Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
phatjo911

Trader Rating: (0)
phatjo911 has made poor choicesphatjo911 has made poor choicesphatjo911 has made poor choicesphatjo911 has made poor choicesphatjo911 has made poor choicesphatjo911 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
R32 Conversion On 240SX Coupe

What I'm talking about is a R32 conversion ( front and rear ) for a 240SX coupe.

I am sure I saw another thread like this here on Zilvia, but I searched and I could not find it. I DID search.... but couldn't find it. If someone has a link to it, please provide it by posting on this thread or PM me. Or if another member on here did the conversion, could you provide their screenname?

Also, is the conversion as straightforward ( kind of ) as the S15 conversion? Basically buy S15 conversion fenders, S15 hood, S15 bumper and headlights and rad support?

Thanks!

Oh and here's a video of one [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpNALq5aeU[/ame]

Looks super clean.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #2
steve_o1989
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
steve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
As far as I know, you can't get an off the shelf conversion for an R32 front end. There is probably a reason for this *cough*looks stupid*cough*

I personally have never been a fan of conversions unless it was something that was made for that particular model, but never offered in certain areas ie. Silvia front on coupes, JDM Integra..

If you like it and think that you could manage it then all the power to you. It is all preference, but no, it isn't as straight forward as an s15 conversion.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
Shawn shawn

Shawn shawn will become famous soon enoughShawn shawn will become famous soon enoughShawn shawn will become famous soon enoughShawn shawn will become famous soon enoughShawn shawn will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shawn shawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_o1989 View Post
*cough*looks stupid*cough*
It's the truth.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_o1989 View Post
*cough*looks stupid*cough*

that says it all in my opinion but shit man what ever floats your boat.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
buy the time you finish paying for all the parts and body work, you could of just bought an r32.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkrune View Post
buy the time you finish paying for all the parts and body work, you could of just bought an r32.
my thoughts exactly...if u already own an r32, might be easier to convert that to a vert...then do all this fabbing but

again

wat ever foats ur boat

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
Old 07-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #7
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to svensko
I'd be down for a R34 front end kit.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #8
KADRIFTER

KADRIFTER has made poor choicesKADRIFTER has made poor choicesKADRIFTER has made poor choicesKADRIFTER has made poor choicesKADRIFTER has made poor choicesKADRIFTER has made poor choicesKADRIFTER has made poor choicesKADRIFTER has made poor choices
Last time I posted up about this I got major flamage because other people's OPINIONS did not coincide with mine (typical Zylvia) which is what is already beginning here of course... Anyhow, check out this link for probably the best write up / DIY on the front end install:
http://www.ultimatecarforum.com/s14-r32-headlights.html

Or, if you want check out my first post about the wiring. (which by the way, the set I bought off ebay for less than $110 shipped from Japan in GREAT condition was already wired perfectly to just plug and play - my post about the wiring was total NOOB and I didn't realize a plug had been left on prior to shipping it to me):
http://www.ultimatecarforum.com/s14-r32-headlights.html

Have fun man, I think it looks freakin awesome but that gap does need to be taken care of for it to look good up close. GL

** Nevermind - realize now you gotta s13... my reply was based on s14. sorry.

Last edited by KADRIFTER; 07-08-2008 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: **Sorry man, didn't watch the video - guess you have a s13... well anyway GL.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #9
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
why does it sound like that?
Old 07-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #10
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Please, at least spell our name correctly. It's Zilvia. There has never been, nor will there ever be a "Y" in it.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #11
top_mount
Leaky Injector

top_mount will become famous soon enoughtop_mount will become famous soon enoughtop_mount will become famous soon enoughtop_mount will become famous soon enough
there are bolt on conversion fenders for the s13/32. they also have a conversion hood. i highyl recommend sourcing a core suppost because that is the key to fittment. my brothers vert has the r32 front on it.

check raceonusa.com

the car they show is my brothers.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #12
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
You can get r32 conversion fenders from raceonusa.com and they tell you in the description all the things you have to modify. They also mention they fit like junk . Here is some pics from Origin and Touge Factory's site.
Edit: They say on the website to use oem peices (hood, etc.). You have to modify your chassis pretty much.
Quote:"These fenders are for the Skyline R32 front end conversion. The fenders are very wide, we think they are approximately 25-40mm wide but are unsure of the exact width. This is one of the hardest conversions to do to the 240SX because of the difference in length between the R32 Skyline and the 240SX. These fenders are not a perfect fit and will need some modification, but they are the only conversion fenders that are available. These fenders allow you to use genuine skyline body parts on your 240SX, you will need the following R32 parts: Headlights, Corner Lights, GTR Hood and latch, GTS front bumper, GTR Grill. You will have to weld metal extensions to hold the hood latch and front bumper in place."

Old 07-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #13
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
The best part is that unlike kouki and S15 swaps, the R32 swap won't even be noticed by 95% of the people tha tlook at it.

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like a Zenki frontend that is just squinting a little more.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #14
Jonnyblaze
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
if the one in the vid was a coupe it would have been 10x better.. anyone got pics of a coupe with both front/rear conversions?

'91 Hatch - Work in Progress
Old 07-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #15
DrifterPaw
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
DrifterPaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Go to this place they make a conversion kit to do the r32 front end.
Heres 2 hoods to do it
http://www.aerokits.net/cart/index.p...oducts_id=2484
http://www.aerokits.net/cart/index.p...oducts_id=1625
Front bumper
http://www.aerokits.net/cart/index.p...roducts_id=951
2 s13 to r32 fenders
http://www.aerokits.net/cart/index.p...roducts_id=952
http://www.aerokits.net/cart/index.p...oducts_id=1828
even a r32 wing
http://www.aerokits.net/cart/index.p...oducts_id=1915
No rear light conversion or bumper that your going to have to find on your own, hope this helps you out.
They are having a group buy for a body kit on here on zilvia and you can ask for the r32 bumper with it I'm already on the list for the kit and an s15 front bumper.
Heres the thread for the group buy on zilvia
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t...t=aerokits.net
Old 07-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #16
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
save your money for more weed.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #17
gameeffect
Zilvia Member

gameeffect is a jewel in the roughgameeffect is a jewel in the roughgameeffect is a jewel in the roughgameeffect is a jewel in the roughgameeffect is a jewel in the roughgameeffect is a jewel in the roughgameeffect is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to gameeffect
the r32 front end should bolt up fine, jsut the fenders will stick out. but if your a gangsta than you would run it like that. or just buy some r32 to s13 fenders and your good to go. i personally like the idea of r32 front on a s13. for the rear you will need to do some cut and bondo.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #18
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
I like the r33 front on s14 zenki. They're so similar, yet different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
Old 07-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #19
Jonnyblaze
Zilvia Member

Jonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_phantom_240 View Post
pics? gotta see this

'91 Hatch - Work in Progress
Old 07-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #20
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Lemme see if I can dig em up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
Old 07-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #21
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Go to canadaland, pick up an r32 for 7 grand.

Put every swappable part on it into an s13. Call it a day. Bam. Instant "legal" street beast.

WEll, its kinda legal...
Old 07-08-2008, 08:07 PM   #22
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_phantom_240 View Post
true...the lights just looked a bit more stretch out ..lol

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
Old 07-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #23
02BRB20
Zilvia Member

02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore
www.240sxforums.com/forums

more members over there were into it a couple of years ago
Old 07-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #24
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Buy R32, register R32 as 240, drive R32, don't ruin 240.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #25
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
Go to canadaland, pick up an r32 for 7 grand.

Put every swappable part on it into an s13. Call it a day. Bam. Instant "legal" street beast.

WEll, its kinda legal...
Not in California, ask skylindrftr how he knows!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #26
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
If your going to do it do it right buy a real r32 front end find someone who can weld, and someone who can do body work, grow some balls and do work son. I hate these half ass conversions with people using shitty fiberglass conversion fenders that dont fit right and crack and fall apart. Do it right or dont do it at all. Oh and get use to catching shit for being different rudolph did so why shouldnt anyone else who is. People dont typically like different, but f the haters do what you like, not what everyone else wants you to do.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #27
TiNMAN
Post Whore!

TiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TiNMAN
heres a r34 front on a s14

jacked from the sexy jdm car pic thread

I AM LEGIT.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #28
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
my thought on the subject: if you want an R32 that bad, i say go out and buy one. Non-GTRs r not that expensive. Using the car might be a little tricky...

They were not that great looking cars. They just look like a normal car from the 90s IMO. I dont think its worth doing a body conversion to pretend to be an R32 Skyline. An S13 with some sweet aero will rock an R32 GTR or not anyday.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #29
origin_s135
Zilvia FREAK!

origin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfection
everyone has their own taste in shit like this. i like it. imagine this shit all black on chrome vskf's. i don't think it will look stupid anymore. *COUGH*haters*COUGH*
Old 07-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #30
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
This about sums up my thoughts on the conversion.

But who am I to judge? it's your car.