm sorry, that account's locked, do you have another one?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
but really, how does the kkk still exist? how are they a legally recognized group? and allowed to function? it blows my mind that the kkk even openly exists.
Really? The right to free assembly and association are part of the first amendment. It's not an after-school program, you don't have to sign up for a time to rent the gym. No one can legally stop them.