Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:15 AM   #61
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
That's the only place I take my car when I need bodywork. Great family business and their company car is a sweet modded GTR.
Gallen Callahan is a cool dude, him and his family run that. He's got that primer / silver / white Cressida with Orange wheels. idk if you guys saw him at the last open drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_240sx View Post
Maroon zenki S14. Stock body. There is another guy with a similar car named Alex, but he drifts on z32 rears. I use s14 se wheels or my rear Volks if it's raining and I don't want to change wheels haha.
Damn I always get you two confused I more than likely have taken photos of you
Old 04-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #62
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good to know guys, I'll def. check them out.

Now who would you recommend for a KA engine rebuild? I went to a few places and they looked at me with the 'That's the truck engine.... right' puzzled type of face. So I'll not be using them and C&D in Redmond is used to 'blank check' type of customers, which I am NOT.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:55 PM   #63
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
Gallen Callahan is a cool dude, him and his family run that. He's got that primer / silver / white Cressida with Orange wheels. idk if you guys saw him at the last open drift.
I've never had dealings with Gallen. Only his parents. Nice folks even if they are little cat crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
Now who would you recommend for a KA engine rebuild? I went to a few places and they looked at me with the 'That's the truck engine.... right' puzzled type of face. So I'll not be using them and C&D in Redmond is used to 'blank check' type of customers, which I am NOT.
Your best bet is to find a running KA on CL. Its cheaper and it'll get you on the road much faster than having a shop spend weeks/months rebuilding one for you. I know there is a local shop selling rebuild for like $1500 if you're dead set on a rebuilt.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:05 PM   #64
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks for the info Agam.
I keep seeing the $1495 ones on craigslist from JapaneseAutoEngines in Tacoma, but I'll be putting myself in the same spot, not knowing the engine's condition. Is that the one you're talking about?

If I rebuild it, I know that everything in there is brand new and the engine has 0 miles.

I like having options and having to decide. I just hope this one holds up for a while but seeing that much rust out of the cooling system does not give me much hope.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:43 PM   #65
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

chris_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post

Damn I always get you two confused I more than likely have taken photos of you
I talked to him very briefly, but he seemed nice. His Cressida was parked outside so I felt like I was in the right place.

Yeah, our cars look pretty similar right now. It worked out for me though, I bought his spare maroon fenders after my crash

SoundEfx, I'm not sure on a shop for rebuilds. I haven't had to go down that road yet. $1500 seems very steep for a KA though, unless it has forged internals. I sold my running KA/trans/ecu back in Missouri for $350. I've been hearing that KA prices are going up though.
chris_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:03 PM   #66
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I used to see them for cheap on craigslist, $300 - $450, but I never had a means of picking it up or a place to keep it, so I had to pass. Now, I'm almost to the point of regret.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:24 AM   #67
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
we'll have to grab beers and cruise when I get back

I totally agree on the need for mature, laid back meets / cruises. Less beat shit DIW guys like those puzzle piece guys. LOL and yeah it is sad how PNW stuff is so compartmentalized, it's really hard to find good groups. PNW_INC for example is still 'secret' and unsearchable other than the media page. There's a couple more too. A page called Modified Elite. Etc. California and AZ and NV have great pages and groups, for some reason Washington is full of so many morons wanting to just go drift in parkinglots and do dumb shit, everyone hides their groups and meet spots. There's a few 240s in the PNW INC page, just not many due to the requirement of a nice, tastefully done car that isn't a drift missile / project / etc. One guy has a R33 GTR full drivetrain under a S13, another has a VQ swapped S14 Kouki, it's just more rare. Just shoot them a message on the media page and see if anyone responds.

Rebuilt KA I mean 1500 isn't that bad, considering the hours to tear one apart, rebuild kit is probably 500 bucks but probably will take a good 6-10 hrs to do a rebuild correctly. I'd want some reviews and info though for sure

Go to nissanfest! lol I'd be there if I was in the states. I know there will be quite a few nice cars going.

BTW whats wrong with your current KA?
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:31 PM   #68
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

We'll def. have to grab a few beers.

I don't know why they don't simply make a site and have the members sign in, that way they keep it exclusive and kick out who isn't cooperating.

I only have one finished car right now, but no one would consider it worthy because it isn't expensive. In fact it's on the bottom of the Nissan poll. But that makes it a total sleeper, which was my intention.

Trust me, I get the need to keep the morons out, but at the same time, let the wise ones in.....lol
Old 04-17-2016, 06:04 AM   #69
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

Horray, beer!

I dunno about the website. I dunno how it's really being run right now since there's been so many changes in 'management', but apparently 19 PNW_INC cars showed for Nissan Fest so maybe they're doing something better.

I <3 sleepers. There are some cars in the group that aren't expensive. It's just no bacon fender, mismatched wheel / panels / fart can / etc builds. I know they've kicked a few people out for driving and acting like morons too. Post a pic of the sleeper though, I wanna see :P

Did anyone go to Nissan Fest?!
Old 04-17-2016, 07:56 AM   #70
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

This is what I roll around in sometimes:

But it has this under the hood:

So it is not show ready in any way, but it's fairly clean. I can't fix the fwd part.....lol

I couldn't make it to Nissanfest, but I'll be at the Griots Mother's day thing.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #71
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

Nice, looks good.. and I bet it's a handful haha. I own a FWD mobile too, though I'm getting rid of it. What kinda power does she make?

Apparently the homies pulled in: Best in Show, best 350z, best 370z, runner up 370, best 300, best 240, best g35 coupe, best g35 sedan, best g37, best q50 and runner up q50. shietttt. A buddy tyler in his green VQ swapped Kouki got the best 240.

I like Griots a lot. It's close and I love their products. Lol
Old 04-17-2016, 05:28 PM   #72
S30ZG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
S30ZG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S30ZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:59 PM   #73
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

She makes enough to surprise anyone.
I love getting the 'Isn't that a SENTRA? How is he still next to me?' look....lol
It's the transmission that's the killer. Why? It's auto. No misshifts therefore constant times and I am the only boost auto B15 in WA and one of maybe 3 in the U.S. More money went into the transmission R&D than the engine build.

It seems as if everyone is in Tacoma and I'm the only one up north. I'll still make the drive though.

Damn, were there any other categories? Your peeps look like they took everything.

Wud up ZG? Nice s13 pimp. Where in WA are you?
Old 04-18-2016, 06:50 AM   #74
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Nice Sentra, you don't see those done very often. I was wondering about the trans, sounds expensive haha.

Sweet S13, I think I saw you around a couple meets last year.

I missed Nissanfest this year. I wasn't that bummed until I saw there was some good tandems and some decent cars that came out. Oh well, next year!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:51 AM   #75
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks pimp. I actually visited my friend who also has a boosted Sentra, but his is the typical boosted manual, 6 speed, Spec-v's.
And yes it is...

Any of you WA peeps plan to go to other shows? We should meet up some time.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:45 PM   #76
S30ZG
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
She makes enough to surprise anyone.
I love getting the 'Isn't that a SENTRA? How is he still next to me?' look....lol
It's the transmission that's the killer. Why? It's auto. No misshifts therefore constant times and I am the only boost auto B15 in WA and one of maybe 3 in the U.S. More money went into the transmission R&D than the engine build.

It seems as if everyone is in Tacoma and I'm the only one up north. I'll still make the drive though.

Damn, were there any other categories? Your peeps look like they took everything.

Wud up ZG? Nice s13 pimp. Where in WA are you?

I live in Bellevue currently. The Type X is on the back burner for now because of a weird lean condition and I picked up a JZS147 GS300 about a month ago.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #77
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

I'll be going to whatever is at the end of the year. I wont have the motor and stuff in the 240, but it'll have wheels and suspension done. I'll be in the Z though.

Nice 240 and Lexus. I want a GS ever since I saw that boosted quad rotor GS on youtube. LOL

There's a lot of good stuff to go to this year.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:02 PM   #78
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S30ZG View Post
Yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was curious where Brian's old car was.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #79
S30ZG
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostyMcZface View Post
I'll be going to whatever is at the end of the year. I wont have the motor and stuff in the 240, but it'll have wheels and suspension done. I'll be in the Z though.

Nice 240 and Lexus. I want a GS ever since I saw that boosted quad rotor GS on youtube. LOL

There's a lot of good stuff to go to this year.

Thanks! I've always liked GS300 and used to have an LS400 a few years ago. I'm trying to stop myself from taking a plunge and dropping in a 2jz non vvti but it's very tempting since it's almost a PNP swap like an SR into a s chassis.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #80
S30ZG
Zilvia Junkie

PNW role call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I was curious where Brian's old car was.

Lol yeah I've had it for about 2 years now after buying it from Levon. DD'd it up until a month ago with only minor hiccups during that time (clutch,ignition switch,etc).
Old 04-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #81
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S30ZG View Post
Lol yeah I've had it for about 2 years now after buying it from Levon. DD'd it up until a month ago with only minor hiccups during that time (clutch,ignition switch,etc).
Its a sweet ride. I watched it being built. I wish it still had the blue mag TE37s though.

Nice GS too. My advice is to keep it stock pass on the 2jz. Having 2 project cars is tough dude.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:39 PM   #82
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Hopefully ill be back livingin WA in the next four years.

I really hate the east coast
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #83
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
just ordered a downpipe and innovative wide band for my KA-T setup
Old 04-19-2016, 06:52 AM   #84
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Thanks pimp. I actually visited my friend who also has a boosted Sentra, but his is the typical boosted manual, 6 speed, Spec-v's.
And yes it is...

Any of you WA peeps plan to go to other shows? We should meet up some time.
Is the Sentra community thriving? I feel like I never see modded ones.

I have no solid plans for meets, other than Formula D. I'm down to meet up some time.

S30ZG, nice Lexus too, is it growing on you compared to the S13? I hope I'll have a Lexus/Toyota sedan in my life at some point...

Wykydtron, nice. How close is it to runnning?
Old 04-19-2016, 07:54 AM   #85
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

having two boosted cars is tough. 2j swap would be badass though! lol if the 240 can support daily duties, why not? thatd be a hell of a sleeper too. I've wanted a big turbo SC for a while.

East coast isn't toooo bad, where ya at?

Once I sell my Focus ST I'm turning the 240 into the daily til I swap the motor. then it'll be nice weather daily. lol

Wyky what else ya got done to it?
Old 04-19-2016, 11:13 AM   #86
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

Wykydtron, nice. How close is it to runnning?
Need to get my spare oil pan tapped, then I need to swap it in. Might change my solid motor mounts out for oem motor mounts to make it more streetable, gf would be happier.

Small things like nuts and bolts needs to be gathered, test fitting the IC piping and mounting the FMIC... I think I'm going to see how it runs with the stock 270cc injectors for now, I have 550cc's for the build. Next big step is to send my ECU over to Nismotronic, have the daughter board installed, then install the ECU and do an eTune with them. If all goes well, I'll try to get the Nismotronic SA in a month or two... or if bills permit I'll order it at the end of the month lol.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:01 PM   #87
S30ZG
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

S30ZG, nice Lexus too, is it growing on you compared to the S13? I hope I'll have a Lexus/Toyota sedan in my life at
Lol I haven't driven my s13 for about a month. Kinda miss driving it, kinda don't [emoji23]. Hopefully I can start digging into its issues pretty soon here. Had to do a 90k on the GS since it looks like the PO didn't do much maintenance unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostyMcZface View Post
having two boosted cars is tough. 2j swap would be badass though! lol if the 240 can support daily duties, why not? thatd be a hell of a sleeper too. I've wanted a big turbo SC for a while.

East coast isn't toooo bad, where ya at?

Once I sell my Focus ST I'm turning the 240 into the daily til I swap the motor. then it'll be nice weather daily. lol

Ha yeah I'm going to wait till my brother does a 2JZ swap into his '97 SC300 before we tackle turboing the GS. I kinda hope he does a vvti 2jz because they are so much cheaper than non vvti [emoji389].

How do you like your Focus ST? I've driven one or two and they felt kinda slow to me haha. I'm dying to see reviews on the Focus RS after we start getting them stateside though [emoji48]
Old 04-19-2016, 12:12 PM   #88
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Damn, PNW is jumping.. That's what I like to see....

Nice Lex pimp. I always wanted a GS, but could never pull the trigger because I'm either already in a project or want another car a little more.

The sentra community is striving, but not in WA. GA, TN and a few in FL is holding it down, but as time goes on, only the hardcore few like myself are pushing the limits. There are only maybe 5 boosted Sentras in all of WA and maybe 3 of us are pure sleepers. The others are loud, so they are kind of putting themselves out there.

Anyone have any 17 inch, 8 wide 4 lug rims they are willing to part with? These 17x7 makes the car look like a muscle dude who skips on leg days....lol
Old 04-19-2016, 12:23 PM   #89
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Flying into Seattle tomorrow from NY! Any cool things you guys can recommend? Any cool shops?
Old 04-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #90
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

The sentra community is striving, but not in WA.

Anyone have any 17 inch, 8 wide 4 lug rims they are willing to part with? These 17x7 makes the car look like a muscle dude who skips on leg days....lol
There was a hand full of sentra guys at NissanFest, kinda cool to see those guys out.

Quote:
I'm 5 lug