Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
THE Gran Turismo thread.

Well, it's inevitable. GT5 is going to come out within the next year and the suspense is killing me like a fat kid waiting for his cake. Prologue is set to release in October this year and their will be online play. I'm really excited to use the new wheel with gearbox, in-car views, 16 cars vs. old school 6 cars per race, EVERYTHING. I have nothing else to say...until later.

Here's the latest update on it from ign.com

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/813/813424p1.html

It's like waiting for the next transformers movie haha!

Last edited by Dutchmalmiss; 03-07-2008 at 09:24 AM..
Dutchmalmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (-3)
Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: -3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Unholy S14
i doubt it will come out within a year

anyone remember GT for the PSP ?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
damnit....my brother is taking his ps3 to his dorm this year
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy S14 View Post
i doubt it will come out within a year

anyone remember GT for the PSP ?
My guess is late 08, so a year from now. That's a pretty educated guess. If I was going to go towards the unrealistic side, I'd say Spring 08. But I know that's not gonna happen.

The fact that Prologue is coming in Oct, means they are pretty far along in development. And Prologue is also a Online Demo of sorts to see how their online system holds up.

Kinda like what they just did with the Halo 3 demo.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #5
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
true true but we will see

they can always run into problems
Old 08-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
Drunk Bastard
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Drunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drunk Bastard
i hope the drifting is like in gt3 and not like in gt4
Drunk Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #7
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
The only thing I'm going to hate about online play is, no matter how confident I am with the game, there will always be those prick hacker/cheater players to taint with online record.

And about the drifting, I'm sure it's not going to be like GT3. It was a bit improved though if you tried out the GTHD demo. I wasn't digging the scoring system with the distracting sounds and flag display, but waaay better than GT4 that's for sure.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
true true but we will see

they can always run into problems
AND, PD usually does.

Which is why I'm sticking with my concervative date og Holiday Season 08.

I'm pretty good with making educated guesses when it comes to the game industry.

I made a $100 bet with my uncle Wii would surpass 360 worldwide by September.

And well:

0.43M Japan
6.69M America
3.31M Others
10.43M
Wii
41.7%
3.39M Japan
4.15M America
2.87M Others
10.41M
41.6%

Right now Wii is selling 200k more units/week then the 360. So by Next week it's a done deal.

Yesterday he asked me where I wanted my gift certificate at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
The only thing I'm going to hate about online play is, no matter how confident I am with the game, there will always be those prick hacker/cheater players to taint with online record.
That's why you form a small league like I do and only race with this people. This way you avoid "the douche".
Old 08-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

wii sucks

i could care less how much it sells

but lets look at the software sales lol

people buying wiis are parents for their little kids
Old 08-17-2007, 12:10 PM   #10
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
wii sucks

i could care less how much it sells

but lets look at the software sales lol

people buying wiis are parents for their little kids
Huh...almost everyone one of my friends have one...Almost non of them are parents or kids. I'm certainly neither.

We won't get into that debate though.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #11
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

naw we wont.

im just a big wii hater lol
Old 08-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
That's why you form a small league like I do and only race with this people. This way you avoid "the douche".
I'm down to create a Zilvia GT league!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #13
wootwoot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Quote:
naw we wont.

im just a big wii hater lol
I'm sorry that you do not have the skill and hand control to master the art of Wii golf..Maybe if you keep practicing

I've been playing Live for Speed recently at my friends and holy hell...I want that exact thing with more people and all of the GrandTurismo courses. Shit is f'n sweet. Just not a lot of cars or courses. Handling dynamics are pretty accurate though
Old 08-17-2007, 12:26 PM   #14
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

id rather play a realistic golf game on my ps3 or 360
Old 08-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #15
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

^^ actually, the wii sports golf game is pretty fun.

To stay on topic tho, i hope they have the nomenclature for the nissans right this time. For GT3 and GT4, they had the S13 fastback named the "240sx" when it was a "turbo" car AND it was rhd. I know it's a small detail to overlook, but it urks me! I know it's not gonna happen, but that'd be awesome if they add the zenki 180sx. PIGNOSE FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #16
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
id rather play a realistic golf game on my ps3 or 360
Hhee, realistic as in using a anolog stick to swing a club rather then making a actual swinging motion? heheh.

Ok, lets stop now.

I've been a Nintendo fanboy ever since well...I was a boy. I own both 360 and Wii, and I'll be buying a PS3 as soon as MGS, GT, and GTA4 come out.

Wii is fun though. I love the fact it has the virtual console so I can buy all my old favorites.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #17
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
i think this was about gt5 and not about the nintindo wii.
as soon as i finish my car, i think ill have to buy a ps3 just for that game, does anyone know if there will be customization to cars other than wheels?
like on other game systems?
the graphics are the best ive seen in a driving game, but i could honestly car less about driving ferrarri, im not tyrign to be a hater, but it is nice to have more cars to choose from and 16 peope to race against other than just 6 is cool too.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #18
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i thought GT4 sucked ass. IMO forza was way better. not looking forward to GT5
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #19
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
i think this was about gt5 and not about the nintindo wii.
as soon as i finish my car, i think ill have to buy a ps3 just for that game, does anyone know if there will be customization to cars other than wheels?
like on other game systems?
the graphics are the best ive seen in a driving game, but i could honestly car less about driving ferrarri, im not tyrign to be a hater, but it is nice to have more cars to choose from and 16 peope to race against other than just 6 is cool too.

they have not revealed that fully at this point. To answer your question.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #20
bboyt3nsk
Zilvia Member

bboyt3nsk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bboyt3nsk
Good link!

I WILL be buying a PS3 for this game. I just REALLY hope they get the sound right this time. The cockpit view looks cool, itll be the closest thing ill ever get to driving a ferrari or caterham. Im excited though!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #21
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
i thought GT4 sucked ass. IMO forza was way better. not looking forward to GT5
Forza was WAAAY too easy. Forza 2 was alright, but still easy.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #22
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

i always thought GT4 was the easy one compared to forza or 2

you can wall ride every turn, very unrealistic.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #23
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

^^^ why would you wallride a turn anyways? attempting to drive unrealistically is defeating the purpose of "simulation." I'm sure you can wallride, knock AI's offtrack, take shortcuts in Forza also.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #24
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

try to wall ride in forza and u will see realism.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #25
Forte EXE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Forte EXE is making his/her stupidity well-knownForte EXE is making his/her stupidity well-knownForte EXE is making his/her stupidity well-knownForte EXE is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I bet most of you guys who say GT4 sucked played with a controller. Its a simulation game, it is recommended you play with the Logitech Driving Force pro. And Forza and Forza 2 was horrible. Cant wait till GT5 comes out. ONLINE BABIIIE!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #26
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte EXE View Post
I bet most of you guys who say GT4 sucked played with a controller. Its a simulation game, it is recommended you play with the Logitech Driving Force pro. And Forza and Forza 2 was horrible. Cant wait till GT5 comes out. ONLINE BABIIIE!

Actually I played it with the logitech.

It didn't SUCK, it was an alright game, but it's really just lost a lot of it's luster after 5 iterations of the SAME game with new cars. It's like the difference between Madden 07 and Madden 08. It's still the same shit just prettier. They need a lot of help in this respect.

Forza I think was just overall more FUN.

Maybe the graphics sucked, and maybe the car selection wasn't all it could be, but I'll be damned if that isn't one of the most fun games to play online (if you can find a good group of people).

Either way, as a racing fan, I look forward to every racing game with unnecessary optimism.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #27
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Here's some pics courtesy of ign.com

replay of GT-R leading the pack

15 cars in this one

Shot of the Prologue menu w/ customizable background, calendar/time display, regional temp. Pretty cool.

Another menu shot

In-Dash view!

More in-dash (looks like you can customize your glove color?)
Old 08-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #28
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
well i just got my ps3 60gig so, im set. aka blueray player + 300 the movie + 1080p = gangsta.

20 gig is dead and 60gig is discontinued. replace with 80gig with emulated ps2 price shoots back to $600. it might be awhile again before it drops.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #29
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
FUCK YES for getting to drive Brands Hatch.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #30
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
damn.... GT5 already? with all the bullshit with GT4 coming out this will most likely be out early 08. its all good though cause i'll most likely have a PS3 by this time.
jrocslider is offline   Reply With Quote