Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-22-2017, 09:20 PM   #601
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Anyone here running a set of Kelford 184C??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2017, 06:42 AM   #602
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey guys just posting to let you guys know that we have a shipment of Kelford 184-T's and Kelford 184-ST's coming in and they'll be on the shelf ready to ship in about a week. We're now going to start selling Kelford directly.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:38 AM   #603
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
@hanzbrady- Do you have a PN for NGK plugs with a removable plug tip to accommodate the CBR coils?
Old 03-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #604
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
jr-ss, if hanz doesn't find it, let me know. I may have the part number on my comp at home.

What are you using now btw??
Old 03-23-2017, 05:22 PM   #605
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
jr-ss, if hanz doesn't find it, let me know. I may have the part number on my comp at home.

What are you using now btw??
I am running BKR7EIX PLUGS currently.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #606
Mintyboy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Mintyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just started looking into sr20vet. I know people do these motors to get big numbers with a sr. Being that, almost everyone on here says not to cheap out on parts, with the appropriate parts, would you say they can be reliable motors? If so, at what hp would be its limit for safely running it? Hope that makes sense. Thanks
Old 03-24-2017, 03:19 PM   #607
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Lol. Anythig can be "reliable" with the right amount of money and know how.
You need to be more specific about your goals as well. Go search some more.
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:35 PM   #608
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Is anyone running a future fab manifold?

I am running one with a 38mm wastegate with a GTX3076, and i am getting boost creep!

My target boost is 18psi, and it's peaking to about 22psi.

I have the CP Pistons with valve reliefs, compression 9:1, is 22psi ok on pump gas or is that sketchy?

I still havn't tuned in the water/meth setup, so maybe i can tune that in to obtain 22psi?

Last question, SHOULD i be getting boost creep with my setup?
Old 03-26-2017, 08:38 PM   #609
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
maybe the 38mm is too restrictive with that?
Old 03-26-2017, 11:59 PM   #610
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Options13 View Post

I am running one with a 38mm wastegate with a GTX3076, and i am getting boost creep!

I have the CP Pistons with valve reliefs, compression 9:1, is 22psi ok on pump gas or is that sketchy?

I still havn't tuned in the water/meth setup, so maybe i can tune that in to obtain 22psi?

Have you tried to start with a 14psi base spring vs the 8psi spring it comes with?

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:57 AM   #611
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
there is actually a 6lb spring in the gate right now.

if my target boost is 18psi, should i be running a different spring rate?

ALSO, i am using the aem boost control integrated in my ECU with the aem solnoid.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:32 AM   #612
jr_ss
Post Whore!

You should be running close to what pressure you want so that gate doesn't have to regulate large amounts of air.

A 13-15lbs spring would work better for your situation. However, 38mm may not be up to the task. I have 44 on my GTX 3076r and I don't have creeping issues. I'll spike past set pressure but it settles within 1 psi to desired. I'm also running a PeakBoost manifold.

With that said, I'd start by changing springs out to see if that helps.

Anyone have any insight to the Spark plugs I requested earlier?
Old 03-27-2017, 06:03 AM   #613
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
there is actually a 6lb spring in the gate right now.

if my target boost is 18psi, should i be running a different spring rate?

ALSO, i am using the aem boost control integrated in my ECU with the aem solnoid.
Rule of thumb is; double the gate spring pressure is typically the "max" it should run at + or - a few psi. I think you are above that limit and I would bump it up to a 10-12 psi spring to give you some headroom.

jr-ss, I thought you received the info from hanz. Let me reach out to my buddy Ashton to see. Sit tight (send me a PM in afternoon in the mean time to make sure I do not forget).
Old 03-28-2017, 05:46 AM   #614
jr_ss
Post Whore!

I called NGK yesterday because I could not find what I was looking for. I spoke with someone from tech support; They DO NOT make a threaded terminal spark plug in 5/8 hex. They have one in the 13/16 hex, but if I'm not mistaken, that is too large for us to use in these heads.

So, I'm searching for quality plugs that use the threaded terminal stud in 5/8 hex. Anyone have anything I can look into?
Old 03-28-2017, 05:52 AM   #615
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

jr., I reached out to my friend twice with no response. Not sure what the deal is as he is seeing my messages
Old 03-28-2017, 06:42 AM   #616
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Hey guys, the part number you need is Denso:IK24, IK27, IK31 The numbers dictate head range. Generally street cars are happy with the 24's
Old 03-28-2017, 06:47 AM   #617
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Hey guys, the part number you need is Denso:IK24, IK27, IK31 The numbers dictate head range. Generally street cars are happy with the 24's
And there you go jr

Thanks Hanz!
Old 03-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #618
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (15)
speedingmofa is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Guys, can i get a bit of advice on what type of bearings to use for a vet setup?

Block has been machined with oil groooves (sr20ve style, i think the gtir also has them machined) to accept gtir 5-hole bearings.
It's a daily driver with the occasional track/drift use.

I'm sort of leaning towards ACL race or Kings bearings, but i'm having doubts wether to maintain the loser end of the standard recommended clearance (according to FSM 0.025mm) or use the X (+0.025mm/0.001") bearings.

Motor will see max 8.5k rpm on 16ve cams, supertech S+R, HX40 on TS exh mani

And has anyone been able to fit a 4" elbow+downpipe in a LHD s14?
Old 03-28-2017, 08:04 AM   #619
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
which one dictates what heat range?

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #620
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post
24, 27, and 31 are the heat ranges.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:24 AM   #621
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
Guys, can i get a bit of advice on what type of bearings to use for a vet setup?

Block has been machined with oil groooves (sr20ve style, i think the gtir also has them machined) to accept gtir 5-hole bearings.
It's a daily driver with the occasional track/drift use.

I'm sort of leaning towards ACL race or Kings bearings, but i'm having doubts wether to maintain the loser end of the standard recommended clearance (according to FSM 0.025mm) or use the X (+0.025mm/0.001") bearings.

Motor will see max 8.5k rpm on 16ve cams, supertech S+R, HX40 on TS exh mani

And has anyone been able to fit a 4" elbow+downpipe in a LHD s14?
We use ACL on every build at the shop when they're available. Use GTi-R bearings, and I'd recommend using a 19mm rod bearing however they require rod machining. Don't bother with HX bearings unless you need them, we also shoot for factory tolerances.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:29 AM   #622
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post
This might help

@hanzbrady Thx for the reply bud! Are those regular ACL's or the Race's types? Unfortunately, crank has alraedy been externally balanced. So i will be using the regular 17's on the rods
Old 03-28-2017, 08:30 AM   #623
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Quote:

I had the same issue with a GTX2867r did a 44mm gate boost creep went away
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #624
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
This might help

@hanzbrady Thx for the reply bud! Are those regular ACL's or the Race's types? Unfortunately, crank has alraedy been externally balanced. So i will be using the regular 17's on the rods
We use ACL race bearings. As for what you just said, all sport compact engines are internally balanced, not external just figured I'd clear that up.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:39 AM   #625
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

What i meant is that it was balanced by itself. Balance was then checked with flywheel attached. Never saw the procedure with my own eyes though.
So that's called individually balanced then i suppose?
Old 03-28-2017, 10:12 AM   #626
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
What i meant is that it was balanced by itself, i think with the flywheel or some weight attached where the flywheel is supposed to be. Never saw it being balanced with my own eyes though.
So that's called individually balanced then i suppose?
Well there's essentially two types of engine balancing, external and internal.
V shaped engines, especially old school V8s will be externally balanced meaning that the flywheel and balancer have counter weights on them to correct the imbalance in the crank and rotating assembly.

On sport compact and inline engines you have internal balancing, meaning that since the action of two pistons simultaneously rising cancels out harmonics found in V orientated engines. This way you just have to balance the crank and the rotating assembly by themselves. All sport compact and inline flywheels, clutches, and dampers are "zero balance" meaning that you can change them without ruining the balance of your engine.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #627
jr_ss
Post Whore!

I ordered a set of IK24's. I should've ordered some IK22's to keep the heat range the same. We'll see how the car responds with it.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:17 PM   #628
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
+1 for ACL bearings. Bluemoon did my assembly and thats what they recommended (of course, WPC treated, for overkills sake)

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:16 AM   #629
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Cams and Turbo setup!!!! + supporting mods

What are you go pushing with the twin scroll GTX3076 turbo? I want at least around 550ish HP. This is the only turbo i have laying around besides a greddy 18g. I want to see who's doing well with the twin scroll GTX3076 and what numbers are you guys putting up so i can determine on cam setup.

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:58 AM   #630
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Soooooo..............Anyone using Kelford 184C cams??