Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

View Poll Results: Buy an sr20det for my stock s14 daily or buy some work meisters for my supra?
sr20det for my stock s14 daily 50 63.29%
work meisters for my supra 29 36.71%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2015, 07:34 AM   #1
zenki_chris01

Trader Rating: (0)
zenki_chris01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR20DET or Work Meisters? What would you do? (Poll inside)

I have a choice to either buy an sr20det for my stock s14 daily or buy some work meisters for my supra. Help me chose which is a wiser decision please. And keep in mind i already have a 2jzgte 6 speed in the supra
zenki_chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #2
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Meisters. keep your daily on the road, and you wont run into issues later on being stuck without a working car. speaking from experience
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:38 AM   #3
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
invest in something more financially rewarding? If you need to ask people on the internet what to do with your money then I would suggest doing something more responsible with it.

Obviously you want to swap your daily driver and make it fast. If you buy the Sr, at minimum I would do a factory spec rebuild and refresh on everything you can. This will cost you a pretty penny (in the realm of 7 grand or more depending on how you budget and what work you do)

Rims? They look good yes but after a while you will have to address other issues on the car. When you buy rims, all you do is stare at your car from every possible angle. It gets old. Not like stale or anything but you get bored. I'm sure your car isn't 100% perfect either.

Use that money towards something more productive
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:44 AM   #4
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Rims? ... When you buy rims
Yes, listen to the guy that calls wheels rims.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:37 AM   #5
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
put a fish in your butt
Old 11-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #6
Aeroscraper326
Zilvia Addict

Aeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfection
^makes sense

Aeroscraper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #7
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
Rims are synonymous with wheels, but whats the point in me responding to yet another productive member of zilvia?
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:31 PM   #8
teh smithers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
teh smithers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
put a fish in your butt
I second this motion. Fish in the butt.
teh smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 01:03 PM   #9
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Meisters, keep your daily a daily
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 02:27 PM   #10
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
zenki chris i believe you should v8 your supra and 2jz your s14 the HOONIGAN GODS WILL BE PROUD DO IT!
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #11
2.5T_/<ouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Can't believe someone is asking the internet what the "wiser" choice would be.... LOL. Their 1st post also
2.5T_/<ouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 06:51 PM   #12
Jibbberish
Leaky Injector

Jibbberish is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
Shit ton of people call wheels rims. I got flamed for saying "rims" once and since then I heard Daniel Ricciardo call them rims in an interview. F1 driver wins. I win. You loose. Shaddup.

OT: I would get neither. I'd buy a much more reasonably priced set of wheels on good rubber and bank the rest.
Jibbberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #13
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Automotive enthusiasts become such linguistics scholars whenever someone calls wheels rims, while the rest of the time they can barely formulate a legible sentence.

Irregardless.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:08 AM   #14
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Buy 2000 cups of coffee instead.
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #15
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Sell your supra and S14 and buy Meisters and SR. But make copies of the keys then take your cars back. Best of both worlds.

But what would be more responsible is to spend your money joining the military and defending our nation against terrorists.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #16
shephurd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shephurd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post

But what would be more responsible is to spend your money joining the military and defending our nation against terrorists.
dead......
shephurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #17
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Added a poll and changed the title to a less click bait title.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:16 PM   #18
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
buy some KA-T parts for the s14 and XXRs for the Supra
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #19
Jibbberish
Leaky Injector

Jibbberish is an unknown quantity at this point
Think about value, you could have a rippin little 2L turbo motor to enjoy every day, or a set of played out wheels to just look at.
Jibbberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:44 PM   #20
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My vote is for:

Option 3) You are a moron.

Just because you have money burning a hole in your pocket, does not mean that you should bother us with a "what should I do with my money" poll.

Think about it. If you had any bit of logic, you would think about what is more important and what takes precedence given your current situation. For example...

If your current engine is weak, high mileage, etc... then it would make sense to put that money into either a rebuild or replace. And if you buy a replacement, what makes you think that engine is not going to require more time and money? There are very few SR20DETs out there that are in tip-top condition. You easily could end up buying a clutch and/or turbo at the bare minimum, and possibly a rebuild if the engine is not as advertised. It happens all the time.

And if you need tires for example, then it would make sense to put that money towards wheels, rims, or whatever else you guys want to fucking call them. If you are going 5-lug, again... it would make sense to spend that money on wheels.

What does not make sense is to make a fucking poll and ask strangers....

ya fuckin moron
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:08 PM   #21
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
mEISTERS. Putting a motor that you can't immediately get parts for in your daily is a dumb idea. Buying legit wheels to kill the game is always a better idea. Make sure you get them in baller specs and get a air freshener hang with a half naked lady on it that doesn't actually freshen the air in your car. Post instagram pix. Win.

You don't get schweg points for SR's. Only JDM points. And JDM points are about as useful as Iraqi denar.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:02 PM   #22
CompleteXen
Leaky Injector

CompleteXen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
put a fish in your butt
A snake might be a bit more rewarding though.
CompleteXen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #23
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
NNaaahhhh. Just donate it to me. It will make you feel 100x better
zurud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #24
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
You COULD buy a lot of McChickens instead
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:33 PM   #25
dorkjoey240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
dorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dorkjoey240
I voted on the motor S14 SR
Old 11-30-2015, 06:32 PM   #26
Z32TwinTurbo
Zilvia Junkie

Z32TwinTurbo can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
You COULD buy a lot of McChickens instead
Only logical comment in this thread
Z32TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:14 PM   #27
Mongomery1234
Leaky Injector

Mongomery1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
ls swap /endthread
Mongomery1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:27 PM   #28
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Rich people's problems make me sick.

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #29
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
hmm

a twenty year old antique engine that needs a rebuild, gets one, falls apart within 500 miles and you sell the whole car in quiet frustration,

or

a set of wheels that you can look at, other people can look at, and thats about it for 2k

I'd say neither, go for the mc chickens, no doubt
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:39 PM   #30
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I think fish in the butt is the best suggestion yet.