Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #31
S12 Drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
S12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prove It View Post
I forgot how many dumb kids there are on zilvia. Do your research and decide for yourself. Personally you can get the best bang for your buck and have reliability with a 2JZ but You will pay for it
2jz is overplayed... but it's overplayed for a reason it actually works.

yes the kiddies on zilvia do seem kinda stupid... can barely wrench on their own cars without asking for help.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #32
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
you want 400hp with a 6k budget....build the KA, get nistune, s366 BW, 550cc+ injectors.....be happy.

I had a 400hp KA and it was fun, I now have a 2j making roughly 420+ (dyno'd at 372hp with an ebay t70 now running a holset hx40 and its def faster)
Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #33
S12 Drifter
Zilvia Junkie

S12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLspeed View Post
you want 400hp with a 6k budget....build the KA, get nistune, s366 BW, 550cc+ injectors.....be happy.
I've never owned a runnign ka and i can see this is a better option from a budget standpoint.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #34
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do a lot of research but to save yourself time and money in the future, take your time and build it right. use the money to buy a 2JZ or RB and then keep saving up and building the engine or getting parts ready for the swap. I would rather have a reliable DD 300 hp SR20 than an unreliable 500 hp KA monster that is a time bomb that will blow any day.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #35
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

Since I plan on a SR swap, here are some basic numbers you should know for an idea...this is assuming you dont find any awesome deals.

SR20DET + Tranny = 2-3k
Making sure the SR is reliable = $100-$1000
Getting a shop to do the swap = $500-$1000 (you get what you pay for)
Boltons and other mods = the sky is the limit, but you get what you pay for...
Old 05-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #36
S12 Drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ 21o3 View Post
Do a lot of research but to save yourself time and money in the future, take your time and build it right. use the money to buy a 2JZ or RB and then keep saving up and building the engine or getting parts ready for the swap. I would rather have a reliable DD 300 hp SR20 than an unreliable 500 hp KA monster that is a time bomb that will blow any day.
HOW IS A KA A TIME BOMB IF YOU FULLY FUCKING FORGED THE ENTIRE BOTTOM END WITH ACL BEARINGS, EAGLE RODS AND WEISCO PISTONS?!?!?!!?

seriously!!! explain this to me. i would like to educate my self on something you clearly know.

(But i agree RB is a badass swap but not for the weak if you dont know about engines and how they operate and work dont bother with a RB)

RB = real brains because thats what it takes to work on one and figure out the little problems it has.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #37
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S12 Drifter View Post
HOW IS A KA A TIME BOMB IF YOU FULLY FUCKING FORGED THE ENTIRE BOTTOM END WITH ACL BEARINGS, EAGLE RODS AND WEISCO PISTONS?!?!?!!?
Holy crap, keep your tampon in. I was using it as an example.

You can do whatever you want to any engine but if the tune is bad, any engine could be a time bomb...hence why i was using it as an example in taking your time and doing everything right.

I know KA's can be extremely reliable if built and tuned right, as I plan on building the KA24 in my Nissan Frontier to be my lil tow rig. lol
Old 05-06-2013, 11:11 PM   #38
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH.

and then you'll realize 2jz is the right way to go. an N/A-T build is the most cost effective and reliable way to get big power into your 240. but theres a lot of research involved.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #39
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
want 400hp dd, buy a camaro or mustang, tons of aftermarket for making horsepower in those. =)
Old 05-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #40
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
240sx, the next Honda. TURBO JUST KICK IN YOOOOOO1!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:56 AM   #41
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Your car
your budget
you know what you are capable of
I refuse to believe that asking strangers to make a decision for you will help

And I write too!
Closed Thread